Official Deadpool Thread

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
'Deadpool 2' Director Departs Over Creative Differences w/ Ryan Reynolds

So, what happened to create such a rift between Miller and the actor whose career he helped resurrect?

We’re told the director was all set to make the sequel, which still doesn’t even have a release date. That’s allegedly in part because when Reynolds’ agents renegotiated his deal, along with a massive amount of money, the star got casting approval and other creative controls. That whole process took more time than Miller (and fans) would have liked, and it shined a spotlight on differences in vision between the two key players.

Miller, who owns a visual effects studio and we’re told did much of the polishing work on the original “Deadpool” for free, wanted more of a stylized sequel, while the actor placed his focus more on the raunchy comedy style that earned the first movie its R rating.

The casting issue also eventually came to a head over the possible booking of Kyle Chandler in the sequel. Mashable movie reporter Jeff Sneider first reported Chandler’s potential involvement with the “Deadpool” sequel during a “Meet the Movie Press” podcast, saying that the actor’s name has been “floating around for Cable for months.” Allegedly, Miller wanted the “Bloodline” star to play Cable, though Reynolds did not. Ultimately, the studio backed its marketable star, and the man behind the camera packed up his lenses.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
It seems like Ryan Reynolds was in the mind-set of, if it ain't broke, why fix it?:manny: I don't blame him for that as the movie damn near grossed a billion dollars world wide. Why fcuk up that formula now? Plus, Ryan Reynolds has some serious passion and dedication about the Deadpool character so I can see why him and Miller were butting heads. Hmm....I wonder if Ryan would be open to directing the sequel as he's so tied in to it.:jbhmm:

Norrin Radd

To me, my board!
Daps
Reppin
Zenn-La
It seems like Ryan Reynolds was in the mind-set of, if it ain't broke, why fix it?:manny: I don't blame him for that as the movie damn near grossed a billion dollars world wide. Why fcuk up that formula now? Plus, Ryan Reynolds has some serious passion and dedication about the Deadpool character so I can see why him and Miller were butting heads. Hmm....I wonder if Ryan would be open to directing the sequel as he's so tied in to it.:jbhmm:
Has he ever directed anything before?

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Has he ever directed anything before?

No, I don't believe he has. At the same time, whom is better to direct Deadpool than....Deadpool himself:russ: I think that he would do a great job, because again, the amount of energy he's put into this project is nothing short of amazing. What better way for him than to have complete control over a character and story he understands so well.

Niggthaniel Essex

13th Floor/Growing Old
Daps
Reppin
Maryland
Ron Perlman needs to be Cable.
ron-perlman-cable.jpg

Ron has the acting chops to be the straight man when paired up with Deadpool.

Also, he fukking looks like Cable and actually wants to play him.

I see Kyle Chandler and...I just don't fukking get it.:what:

TheGodling

Los Ingobernables de Sala de Cine
Daps
Reppin
Rotterdam
I feel like I'm inclined to go with Ryan on this one. Although I understand Miller wanting to go further and take it up a few notches.

Really? I figure they're Reynolds is gonna push the comedy so much nothing else will be left. I mean, the first one barely had any semblance of a story as it is but played out cleverly enough to hide it for the most part (the origin scenes were still absolutely fukking terrible). The sequel is more in a dire need of gaining some structure and not just a repetitive "throw more jokes against the wall" approach.

Last edited:

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
Thing is Tim miller had that same passion .

It wasn't just Ryan Reynolds. The writers,miller etc had also been pushing for this film as a team for like 5 years

And as the article stated above Tim did free visual work on the film at his visual effects studio.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
Thing is Tim miller had that same passion .

It wasn't just Ryan Reynolds. The writers,miller etc had also been pushing for this film as a team for like 5 years

And as the article stated above Tim did free visual work on the film at his visual effects studio.

Hmm...but when you think of Deadpool, you think of Ryan Reynolds leading the way with most of the project. I do credit Tim Miller and the writers but I think Ryan really elevated the character to whereas you can't ever imagine someone else playing that character.

Spades Of Aces

The Infinity Watcher
Daps
Reppin
Japan
I just realized...isn't Ryan Reynolds birthday on October 23?:ohhh::patrice: Maybe they're pulling a fast one on us or something....:jbhmm: