Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

raw613

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
602 via 410
What a wasted episode.
Ya it's hardly even wrestling anymore, there is intensity and blood that makes sense to tell the story of a realistic street fight and there is trying to see how much gore you can get off , if someone does that in real life they are trying to murder you that ain't a fight anymore lol, plus he is a lowlife with no accountability outside of the ring ,I'm not a judgmental person I forgive a lot if someone acknowledges their mistakes and attempts growth, but it's always how someone drove him to do some shyt, it's never ok looking back I shouldn't have done that lol

The Rainmaker

Mr. Money in the Bank
Daps
It's always hilarious to see the reaction of people not familiar with Nick Gage.

Tournament of Death 8 was the last deathmatch event I saw. Seeing the guy almost die was too much for me. What they didn't mention is that Gage was back THE NEXT WEEK on CZW's next event. If you thought Jericho coming back from Blood and Guts the week after was exaggerated...

I like GCW. At least they don't focus on deathmatches and offer more variety. Helps that they aren't owned by a mental case like John Zandig.

If Gage is dumb, Arquette is dumber. He didn't need to prove shyt.

Justice Pain was the one deathmatch wrestler everyone thought had got his life straight, and he ended jumping off a bridge :francis:

Wonder if Gage is gonna show in AEW after this. Rumor was he was going to debut in Cody's tv title open challenge, but he got injured. That's why you see him here with a cast.

And finally, this. This "before" picture. Both are 40 years old today and they look like shyt. Hell, Sondra looks way more awful. Don't do drugs.

SkWKRN7.png

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
This muthafukker Gage is legit insane. Death Matches ain’t for me and I’m not the least bit squeamish. I think all those liveleak videos of narcos chopping folks up, and terrorists beheadings over the years made me too old for this shyt. Him and his girl look terrible, like they’re in their 50’s

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
@Bonefan32 Dark Side of Football isn't nearly as entertaining as Dark Side of the Ring. It's a cool watch, but it's not nearly the same sort of magnitude. At least not yet with the Chad Johnson episode.
That episode was weak as hell to me considering what the series is supposed to be. I like Chad but this shouldn't even have been an episode at all. They should've lead with something like the Kyle Turley story.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
That episode was weak as hell to me considering what the series is supposed to be. I like Chad but this shouldn't even have been an episode at all. They should've lead with something like the Kyle Turley story.

Yeah, I agree. I guess they used Ocho as the first episode due to his name recognition. I don't see this series lasting. It's not really on par with the 30 for 30 or E60s that ESPN does.

Big Jo

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I actually dont hate Deathmatch wrestling, I went to a CZW show in Jersey 4 years ago and it was entertaining as hell

but Gage is out there literally just trying to hurt people and himself, its stupid

not the best episode. one of the worst in fact.