Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
Martha & the kids have every right to never want Owen a part of the WWE again, but my issue is with the people who were there back then now acting all self righteous. Ross & Cornette can act all disgusted if they want to, but they stuck around and kept taking the paychecks.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, Texas but living in Houston, Texas
:mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry::mjcry:

I used to be one of those types who wanted Owen Hart in the HOF, especially after Mark Henry's HOF speech but after watching this last episode and learning that the WWE sued Martha, I'm good at him not being in the HOF. He's too good to be in there. It's great that his family is using his death to help out people in the world with his charity.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bret was on Martha's side for the initial lawsuit. They had some sort of falling out, that's been left vague on both sides. Martha says Bret's only intentions were getting the tape library for the Harts, and Bret says there are other reasons for the falling out. I'm fairly certain the only reason Bret mended fences with the WWE was for fan service with the hall of fame, DVD commentary and to honor his family's legacy in the business. The WWE has all of the footage. If he didn't fix the relationship, their stories would be lost due to the egomaniacs running the show.
Yeah I think that is the main reason for Bret. If you notice he rarely if ever shows up for anything WWE related unlike other HOF guys. Even when he does show up he doesn't really seem comfortable being there. That's one of the sad things about Vince owning the tape libraries of almost every American promotion.

NYChase718

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I think that is the main reason for Bret. If you notice he rarely if ever shows up for anything WWE related unlike other HOF guys. Even when he does show up he doesn't really seem comfortable being there. That's one of the sad things about Vince owning the tape libraries of almost every American promotion.

When he does show up he gets attacked at hall of fame speeches :sas2:

Kid Kash

Time for the Moneymaker
Daps
Goddamn...still remember reading that Owen died due to "an accident" during a PPV. I was 16 at the time...

As much as I love the entertainment that has been given to me by WWF/WWE, Vince is just a crook (oh, and f*ck that bucky beaver-tooth @$$hole too). They did Martha dirty, and we already knew that the Hart family was disfunctional at best (still remember that book made by Dave Boy Smith's wife, was that Dana Hart?).

I'm just done with this product, I can't support them anymore. The blood money, the hypocrisy, the management of talent, the refusal regarding unions, the "independent talent" BS.

I'll give AEW the benefit of the doubt, but if they start screwing everybody over as well, I'm completely done with wrestling.

Thanks "Dark Side of the Ring" for producing these documentaries and giving us an insight in "the circus" that is wrestling.

richaveli83

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
I think I'm done with the WWE indefinitely for now. After the Saudi bullshyt, blatant Trump support, poor working conditions for its wrestlers (e.g., Roman & Sami walking out on the corona bullshyt) and clarity on the Owen situation, I can't watch this bullshyt in good faith anymore.
I definitely feel you breh. It's one of the reasons I hate the fact that Vince owns so much of North American wrestlings tape libraries. If I want to watch some classic NWA/WCW stuff I have to put money in his pocket. Yeah I can find some stuff on dailymotion and possibly some streams but it's very inconvenient and also the quality might not be so good. Time and time again has shown how big a POS Vince is and he and his family being all buddy buddy with Trump makes me sick. Watching this episode tonight made me very sad and also very angry. Owen's death was so avoidable and even if the death still happened, to sue the grieving widow of an employee that died performing a stunt to mock your competition is extremely low. :scust:

Rell84shots

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Dallas, TX
I been watching Raw and Smackdown out of habit and because I don't really watch anything else on those days but I don't know how much longer I can keep up. I may have to join you and stick with AEW.
This is what gets me, because the Kahn family are Trump supporters and AEW has people on their staff that's done foul shyt. Pro Wrestling is a dirty business just like Hollywood, yet people still watch movies and tv shows. I don't think people realize that if the WWE were to go away then that's pretty much it for pro wrestling in America. This belief that if the WWE went away it would lead to a resurgence of the indies is not true. What we don't want to admit is that we knew all this shyt and still watched because we want to be entertained.