Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Not meant for invest? I put $2,000 in already have my 2,000 out. I now have 400+ coins.
If you "Lordtaskforce would have invested when I started this two days ago" that investment would have you at 13% profit where you could have cashed out with 13% more money.

Please show me another investment that made you 13% in 48 hours I will be waiting.

If you plan on long term investing in bitcoin do no more then you can afford to lose. Short term investing is the gravey train.
I'm drinking no Koolaid. I just know now that I put $2,000 and now have $90,000 worth of coins in a cold storage.

I'm sure you could use $99,000. If bitcoin crashed I've lost nothing. If bitcoin hit $300 I will probably sell a 1/4 add that to stash then ride the wave as I'm not worried about the gamble as I'm more focused on my online businesses.

Yes this the best possible route to take when the cost is as high as it is right now. It has climbed almost 20 dollars since I was looking at it last night. I should have quickly put a few stacks in and take them out today, then have the profit work for me. If I lose it :manny:

But the thing about being able to trade bitcoins without some kind of big brother shaving off the top is kind of false. The major bitcoin "banks" usually take a percentage from your transactions. ANd you want to deal with major distributors and bitcoin "banks" for security reasons.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Fair enough. So what happens if the feds block access to any and all BTC sites?

You still have other governments that will support it. Use a VPN to get to it. Though I seriously doubt they would do that. I think if they did it would drive up the price like crazy as all the other anti (us) countries would eat that shyt up.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Yes this the best possible route to take when the cost is as high as it is right now. It has climbed almost 20 dollars since I was looking at it last night. I should have quickly put a few stacks in and take them out today, then have the profit work for me. If I lose it :manny:

But the thing about being able to trade bitcoins without some kind of big brother shaving off the top is kind of false. The major bitcoin "banks" usually take a percentage from your transactions. ANd you want to deal with major distributors and bitcoin "banks" for security reasons.

Or find a well established local trader.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
And the demand for Bitcoin I would think would be the amount of businesses that accept it. Irish is speaking the truth when he says more businesses are accepting it. Just put your eggs in the basket and watch it. And I do mean watch it, every hour just check the rates just to make sure nothing crazy's happening.

PewPew

I came from nothing
Daps
Reppin
Earth
I thought long & hard about stepping in here, and finally decided to say my 2 cents.

Every single thing Irish has told me to jump on has made money. Literally. I didn't jump on every opportunity but they were all winners.

I know Irish a little better than most, we speak almost everyday, and if he says jump in then you need to jump on that shyt like mj from the free throw line.

Matter fact, Irish and his people paid my small business 10k for marketing. Still got the pics to prove it. Not to mention the countless other work he's hired me for, the joint ventures we are currently working on, and more.

I can't vouch for everyone here but if Irish said it'll make money, believe it. Y'all can keep shooting the messagenger but that'll be your loss.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
If it gets around $240 I wouldn't get in. I would wait to see if it crashes again and by cheap. Right now Chinese and the news of Baidui is driving this market. Once it hits that area I would watch it for a couple days. Its either going to keep climbing and drop around 300 or drop when its around 250. When it drops it will then level out and thats when you buy again. I have a feeling if it drops it will be 140 to 160 this time.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Man it's down to 190 now...very volatile indeed. :eek:

I dunno. I'm still going to throw in a few gs and see how it plays out but it is kinda scary I must say :whoa:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Down to 179 within minutes!!! :eek:

This is definitely going to have to be something you watch like a hawk!! :whoo:

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
From the time I posted to now the price is up to 200 again. I can see you can make money from this. Little gains here and there.

But my question is, how fast can you exchange from bitcoin to dollars and vice versa? I notice there are "open orders" does that mean it's not instant? I mean, if I were to see the price was 180, I wanted to buy in, how fast would the bitcoins be deposited in my Mt.Gox wallet? What about if I saw the price rise to 200 a few hours later and wanted to sell it all and exchange the bitcoins to dollars?

@irishfury

Black smoke and cac jokes

Your daps are mine
Daps
Also you forget bitcoin is not like money. Where you can just print more of it. Bitcoin is a finite supply. Only 12 Million bitcoins exist. Bitcoins can be broken down to the 8th decimal. So over half the bitcoins out have already been mined. If you don't think the best hackers on the planet haven't tried in three years with 2 billion dollar market sadly mistaken.

