Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
The shyt that gets to me about the Brawl for All is that they forgot that a lot of these wrestlers were damaged goods. We all heard the stories of guys working with bum knees, bad backs, muscle injuries, etc. Yall ever heard the saying, "she's a cheeseburger away" well a lot of these guys were a "take down away" from breaking down. That's exactly what happened and it low key exposed the business as to how these guys are in POOR physical shape. These guys weren't stretching before their fights, shyt the godfather was back there smoking.

The other shyt that got me was who in the hell thought that Dr Death would get over with the fans in the attitude era? JR is goofy as fukk for that one. Talking about story lines and feuds with Stone Cold. Talking about title runs, talking about pay per views. :mjlol:

I think I mentioned this in another thread relating to Dr. Death, but they wanted to push a guy who was 39, who looked like an 80s relic, doing New Japan wrestling moves in 1998 WWF. I have no idea what they were thinking :mjlol:

2 Up 2 Down

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think I mentioned this in another thread relating to Dr. Death, but they wanted to push a guy who was 39, who looked like an 80s relic, doing New Japan wrestling moves in 1998 WWF. I have no idea what they were thinking :mjlol:
I like Dr Death but he didn't looked like a mid carder at best during that time. Bart should've been given a mid card push like European champion or Hardcore champion

supertrekker

Superstar
Daps
Yea once again, the WWE actually knowing what they're doing and handling guys correctly is a whole other issue. They've ruined countless # of guys who could have been stars.

Not sure why everyone's acting like the WWE has a good track record with these kind of things.

They're track record is better than other promotions. You can't go by their recent mistakes. Austin, Hall and Nash were all misued and mistreated by WCW and became stars in the WWF. Even Benoit Guerrero and Jericho found more success in the WWF than WCW. Dr. Death wasn't gonna get past mid card stage at that point in his career.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
A guy like Bart was never going to be above mid card status. He just didn't have "it"

That's the other thing... even if they run with this Knockout King Bart Gunn gimmick... he was a pretty uncharismatic guy, mic-wise and in the ring... they ain't interrupting nothing to toss him in the mix with Austin and them on the assumption that maybe this dude who was never over and didn't have the qualities needed to get over might work.

Playaz Eyez

Veteran
Daps
They're track record is better than other promotions. You can't go by their recent mistakes. Austin, Hall and Nash were all misued and mistreated by WCW and became stars in the WWF. Even Benoit Guerrero and Jericho found more success in the WWF than WCW. Dr. Death wasn't gonna get past mid card stage at that point in his career.

Probably cause they’ve been around longer than any other company, so they should be.

Kid Kash

Time for the Moneymaker
Daps
That's the other thing... even if they run with this Knockout King Bart Gunn gimmick... he was a pretty uncharismatic guy, mic-wise and in the ring... they ain't interrupting nothing to toss him in the mix with Austin and them on the assumption that maybe this dude who was never over and didn't have the qualities needed to get over might work.
Then they should've paired him with a manager.
Like Cornette...or JR:troll:

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
On the after dark episode of the show
They say there was nothing discussed about the brawl 4 all winner feuding with austin or any plans at all for the person who won

It was somthing kevin kelly told bart gunn to convince him to join the tournament

:laff::laff: