Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

VegetasHairline

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
CACS
I think I'm done with the WWE indefinitely for now. After the Saudi bullshyt, blatant Trump support, poor working conditions for its wrestlers (e.g., Roman & Sami walking out on the corona bullshyt) and clarity on the Owen situation, I can't watch this bullshyt in good faith anymore.
I been watching Raw and Smackdown out of habit and because I don't really watch anything else on those days but I don't know how much longer I can keep up. I may have to join you and stick with AEW.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Good episode but knowing the story quite in depth I know they could have gone a lot more into this. There was a lot more information.

The Harley Race convo.

Owen asking for his release after Montreal Screwjob.

Making him The Blue Blazer character and why.

Bret’s meeting with Vince.

The story about how the stunt came to be.

And a lot more...

Obviously it would have been of interest to to hear from the likes of Bret, Foley, Russo, Lawler and many others.

Good episode but was a lot more mileage on it. WWE don’t come across well but with the full story they would come off even worse.

Bret was on Martha's side for the initial lawsuit. They had some sort of falling out, that's been left vague on both sides. Martha says Bret's only intentions were getting the tape library for the Harts, and Bret says there are other reasons for the falling out. I'm fairly certain the only reason Bret mended fences with the WWE was for fan service with the hall of fame, DVD commentary and to honor his family's legacy in the business. The WWE has all of the footage. If he didn't fix the relationship, their stories would be lost due to the egomaniacs running the show.

tremonthustler1

aka bx_representer
Daps
Reppin
My Pops Forever RIP
Also, they basically admit that they were copying Sting in terms of the whole coming down from the rafters gimmick, but was Sting even still doing that at that point?

EDIT: He wasn't. Another case where Vince was super late to the party when it came to a popular gimmick or pop culture reference.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
I think I'm done with the WWE indefinitely for now. After the Saudi bullshyt, blatant Trump support, poor working conditions for its wrestlers (e.g., Roman & Sami walking out on the corona bullshyt) and clarity on the Owen situation, I can't watch this bullshyt in good faith anymore.

You’re doing a good thing man.... I feel you

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Understandable. Gonna miss your threads and discussion, breh. :handshake:

1-bret-hart-aew-world-championship-title-belt-double-or-nothing-2019.jpg

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
Also, they basically admit that they were copying Sting in terms of the whole coming down from the rafters gimmick, but was Sting even still doing that at that point?

EDIT: He wasn't. Another case where Vince was super late to the party when it came to a popular gimmick or pop culture reference.

I clearly remember Sting saying he was never coming down from the rafters again after Owen's death too.