That's what makes it volatile. You seem to understand markets so you should clearly know that a finite supply, especially not pegged, could be disastrous if supply is not meant by sufficient demand. This is and will definitely be a currency solely dependent on the market's demand for it which is dangerous because it isn't attached to any tangible asset/entity that could be adjusted to stabilize any fluctuations. Like the winners of the nobel prize in economy figured out, even the "real world" markets are extremely dependent on behavior where stocks' performance are based on the public's optimism/pessimism and predictions.

Anyways, I do have some bitcoins but I'm seeing that its' growing popularity is making it more volatile and sensitive to consumer's perception which will definitely be an interesting thing to watch. Also, bitcoin is dependent on usage so cab drivers, online shops etc have to continue to accept bitcoins or else it would hold no real value.

So you don't like money? Please explain to me how it was a bad investment...
Just because you don't understand something doesn't mean its stupid to buy. Especially something that has proved quite strong over the last 3 years and really grown in the last 12 months. If you think getting a high ROI on your money is stupid its no wonder you probably have failed at life.

:patrice: ROI doesn't apply to bitcoin, it's a term used to describe a company's performance in relation to investors' participation.

Its actually driven by like the stock market. Volume available/unavailable. Also its now has a commodity market place. Penny stocks could be profitable many penny stocks you can flip 300% profit. Penny stocks way more volatile then Bitcoin. Bitcoin in the last year has not gone below the point it was exactly a year ago. If you have any idea what your doing you will not lose money unless it goes belly up (way to much adoptions and commodities available).

It's actually not like the stock market since stocks are driven by physical performance and the consumption of a, in comparison to the bitcoin market, humongous participating population. Also, bitcoin is a great investment now because of there still being a supply but what happens when this finite supply stops and the market for it is only dependent on its usage? It will definitely be overvalued and the drop will be significant. Hopefully they'll understand the value of not releasing any information on the finite supply. You cannot hold an investment and be profitable if the endowment isn't performing.

Prodigital

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
200 a share is a little high to gample with brehs, specially a volatile stock. If someone name drops even a single company thats planning on using bitcoin in the future i'd consider this seriously..

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Your truly the most dense person I have ever had the pleasure of talking with. First your uneducated about the US dollar. Second I have proven you wrong every point you have brought up.
No, you haven't.

That you can get a taxi cab.
Not everywhere. 99% of the time, you can't.

You can buy almost anything with bitcoins.
No, you can't.

Lastly your telling me it was a bad investment when I started this thread when anyone who would have invested when I started this thread you would have made a 12.5% profit on your investment in 48 hours.
12.5% in less than 48 hours? That is so volatile. It's garbage.

So clearly if you spent the time you did arguing with me with something you clearly have no idea or education in you could have made thousands of dollars and cashed out 12% richer. From my educated guess you probably don't have enough money to invest anyways.
The only thing that you have proven is that you are full of it. You haven't made any rebuttals (and this is going to be my third time saying this) in that
1. bitcoin cannot be used to pay income taxes to the federal, state or city governments
2. bitcoin cannot be used to pay for bills to American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
3. bitcoin cannot be used to buy a car at a any dealership.
4. bitcoin is not accepted at US banks and credit unions.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
No, you haven't.

Not everywhere. 99% of the time, you can't.

No, you can't.

12.5% in less than 48 hours? That is so volatile. It's garbage.

The only thing that you have proven is that you are full of it. You haven't made any rebuttals (and this is going to be my third time saying this) in that
1. bitcoin cannot be used to pay income taxes to the federal, state or city governments
2. bitcoin cannot be used to pay for bills to American Express, Visa and Mastercard.
3. bitcoin cannot be used to buy a car at a any dealership.
4. bitcoin is not accepted at US banks and credit unions.

Your the dumbest person I have ever talked to in my life. Really. Not joking about this. The most dense retard I have ever ever ever talked to. Congrats. Welcome being poor and bitter the rest of your life.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
200 a share is a little high to gample with brehs, specially a volatile stock. If someone name drops even a single company thats planning on using bitcoin in the future i'd consider this seriously..

Ill drop some later. But a cool one is 40,000 merchant that use big commerce will be able to take bitcoin in future which is cool.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Your the dumbest person I have ever talked to in my life. Really. Not joking about this. The most dense retard I have ever ever ever talked to. Congrats. Welcome being poor and bitter the rest of your life.
Uh, who said I'm poor and bitter.
It's you who have yet to respond to any of my statements of facts. bitcoin does not hold the same value as US currency.
So, rather than attempt to lie that banks accept bitcoin, you just huff off like a big pu$$y and make insults.

You can't deny that you are trying to persuade suckers into bitcoin. Get out of the coli. Higher learning is to help brothers out. You are like an Amway salesman of bitcoin. :camby: