1850746515-3617d1182440635-wrestler-falls-his-death-owenhartdistance.jpg

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
What was the Harley Race convo?

Apparently Owen told Harley he didn't want to do it.

Another thing that could be got into was the Over The Edge PPV name, and that Undertaker promo that was extremely dark, I'm not saying it was foul play, but it was extremely eerie, I'm sure it says some shyt about tonight everything you love will be destroyed and shyt along those lines. I think in Martha's book she mentioned how weird and dark that shyt was considering what happened. I know it was Undertaker's character, but in hindsight mixed with the PPV name it feels very eerie.

The Ruler 09

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
"Tonight darkness will cease the land and destroy everything you hold dear"

"I am the weaver of nightmares, the Hart of darkness"

"An all encompassing darkness, of which there is no mercy, no hope, no escape"

"I am now, and ever will be, the purity of evil"

“Everything man is determined to destroy can be found within his own Hart”

“Tonight I will strip you of that you hold dear, then I will devour your soul”

Last edited:

jackswstd

Retired
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chicago
They say that the clip was used on sailboats, but my ex's brother sails and they would never use a clip that flimsy for anything.

This is so hard to watch. By far the most senseless tragedy detailed in this series.
I wish Owen would've just told Vince to go fukk himself but he wasn't that kind of guy. I remember reading somewhere that he felt he couldn't refuse because he had already turned down the angle with Debra.

TrueEpic08

Dum Shiny
Daps
Reppin
SoCal State Beaches
So, it was Elizabeth Neidhart (Nattie's mother) who stole the documents from Martha and gave it to the WWE lawyers. Not a surprise :francis:

Ellie was a huge piece of shyt during the entire duration of that lawsuit. Bret goes through it at length in his book.

All the police evidence is making my stomach turn legit. What godawful human beings Vince and co. are for how they handled this.

Daps
fukk all these guys for going on with the show
Remember when they had the show go on when brian pillman died at bad blood '97 than interview his pregnant wife the very next night? Why didn't they cancel that show? Idk why ppl are so shocked that they kept the show going after owen's fall. Not saying that it's right.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Remember when they had the show go on when brian pillman died at bad blood '97 than interview his pregnant wife the very next night? Why didn't they cancel that show? Idk why ppl are so shocked that they kept the show going after owen's fall. Not saying that it's right.

To be fair with that one, Pillman didn't die at the show like Owen did. But I agree, they should've cancelled the show. They probably couldn't though due to contracts and logistics. They sort of learned their lesson and did the tribute shows later, but then Benoit sort of ruined that.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
The credits just started rolling and uh...I’m kinda speechless. This episode was just extremely sad to watch. Owen seemed like a good man, he had a lovely family who all seem very bright and intelligent and way too good for this carny business. fukk...it’s horrible really. With the Benoit episodes there was atleast some sense of finality and I guess...unavoidability, like that tragedy was bound to unfold in some way, and atleast it ended on a positive note, with David Benoit and Nancy’s sister making amends and trying to forge onward in the wake of what happened.

But Owen’s fall was just so avoidable in a million different ways and didn’t have to happen at all that it’s both sad and infuriating and just depressing man. I think that’s one of the biggest takeaways I have from this episode, is how depressing it is to see a man’s life end and a family get broken over something that was a million and one percent avoidable but because of a bunch of bullshyt he had to deal with he died as a result.

If there’s anything else I can takeaway from this episode is that Martha Hart is an amazing woman, her dedication and perseverance to righting the wrong of Owen‘s death and running the foundation in his honor is beyond admirable and I have so much respect for her carrying on through that tragedy and creating something as great as she has.
I’m gonna revisit this episode tomorrow and come back with more thoughts.