Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Yeah...this is why a show like that will be lackluster because of all the spinning that will go on, I'll still watch don't get me wrong, but honing in on the reasons why WCW failed will just be deflected by all the people you mentioned. I used to listen to the 83 Weeks podcast and had to bail out because of Bischoff's constant spinning and kissing Hogan's ass. It's impossible to get a direct answer out of any of those guys.

Also, why is the rock involved in anything to do with WCW?
My conspiracy theory is that Vince is behind these wrestling related ventures Rock is producing because like the series about the territories, damn near all of them end with Vince buying them out. Vince can revel in a time when he was great since he can’t even really enjoy the Trips era of WWE

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah...this is why a show like that will be lackluster because of all the spinning that will go on, I'll still watch don't get me wrong, but honing in on the reasons why WCW failed will just be deflected by all the people you mentioned. I used to listen to the 83 Weeks podcast and had to bail out because of Bischoff's constant spinning and kissing Hogan's ass. It's impossible to get a direct answer out of any of those guys.

Also, why is the rock involved in anything to do with WCW?
He is on the board of directors

YakSpiller

Veteran
Daps
As much as I dislike Russo. After watching the BATB episode I’d have to side with him on that situation.

Bischoff and Hogan are lame as fukk for what they did. I’m surprised Bischoff could find the time to get off his knees and do a interview the way he glazing Hogan’s dikk and kissing his ass :dead:

Bugzbunny129

All Star
Daps
Just saw they did an earthquake one. Checkin now. Always loved quake. You can tell he was a nice guy. Sad how he died. And i think bret was right. I dont see many guys beating him in anything. He sonned the shyt outta that sumo.

His son would post about him often. Seemed like a good family man whope its good

Just finished. I mean listen i know these guys arebt really friends and all that. But hearing vince didnt even send flowers to hsi funeral snd no wrestlers shoes up is heartbreaking. I understand most the guys of his era prolly couldnt even afford to go maybe but just sad.

Knowing he had to work in a big and tall store and died cause he drove a truck and needed to stay driving so didnt goto doctor. If he was in wwe they woulda found it. Very sad story for a good guy in this business. He also looks like my father in the face like almost dead on so its like extra sad to me.

The story i thibk stevie ray said of how he was gonna kill arn anderson because they suprised him with that piper shyt and made it seem like he was anobody bum.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NYC
As much as I dislike Russo. After watching the BATB episode I’d have to side with him on that situation.

Bischoff and Hogan are lame as fukk for what they did. I’m surprised Bischoff could find the time to get off his knees and do a interview the way he glazing Hogan’s dikk and kissing his ass :dead:
One thing that is never talked about, Bischoff rode Hogan's coattails from day 1 when Hogan signed with WCW.
I heard years ago that Hogan was the one who told Bischoff to take payment in stock options, which is why Bischoff is so wealthy today.
WCW at the time had like 4-5 yearly pay-per-views, and Hogan needed to be in the main event to get his payout.
He told Bischoff and they went to 1 pay-per-view every month just so Hogan could eat.
Every decision that was made was based off Hogan's contract, smh.

Trips

Superstar
Daps
Caught up on the Sherri and Sandman episodes the other day.

Feel sorry for Sherri's boy, that man is has been through some shyt. I have such limited memory of Rockin Robin but my god does that woman look bland as shyt in her footage. Like I just assumed she was a more interesting wrestler. That was wrong. I've always heard the story of Sherri getting smacked in the face and telling the dude that all you got. So enjoyed seeing it here. I have no doubt Sherri was a hell of a good time in the bars.

The Sandman episode was better than I expected. Though I did feel it kind of ran out of gas at the end. I was shocked to find out he was a male stripper/prostitute. Too bad they couldn't get Scorpio in on this episode. I feel like there was probably some stories just between the two of them that would have been nice to hear. I didn't remember them having all the ECW belts together at one time.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
The Black Saturday episode was alright they didn't bring a lot of new info to the table. honestly a episode on jim Barnett may have been more interesting with dude being gay, starting Australia, working in the territories, and starting national takeover with Vince.

I also caught sherri's as well. Hers was pretty interesting going through her family life, her early career, and her rise and fall was pretty interesting.