Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Sounds like he got emotional that his pick for Fed didn't hold up. No ones running on American banks anytime soon, despite what the conspiracy nuts would have you believe.
yeah yeah yeah we're just nut cases and anti-semetic and emotional and hate women...

why don't yall just let the economy crash and start afresh. you keep coming up with more lies to cover up lies.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Honestly, the DGC I bought lost 33% of its value. I bought at 25.8 uBTC then waited for the CryptoAve launch and it actually did well by then but it also quickly decreased after that and is doing so since then, it's at 17.7 uBTC right now. I sold it to make a small profit on another coin in order to buy some DGC at this low price (will be good if it can it 15) and hold on to them.

Nice with that AUR stuff. What kills me new coins is that their not on the most known exchanges and I had to register with a quickness on Mintpal to get some. First price was 60 mBTC, then it decreased at 40 (when I bought), rose a little again (46) then is sitting now at 32. I always tell myself to sell with a profit of 10% (would have been 44) but greed made me think it could have hit higher than 46 and I just waited. I need to stick to my plans man. :sadcam:

I'm trading BTC right now and I figured the movements so I'm not caught slipping anymore and I can successfully trade and make (small) profits. Had to watch vids about trading and stuff to understand how markets work before understanding though. Cost me around 0.15 BTC to learn the hard way, but I'm on the right path right now to recoup the losses :manny:
Aurora is down to $15 per right now, I just bought 3 more and put them on order for a quick 20% flip. I expect them to sell by Monday, if not I am still up pretty big and have spread out to about 6 different cryptos as a result of my profit.

One thing that worries me is that the buy orders are much lower than the sell orders on cryptorush right now. Was different the past 2 days

Last edited:

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
You could just skip the unnecessary risk and volatility and invest in the real market where you can actually gauge your risk and probabilities of return versus gambling on new technology:manny:
I know it's gambling, risks are high and rewards could also be but losses are very frequent. But don't worry. I had a limited amount of money in that and I won't add any more. I'm working on recouping my losses at the moment as I figured out a lot of things which I didn't know about markets and I'm less dumb when it comes to trading.

Last edited:
  • Dap
Reactions: Ill

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I know it's gambling, risks are high and rewards could also be but losses are very frequent. But don't worry. I had a limited amount of money in that and I won't add any more. I'm working on recouping my losses at the moment as I figured out a lot of things which I didn't know about markets and I'm less dumber when it comes to trading.
Did you buy auroracoin? If it dips around $15 again I am grabbing 6 this time.

Already flipped those 3 real quick

Liu Kang

KING KILLAYAN MBRRRAPPÉ
Supporter
Daps
Too high to buy at that price man...timing is important

I would sell if it touches $25 and wait for another dip
I know :snoop:
It was in the rush, AUR was rising and I didn't realize it was THAT high until I converted that :beli:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Bitcoin will get mentioned someplace with lots of readers, a bunch of those readers will like the idea and try to buy Bitcoins, their price will rise which will draw even more people to "invest", which will drive the price up even more... until people decide that the price isn't going to rise any more and everybody rushes to sell before the price drops. I predict there will be between one and five Bitcoin bubbles (price will double or more and then crash back down below the starting price) in the next four years .

Gavin Andresen - July 9th 2010

It is a bubble, but it's a bubble in a new type of asset class that we don't understand yet... people are proposing it can be used for many different things.

Those use-cases haven't matured, but since I've been here a lot of it has become a lot easier to do. The time to really worry is after a bubble where new things don't get proposed/implemented.

The majority of the value that is priced in to bitcoin is speculation on its future uses. It may be incorrect to think bitcoin would be a good remittance tool. We may be incorrect to think that bitcoin could be useful for an open real-time gross settlement system. We may be incorrect to think that bitcoin can be used as a low-cost contract enforcement platform. We may be incorrect that bitcoin could be used as a globally tracked asset ledger. We may be wrong that autonomous agents would be useful. Or we could be right about one of those things... and that's all it takes to justify the value.

Had to share this reddit comment

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Interesting explanation I read on doge? Thoughts?

What's the exchange rate of doge currently?
I don't really expect to convince you of anything, but I thought I'd at least challenge your view on dogecoin and crypto in general.

The vast majority of people who exchange to dogecoin use dogecoin. Yes, there are some people who invest in it in order to make money, but that isn't any different from any other currency. You could invest in euros by buying up thousands of them and then waiting for the exchange rate to go in your favor.

Also dogecoin is built in with a protocol that adds coins every year, thus acting as inflationary pressure, the same with most fiat currency. So the number of doge is non-finite, which means that in the future, the power of 1 doge will decrease, just as the power of 1 USD has decreased over the last century. This creates the incentive to actually spend and use the currency.

This is compared to Bitcoin and Litecoin, both of which have a coin cap. Only a finite number of coins will ever be mined from BTC and LTC. This makes them much more like stocks.

This is what distinguishes currency from commodity. While a currency can be a commodity, the reverse is rarely true. (At least in society as it is right now.) Dogecoin is striving to be a currency. Within the community, while exchange rate is important, it's ultimately arbitray, because 1 doge = 1 doge. It's a currency meant to be used as a placeholder of value for the exchange of goods and services. This is the same as every other currency in existence, the only difference is that dogecoin isn't tied to any nation's economic outlook or GDP or what have you.

But let's just leave that by the wayside for now, because all cryptocurrencies offer the same service: They're anonymous and highly untraceable.

The only indentifier of a transaction is a randomly generated transaction ID and two randomly generated addresses. There's no way to track which computers host those wallets ore any information of the people who are involved in the transaction.

This is what cryptocurrency's primary role is: To serve as a secure, anonymous transaction system. So even if there are people pumping and dumping cryptocurrency, for the majority of users of the coin, it's arbitrary what the exchange rate is. It's just another currency that's being used to exchange for goods and services. In fact, because of the instability that pumping and dumping cause in the exchange market, investing in doge as a commodity is generally discouraged. Exchanging to the coin to use the coin is what people most talk about.

My $0.02.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
I know :snoop:
It was in the rush, AUR was rising and I didn't realize it was THAT high until I converted that :beli:
I hope you cashed out...hit like $30 an hour ago and now at about $28

I might cop a couple at $22 because it might hit big once that airdrop happens.

Btw an update with DGC, I traded out 25% of what I have. I'm losing a bit of confidence in it, I fully expected it to reach $1 per unit by the summer, but I am not so sure anymore.