Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

MenacingMonk

Tranquilo
Daps
Reppin
West where the Sunsets
watching the new jack one right now, is there any good sites to view all of these..I hate that the ones on youtube there is audio delay
Vice site has them up several hours after they air. There's some BS now where you can only watch 30 minutes for free, then it stops, and you gotta click the "free user" shyt again and scroll back to where it stopped. :francis:

If you don't mind doing that though.

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
if anyone needs that unedited, original HD airing of the Bruiser Brody episode hit me up with that request in a private message and rep :mjgrin:

Vice still has some of these episodes live on their YouTube right now, but they removed them from being "listed" so you can't find them unless you saved the original web link .... saved the Brody episode link and it still works :whew:

that episode is much better unedited (with the foul language) than the TV edited one because it really showcases all of the emotions in the moment.

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Vice site has them up several hours after they air. There's some BS now where you can only watch 30 minutes for free, then it stops, and you gotta click the "free user" shyt again and scroll back to where it stopped. :francis:

If you don't mind doing that though.
daily motion has some, just watched the brett hart one..Cornett and Russo :mjlol:

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Just because you do “a program” don’t make you a main eventer though:russ:

Big Bossman was a midcarder just like Ken Shamrock in the WWE was a midcarder

If we going off that logic then no one should be shytting on a lot of former WWE guys that at times went to Impact, AEW or etc and calling them “mid carders” but beside thats the point and getting back on topic:lolbron:

Again coli tries weaponized “MidCard” and make it like it’s a bad thing when many of their old time greats were nothing but midcarders themselves

Oh and that 6-10 (i know I said 10, I think that Number works for today due to the large roster but back then was probably pushing it) isn’t really just solely “the men’s heavyweight level” guys.

That’s a combination of the top woman/diva and possibly a tag team.

Prime example at one point of the E, say the main eventers where Roman, Brock, Charlotte, New Day (well hell thats 6 already), maybe slide Seth, Ronda and Becky in then BOOM!!!

Thats IT.

Back then Scott is under guys Bret, Shawn, Diesel, Sable, Sunny, Taker, Macho Man, Yokozuna, Flair

Dude, Razor Ramon was never under Sable or Sunny:beli:

Sunny was with the Bodydonnas & Godwins at that point, FFS

I even don't think Sable came around til what, '97,'98?

And even when she did, she was just one of HHH's hoes at first, then under Marc Mero.

HBK, Bret, Diesel, Taker, and Shawn were the bonafide uppercarders.

Guys like Vader, Owen Hart, British Bulldog, Scott Hall, and Bam Bam Bigelow occupied that spot between midcard & upper card, where they could be in main events sometimes, but sometimes also give credibility to the mid card.

King P

Legends Never Die
Daps
Reppin
Views From The X
These guys were delusional if they thought anyone would get over with this bullshyt tournament :mjlol:

Acting like a PPV between Stone Cold and Dr. Death would have drawn money :dead:

The truth is The Brawl For All wouldn't have elevated anybody, and it showed. Most of the wrestlers (with the exception of a few) had little to no fighting experience, and it showed. The fights were sloppy, most of them looked like they didn't know how to throw a punch. They were just swinging wildly. It just looked like a backyard/WSHH fights. It wasn't aesthetically pleasing whatsoever. How is anybody going to come out that looking like a badass even if they won :martin:

As for the whole Bart Gunn vs. Butterbean thing...

I knew they were going to take the "Bart was fed to Butterbean as punishment for beating Dr. Death" route. But I for years have never bought that theory, and if anything that line of thinking lets WWF off the hook for their stupidity, lack of knowledge as it pertains to boxing/fighting, and just plain old not knowing what they fukk they were doing. And I just finished listening to Cornette talk about it, and he basically confirmed my thought process all along.

I think they got Butterbean because they needed something for Bart Gunn, and they had done business with Butterbean before so it was easy to make. Me personally, I grew up in a family full of boxing fanatics. So I've been watching boxing since I was a little kid. I was fully aware of who Butterbean was. I definitely can say that Butterbean was looked at by many as a gimmick fighter; nothing more than a glorified toughman who feasted on C/D level club fighters. shyt I remember my dad laughing at Bean and calling him a joke of a fighter. I can guarantee that WWF viewed him in the same light, and thought if Bart was given a couple of months to train that he could be competitive fight with Butterbean. But (since they don't know much about actual fighting) they didn't realize that although Bean was a gimmick fighter, he still had legit boxing experience. It would realistically take a couple years of to actually be able to compete with him, not a couple months. The end result should have come as no surprise. Which is probably the reason why everyone thinks they did it on purpose to punish Bart, because the idea was that fukking stupid. But the entire Brawl For All was so fukking stupid to begin with. So it's no surprise that end result as just as fukking stupid, it was the cherry on top :francis:

Tony D'Amato

It's all about the inches
Daps
Reppin
Inches
I can listen to Jim Cornette talk about anything. And I think he hates Trump and republicans too.

Edit:

Yep, Cornette is a fukkin legend