Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
LOL you need to learn what a ponzi scheme is. Hate when people talk out there ass. Please look at what a ponzi scheme is and then look into bitcoin.

You're an idiot.

I love people who defend indexes and gunk like bitcoin :lolbron:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
No wonder you suck at life. You can't read I said Germany considers Bitcoin legal tender. You probably overead that when you where in Econ class thinking the Dollar was backed by gold lol.

Lets look at how your wrong again.

http://www.coindesk.com/taxi-firms-seek-drive-bitcoin-adoption/

http://www.coindesk.com/taxi-firms-seek-drive-bitcoin-adoption/

Well Ill be damned I can use Bitcoin to pay for my taxi if I want. Google and Reading do you do it?

Uh yeah. Try that in any American city. NYC is only one city.
And, like I said, it's not accepted by any state, county, city, municipality or the federal government in order to pay taxed owed. Why? Because it's not real.
American banks won't exchange bitcoins for dollars. Why? Because it's not real.
American Express doesn't accept bitcoins to pay for bills. Why? Because it's not real.

This is what bitcoin is like:
You take stacks of paper money from the Monopoly board game and sell it for cash. You tell everyone to barter it for services and products. Then, the people who bought the play money exchange it with each other for services and products. When the people who sold the play money want to cash out, they walk away with real money. The people who have the play money in their hands lost out. It's that simple.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Uh yeah. Try that in any American city. NYC is only one city.
And, like I said, it's not accepted by any state, county, city, municipality or the federal government in order to pay taxed owed. Why? Because it's not real.

This is what bitcoin is like:
You take stacks of paper money from the Monopoly board game and sell it for cash. You tell everyone to barter it for services and products. Then, the people who bought the play money exchange it with each other for services and products. When the people who sold the play money want to cash out, they walk away with real money. The people who have the play money in their hands lost out. It's that simple.

Can you read? Did you not see you can use it to catch a cab in the USA? How about you read about FinCen.

Comon man just admit your not educated. Your fighting a losing battle I know it must be hard to have thinking every dollar you have spent all your life was backed by gold in fort knox and finding out that was a lie.

Poitier

My Words Law
Supporter
Daps
Libertarians need to be eradicated from the Earth surface.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Can you read? Did you not see you can use it to catch a cab in the USA? How about you read about FinCen.

Comon man just admit your not educated. Your fighting a losing battle I know it must be hard to have thinking every dollar you have spent all your life was backed by gold in fort knox and finding out that was a lie.
So, you've never been in the US. Most cabs do not accept credit cards. There's an expectation to make payment in cash. They are not rich. They aren't going to have a tablet or whatever to run a bitcoin transaction. That video is probably a "staged event" to make it look like bitcoin can be used. Then, when an ignorant person tries to pay with bitcoin, they are going to be arrested for theft of services.

You still can't accept the fact that bitcoin does not have the clout of the American dollar. No American bank or credit union is going to exchange bitcoin for cash. No car dealership is going to accept bitcoin as payment for a car. Sears, JCPenney, Macy's, Wal-Mart, Target, Starbucks, etc. do not accept bitcoin.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Yo @irishfury I believe you breh. Help me get to the promised land :to: I don't have the slightest idea of how to get started on something like this.

You got some info on dropshipping too? :lupe:

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA

http://www.mta.info/fares/
Hmm, NYC subways and buses don't accept bitcoin. Aint' that a bytch? Oh yeah, bitcoin isn't real money.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
Yo @irishfury I believe you breh. Help me get to the promised land :to: I don't have the slightest idea of how to get started on something like this.

You got some info on dropshipping too? :lupe:
Maybe he has the Nigerian prince's e-mail address.

unit321

Hong Kong Phooey
Daps
Reppin
USA
From reading his posts he seems pretty legit so I'm inclined to take him at his word :manny:

Anyone can sound "legit" online. All anyone has to do is cut and paste from Google searches to make it look like they know everything about the NBA.
What you want to do is not invest in bitcoin. Do your research. You are better off investing in energy stocks.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
Stocks, and commodities have a real world value. Bitcoin?
It has value...right now...
Not saying it's the best possible risk out there, just saying if you have money to play with and want to focus enough on this to watch your shyt grow and get out, then why not? If you're looking at bitcoin as a long term investment then sure you're a fukin idiot IMHO, but as a quick pump and dump there's potential.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Not saying it's the best possible risk out there, just saying if you have money to play with and want to focus enough on this to watch your shyt grow and get out, then why not? If you're looking at bitcoin as a long term investment then sure you're a fukin idiot IMHO, but as a quick pump and dump there's potential.

What is the demand for bitcoin?

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
These dues aren't getting it.

It's one side trying to convince people that it's the next big thing and the other trying to compare it to a Nigerian prince scam which shows a lack of depth.

Both sides are only 50% right.

I literally bought some shyt off of SR a few months ago. Using the only method you can, BTC. I wasn't scammed, I didn't lose any bread, I made my purchase and received my order. That in itself means BTC is not a ponzi scheme so stop saying it, it sounds stupid.

BTC is to conduct transactions as anon as possible (well as anon as possible considering the state of privacy in the world in 2013) and purchase things that you would not normally be able to purchase with tangible currency.

I REPEAT...IF YOU TRY TO USE THIS TO COME UP ON SOME I'MA PUT $5,000 IN THIS AND WATCH IT BUBBLE, YOU ARE A FOOL.

That's not going to happen. It's not. At most, you can make bets with Bitcoin and hope that the value of BTC does'nt plummet the very next week or something. That's not a ponzi scheme, it's just an incredibly risky thing to invest in.

Yes, in major metropolitan areas (NY, LA, Seattle, Philly, etc.) BTC can be used for a variety of things. No you will not be able to by a car with BTC, don't be stupid, it's crypto-currency whose value is not based on anything but an algorithm. But don't say you can't do it when there are literally thousands of businesses accepting the shyt right now.

For a lack of better term...it's a form of legal but volatile money laundering. THAT is why the US government has an eyebrow raised because yes, theoretically a dude can cop a gun with it and via a few simple steps, can acquire it and be relatively anon. Or buy drugs as seen with the SR situations. Also, in theory, yes you COULD make lots of money off of this and have that profits be completely untracable and untaxable.

BUT THE BTC EXCHANGE IS INCREDIBLY VOLATILE. Which means this could all collapse and be worth nothing tomorrow. Or the day after that. Or next week. Who knows.

Use it to buy things. Use it to gamble. Do not use BTC as an investment instrument.