Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
i just read an article that suggest this is a sign of “comic book fatigue “ :stopitslime: 300 million worldwide is a sign of fatigue? Really? Just two years ago these old out of touch fukks didn’t think rated r films could work anymore and now because it didn’t shatter another record it means people are tired of superheroes?

The real problem is this movie came out so close to avengers and right after black panther. If this movie released later in the year months after the last comic movie it would have did better
Movie critics and movie snobs want the popularity of comic book movies to be over so bad. They can't stand the fact that comic book movies are still the most popular genre. They're pretty much trying to force the idea of comic book movie fatigue.

reservoirdogs

Superstar
Daps
Watched this yesterday. It wasn’t as good as the 1st but I had fun overall. It wasn’t as cheesy as I heard some critics tell it is and while there were corny jokes, it was mostly still funny. I view it as something of a parody since Deadpool often openly reference and makes fun of the Marvel and DC universe... so I don’t really vreak a sweat with trying to fit this in this or that timeline or universe. I view Deadpool as it has it’s standalone world and it’s good like this.

the killing of his GF seemed too forced though like I could tell it only happened because creators thought Deadpool is on a too comfortable place now and they needed this to change.

LurkMoar

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I liked the first one better but still pretty good, if they somehow find a way to incorporate Deadpool into the marvel universe:dead:

Half the jokes would be him complaining about the PG13 rating :dead:

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I meant to say IF there was a “problem “ that would have had more to do with it then “fatigue”. However I fell for the writers click bait tactics, so that was a success for them. Smh

It’s all click bait breh lol. By that I mean every writer wants you to read their stuff and find a hook. I’m sure that writer does believe it and is behind their convictions. But as a writer, trust me, that’s the job. So don’t feel like you fell for anything. Click bait is just a term the internet came up with for articles they disagree with and can’t fathom how anyone would think that

BobbyBooshay

Arnold Jackson
Daps
Reppin
London
Thought the movie was trash

4.5/10

Didn’t laugh once

It was just more over the top try hard humor. Characters were lame and Deadpool didn’t even seem like Deadpool anymore

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Someone explain to me what made this movie good outside of the comedy since that’s subjective.

What else made this a “good” movie?

The structure holds up even though the first half act lags a bit. But you’ve got three solid acts with arcs for the three main characters (pool, cable, Russell) and their arcs and character development are tied together, which is always good writing. And nothing that happens with the three of them feels forced. It all ends at a logical conclusion. The movie sets things up in the first or second act and pays them off in the third (Deadpool not being a hero, cable’s time device, the teddy bear, Russell finding someone who does give a shyt about him) and the action scenes are pretty dope as well. Good choreography, easy to keep track of, and told their own story inside of the larger story.

The basic things a movie needs to do from a story standpoint are all there. But clearly the movie is going to live or die on its humor and if the humor doesn’t work for you then there’s a good chance the rest of the stuff won’t even be noticed.

Last edited:

Clark Wayne

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
FL
I didn’t think it was trash but I can see why people didn’t like it. Deadpool comedy hardly does anything for me so I mainly watch for the action.

I thought the first was ok and felt mostly the same about this. I think it was a bit better because of the new characters added to it.

Like the first I can’t see myself going back to it anytime soon, if ever. :yeshrug:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore
Saw it on Saturday with a sold out crowd. I thought it was entertaining as a whole. I'm not as hardcore into Deadpool as a lot of folks are; I honestly like both films just the same. It does come across as parody at times as opposed to just a self aware superhero flick, but I don't have a real problem with that.

Happytime Murders tho...man that trailer was something else. Had everybody rolling. I'll be damned if that doesn't do numbers first weekend it's out.

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
Someone explain to me what made this movie good outside of the comedy since that’s subjective.

What else made this a “good” movie?

For me, first as a good movie, it made a clear decision of what type of movie it was gonna be, and stuck with it throughout. Too many movies try to be too many things at once, and end up being a mess. So it set a concise tone. Next, there were character arcs for all of the main characters. They all had a goal, and aimed for that goal. And they were memorable. The story was straightforward and perfectly meshed with the tone of the movie. And it's an action movie, so the action was good, wacky and over-the-top, easy to follow, and gave everyone bad a$$ moments.