Official "Dark Side Of The Ring" Discussion Thread

Change

All Star
Daps
Man I was Road Warriors die hard in my youth. From like 84 to 89 I was blown away by them. I didn't know Hawk was wild like that. I love this show. I got a picture somewhere from like 84-85 with these two guys from school Jabar and Hakeem dressed up like them for Halloween. We were fans early. :bow:

I got to see them twice live.

first was April 18, 1986
NWA Tag Team Champions Bobby Eaton & Dennis Condrey defeated the Road Warriors via reverse decision; the challengers originally won the match and titles at 10:35 when Road Warrior Hawk pinned Eaton after hitting him with Jim Cornette's tennis racquet but Earl Hebner, the original referee, changed the call since Road Warrior Animal shoved him to the floor moments before the pinfall and he saw Hawk use the weapon to get the fall; after the match, the Road Warriors cleared the champions and Cornette from the ring (Wrestling Rarities: The Midnight Express)
NWA World Champion Ric Flair, NWA TV Champion Arn Anderson, & NWA National Heavyweight Champion Tully Blanchard defeated Dusty Rhodes, Ron Garvin, & Wahoo Mcdaniel

2nd time was October 28, 1989
The Road Warriors (w/ Paul Ellering) defeated Sid Vicious & Dan Spivey (w/ Teddy Long) via disqualification at 11:37 when Long hit Ellering with Norman's giant key, then threw it to Spivey who used it as a weapon; moments later, as Vicious & Spivey double teamed Road Warrior Animal, Road Warrior Hawk hit Spivey with the clothesline off the top and cleared the ring with the key

Breh the HitMang

Thank You Kobe
Daps
tumblr_owlfbyPXTr1wo0mn6o2_1280.gifv

The Amerikkkan Idol

The Amerikkkan Nightmare
Daps
Scott Norton :blessed:

When he would appear on Nitro :whoa:I remember being worried about his opponents lol

The episode was kinda weak though because I've heard almost all of it before

I can't wait until next week's episode,I've never been a Owen fan but I know it's gonna be sad

Whenever I see Scott Norton, I think of the NWO B-Team Jobber theme:russ:

DoubleJ13

Smooth sailing from here on out...
Daps
Reppin
Thunder/TSC
The Road Warriors doc WWE did was better than this episode but then again I guess it was going to be by default since one was a doc still celebrating their history & this was more focused on the downfall of Hawk.

YakSpiller

Veteran
Daps
I totally forgot I got LOD’s autograph back in the day. They did a autograph signing here in the Bay. I think it was when Royal Rumble came here in ‘98.

I had them sign like 3 flyers. Looking back, they were probably super annoyed by that. I had to get something for the homies though:russ: I had to be 9 or 10.

They were wearing the face paint but not the shoulder pads.

OGmittee

Smugest Poster Alive
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Road Warriors one wasnt that great TBH. Nothing in there I didnt expect

Owen Hart up next, hopefully its not more of the same....Owen felt uncomfortable repelling down and Vince made him do it anyway yadda yadda.

Dont really know how much is left to a story thats been talked about so much over the past few decades though :yeshrug: