Official Deadpool Thread

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Hmm...but when you think of Deadpool, you think of Ryan Reynolds leading the way with most of the project. I do credit Tim Miller and the writers but I think Ryan really elevated the character to whereas you can't ever imagine someone else playing that character.

Yeah he can't be replaced but that doesn't mean someone else on the creative team isn't as invaluable. They gotta make the right move on the new director

Dominic Brehetto

Rest In Piss To Your Cousin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Family
I don't know how to feel about this news.

Seems like nothing was getting done and the studio had to pick.

I feel like Deadpool as a film was a solid 7/10 with room to improve. I imagine having a bigger budget will help with that.

It wasn't the genius deconstruction of super hero films that some implied but there was things to like namely Reynolds. I did like the gritty feel of the film compared to some other films.

I'm of the mind there's a whole lot of films ruined in the past by one person becoming too big to share ideas and wanting complete control.

Only time will tell if Reynolds getting this type of control will be for the betterment of the next film.

Woodrow

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
reynolds' receipts show a lot of bad movies. i know he's the star, but giving him this kind of creative control comes at a risk. he might be responsible for getting the film up-and-running. but after that happened, miller played a role in the film's critical, commercial success.

miller's desire for a more stylized direction makes sense, imo. of course deadpool would want a big-ass "i'm a superstar now" movie. he'd also wanna talk about it with the audience at some point. this is the same dude who clowned his own movie for having two offshoot x-men and only a portion of the x-mansion visible. if they handled it right, it could work.

on the flip side... the hangover was a monster r-rated hit that tried to do the same thing the second time out. didn't work too well. not the same thing. but it's worth noting that more of the same isn't always better.

whatever creative beef they had, he and miller created piff together. force them to figure it out. cause if FOX fukks up the franchise it's just as bad as ryan deciding he wanted out. especially since there's almost no way he'd turn his back on a chance to continue as the star of his very own corner of the marvel universe.

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Shoulda called Reynolds bluff and told him "You can always go play another comic book hero,is green Lantern still available:troll:"

Fox should've made the final call and said the kyle chandler pick was stupid.

Cabbage Patch

The Media scene in V is for Vendetta is the clue
Daps
Reppin
The Last Frontier
I want every Ryan Reynolds movie remade as a Deadpool movie -- starting with Blade Trinity. That movie is so much more stomachable seeing Ryan as a proto-Deadpool in it than just a snarky try too hard white boy with abs. Deadpool and Blade versus OG Dracula...yeah Much better mindset to watch the movie with.

I didn't even particularly like Deadpool, but I had just watched the Wolverine origin movie and Deadpools' insanity and need to mouth out made more sense after seeing his mouth sewn shut. Wolverine made Deadpool better, in a more serious way than Deadpool making Blade Trinity better.

As for Green Lantern, GL is too serious for Ryan's touch, it deserves a reboot. I wouldn't mind.

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I want every Ryan Reynolds movie remade as a Deadpool movie -- starting with Blade Trinity. That movie is so much more stomachable seeing Ryan as a proto-Deadpool in it than just a snarky try too hard white boy with abs. Deadpool and Blade versus OG Dracula...yeah Much better mindset to watch the movie with.

I didn't even particularly like Deadpool, but I had just watched the Wolverine origin movie and Deadpools' insanity and need to mouth out made more sense after seeing his mouth sewn shut. Wolverine made Deadpool better, in a more serious way than Deadpool making Blade Trinity better.

As for Green Lantern, GL is too serious for Ryan's touch, it deserves a reboot. I wouldn't mind.
see, this guy got the right idea!
+rep
:smoothhoffa:

he shouldnt even be Ryan Reynolds no more. To hell with that shyt. Hes just Deadpool now!
imagine the possibilities
UmBAp7Q.jpg

:idothat:

GzeJlzK.jpg

oRuAaOT.jpg

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
see, this guy got the right idea!
+rep
:smoothhoffa:

he shouldnt even be Ryan Reynolds no more. To hell with that shyt. Hes just Deadpool now!
imagine the possibilities
UmBAp7Q.jpg

GzeJlzK.jpg

oRuAaOT.jpg

The last one would be really dope with Deadpool and Jeff Bridges going back and forth. Actually, make it Deadpool and The Dude and you got yourself a 100 million opening weekend

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
The last one would be really dope with Deadpool and Jeff Bridges going back and forth. Actually, make it Deadpool and The Dude and you got yourself a 100 million opening weekend
they really need to let Deadpool host SNL or one of these shows
have his ass pop up on the View or some shyt lol