Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Daps
Reppin
NYC
Feels like they crowbarred the Vince stuff at the end.
I wanted to hear more about Vince taking over the Georgia territory and what he did to put them out of business, what he did with their top guys, video tapes, etc. etc.
I've always been intrigued by how old school wrestling territories were managed in the 80s.

Here's the footage:

So basically Vince showed up unannounced, and started shoving WWF matches down the viewers throat, straight G sh*t :dead:

he was basically standing in front of the Georgia Championship Wrestling sign promoting WWF.

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Watching the sandman episode, seeing them talk about the crucifixion controversy, reminds me of Raven telling the story on Forever Hardcore.

"People were complaining and saying that "you and Paul are Jewish, why don't you crucify him on the Star of David?

Yeah that'll have a lot of impact. Tie him to the star of David and watch the damn thing roll away"
:russ:

Last edited:

Toe Jay Simpson

Searchin’
Daps
Reppin
Carmel City
I wanted to hear more about Vince taking over the Georgia territory and what he did to put them out of business, what he did with their top guys, video tapes, etc. etc.
I've always been intrigued by how old school wrestling territories were managed in the 80s.

Here's the footage:

So basically Vince showed up unannounced, and started shoving WWF matches down the viewers throat, straight G sh*t :dead:

he was basically standing in front of the Georgia Championship Wrestling sign promoting WWF.

40 Years later: “I can’t believe Vince McMahon is a scum bag behind the scenes!!!”

Dillah810

Flat Girther
Daps
Reppin
Flint, Michigan
Watching the sandman episode, seeing them talk about the crucifixion controversy, reminds me of Raven telling the story on Forever Hardcore.

"People were complaining and saying that "you and Paul are Jewish, who don't you crucify him on the Star of David?

Yeah that'll have a lot of impact. Tie him to the star of David and watch the damn thing roll away"
:russ:
I found it, from 1:08:00 to 1:10:00

Grifter

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Watching

Here's the footage:

Imagine if in '01 he just came out "I'M BACK!!!" :mjlit:

Daps
Reppin
NYC

Anyone ever seen this clip?

Apparently this guy was suing the WWF because Pat Paterson made a move on him, he went to Vince to blow the whole thing up and Vince fired him quickly after.

Paterson used to do this thing where he would tell wrestlers to go in a room and lie down and he would walk in and "service" them in the dark, where no one had to know of what went down :huhldup:

Dude was a wild creep.

DANJ!

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore

Anyone ever seen this clip?

Apparently this guy was suing the WWF because Pat Paterson made a move on him, he went to Vince to blow the whole thing up and Vince fired him quickly after.

Paterson used to do this thing where he would tell wrestlers to go in a room and lie down and he would walk in and "service" them in the dark, where no one had to know of what went down :huhldup:

Dude was a wild creep.

Yep, unfortunately this was one of those "two things can be true" situations, cause Murray Hodgson was later found to be a pathological liar who did this type of thing every time he got fired from somewhere. But at the same time, Patterson was a creep as well so it's hard to tell who was lying or being truthful here. Feel like it was somehow both of 'em doing both things.

Daps
Reppin
Mile High
Sidenote, after watching the iron claw, I watched the confidential episode. I ended up watching all of the confidential episodes beginning to end, and I wish they did more confidential episodes for more episodes.

I've also been rewatching the series in general. I've seen most of the first 3 seasons a few times, the last two I haven't seen multiple times yet, even so...

This is a really, really great show. I still don't understand why so many people dislike or want to change it.