Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Lol what a terrible comparison. Severn had 0 personality, the total opposite of Dr. Death. Shamrock should have been pushed more but of course Vince had no respect or knowledge about the MMA game, especially at that time.

Shamrock also wanted the Brock Lesnar treatment of being a part timer. I know now in hindsight it doesn't seem stupid because Lesnar has it but back then it wouldn't be good for business or personal to give him or any other talent that type of treatment.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
They were extremely dumb for not capitalizing on a Shamrock vs Severn 3. Vince had no clue what was going on

Vince knows wrestling and only wrestling. He's nothing more than a carney with good knowledge for business of wrestling. He's promoted boxing matches, tried is hand in bodybuilding competition, Hollywood and even a football league and has failed at all of them Had he purchased UFC and been involved in running it instead of hiring the right people to promote and deal with the business side of it he would've fukked that up too. Be thankful he stayed away from it.

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Those other companies were creating stars, but either they were spending too much money handing out massive contracts, or their wrestlers weren’t being paid enough band jumping ship for a payday. There’s various factors in why other companies are gone and not creating stars wasn’t one of them. You’re loud and wrong in every one of these posts.

So AWA went under because of massive contracts. The same company that let Hogan walk to WWE because Vern Gagne didn't think Hogan could make him money. The only stars WCW created were Goldberg and DDP.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
So AWA went under because of massive contracts. The same company that let Hogan walk to WWE because Vern Gagne didn't think Hogan could make him money. The only stars WCW created were Goldberg and DDP.

Eh..... if it was for NWA/WCW I would’ve never known who Booker T was

it can be argued that Scott Hall formally first known as The Diamond Studd and Kevin Nash former first known as Vinnie Vegas was bigger and more popular than Razor Ramon and Diesel :ld:

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Eh..... if it was for NWA/WCW I would’ve never known who Booker T was

it can be argued that Scott Hall formally first known as The Diamond Studd and Kevin Nash former first known as Vinnie Vegas was bigger and more popular than Razor Ramon and Diesel :ld:

Scoot Hall left WCW after his first stint because they were pushing their own sons instead him. Kevin Nash was first known as Steel and then the wizard gimmick known as OZ before he was Vinnie Vegas. WWF gave them the opportunity and exposure they needed which lead to them getting more money in WCW and being part of one of the greatest wrestling angles ever.

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
Scoot Hall left WCW after his first stint because they were pushing their own sons instead him. Kevin Nash was first known as Steel and then the wizard gimmick known as OZ before he was Vinnie Vegas. WWF gave them the opportunity and exposure they needed which lead to them getting more money in WCW and being part of one of the greatest wrestling angles ever.

not denying that.... doesn’t really dispute anything I said though.

most times when people mention them though, they talk more about their time in WCW for good or worse

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
not denying that.... doesn’t really dispute anything I said though.

most times when people mention them though, they talk more about their time in WCW for good or worse

But being stars in WWF is why Bischoff wanted them for the NWO takeover angle. It wouldn't have been believable if they were mid carders in the WWF before that

Bryan Danielson

Daps
Reppin
But being stars in WWF is why Bischoff wanted them for the NWO takeover angle. It wouldn't have been believable if they were mid carders in the WWF before that

well technically..... in the IC division and never had a WWF championship reign or shot.

Razor Ramon was a mid career

Which I think is over used too much in a negative manner to try to dismiss and shyt on guys.

But Owen Hart, Mr Perfect, Ted Debias, Jake the Snake, Big Bossman, etc were mid carders yet they get propped up a s celebrated:patrice:

Scott Hall was a former WWF midcarder that was elevated higher when he came to WCW:manny:

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Vader's run was a failure because Shawn Michaels buried him in everyway possible.
That, and Bret didn’t really care for working with him either:
“It was like wrestling with a cement truck filled with barf. (Laughs) He was stiff and really the sh*ts to work with as far as… he was no fun. He hurt you constantly. Every punch or kick. I can remember he did a belly flop on me one time. He told me he could do it safe and not hurt me or whatever. My body felt violated. Four hundred pounds of blob just slapped my whole body. I was numb after the match. I remember feeling violated. He was really stiff. He stunk. He smelled like throw up. He never washed his gear. I guess he washed it every once in awhile. After a couple of weeks on the road with Vader it was just tough working with him. He was maybe one of the stiffest and smelliest guys I ever had to wrestle” (Source: The Sharpshooter Show).
If the top 2 guys in the promotion don’t care for working with you, much less when one of them is world champion at the time, it wasn’t gonna bode well for him in the long run and it didn’t. He was a square peg they were trying to fit into the round circle that is the WWF/E. Same issue Dr. Death had a few years later.

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
A few thoughts after watching the Brawl For All episode:

- I surprisingly don't remember much of the BFA soI guess I must have been lucky and was tuned into Nitro while most of the tournament was going on. It was really strange after that was over - Bart disappeared from TV and didn't return again until 1999 when he had a hardcore match with Bob Holly. I didn't even realize there was heat on Bart Gunn until he was out of the company.
- Cornette/Russo fukkery. :mjlol: I'm not the biggest Cornette fan, but I'll ride with him over Russo any day.
- Butterbean's right hook is no joke. Word to Johnny Knoxville.

- The way Bart fell on that bottom rope is scary as fukk and could have injured him further. Really, the only thing memorable about that Mania BFA is it's the last appearance of Gorilla Monsoon.
- Droz's small story. :mjcry: Supposedly, D'Lo was actually thinking about quitting the business after that until Ric Flair called him up and told him accidents happen in the industry.

BFA was a fukk up that I thankfully don't remember much of.

Last edited:

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
well technically..... in the IC division and never had a WWF championship reign or shot.

Razor Ramon was a mid career

Which I think is over used too much in a negative manner to try to dismiss and shyt on guys.

But Owen Hart, Mr Perfect, Ted Debias, Jake the Snake, Big Bossman, etc were mid carders yet they get propped up a s celebrated:patrice:

Scott Hall was a former WWF midcarder that was elevated higher when he came to WCW:manny:

Scott Hall as well as the others you've mentioned have been in the world title picture and wrestled in the main event against the WWF's top guy at some time. That's not a midcarder. Hall could've been world champion in both had it not been for his personal demons. The IC is not a midcard title it's above that. A midcarder then was a guy who beat jobbers and lesser known stars and Hall was a 4 time IC champ so he at the very least was an upper midcarder and was very over with the fans.