Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Luckily, no.

They took a couple weeks to verify my account with bullshyt like a driver's license and utility bill. Then when I saw the arbitrage opportunity with Gox much higher than BTC-e, I registered my bank account and weeks went by with nothing.

If something bad happens, I have no problem paying for a flight to Tokyo to smack that piece of shyt around.

:yeshrug:

:russ:

don't worry. dudes with much more reach are planning this out right now.

this frappucino drinking loser is done for

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
Can be sent all over the world for little to no fees

If anything, this right here is why I want it to succeed. fukk paypal.

I have a friend who's trying to send me $300. We use different banks. We don't wanna use WU/MG b/c of the fees and also the closest WU location to me is like 15min away and the closest MG to him is also like 15min away. He had a paypal account but it got limited due to some shyt happening on eBay, I can't remember. So now the only way to send me the money is he has to send it to another friend of ours who just so happens to have the same bank as him

无名的

Superstar
Daps
If anything, this right here is why I want it to succeed. fukk paypal.

I have a friend who's trying to send me $300. We use different banks. We don't wanna use WU/MG b/c of the fees and also the closest WU location to me is like 15min away and the closest MG to him is also like 15min away. He had a paypal account but it got limited due to some shyt happening on eBay, I can't remember. So now the only way to send me the money is he has to send it to another friend of ours who just so happens to have the same bank as him

While I agree that the low transaction fees are what makes Bitcoin attractive, I'm pretty sure you can send a USPS money order for very cheap.

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
While I agree that the low transaction fees are what makes Bitcoin attractive, I'm pretty sure you can send a USPS money order for very cheap.

I also forgot to mention, being able to send and receive money that day but I guess you can't necessarily do that with bitcoin. One of my other issues with paypal was it takes 2-3 days to transfer the money from paypal to my bank, I need to get a paypal debit card

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
I also forgot to mention, being able to send and receive money that day but I guess you can't necessarily do that with bitcoin. One of my other issues with paypal was it takes 2-3 days to transfer the money from paypal to my bank, I need to get a paypal debit card

Ever heard of mailing checks? Wire-transfer?

Some funny guys on this forum.

Every time I look at my sig, I chuckle.

Shout out to @AquaCityBoy

• Dap
Reactions: Ill

无名的

Superstar
Daps
It's comical really.

How many months did it take to turn this "profit" I wonder?

The problem is instantaneous purchases. The first time I bought, I had to float my money out there until it withdrew from my bank. Took six days. That's dangerous with Bitcoin volatility. After that, I had to wait 30 days to purchase up to $1,000 instantly from Coinbase.

As I've mentioned many times, I think Bitcoin is a good theoretical concept that isn't even close to business implementation right now... but as a speculative investment, if I could get instant money there, I could make a lot of money on the volatility all day long. Of course, another nice "in theory" concept because I don't trust the exchanges to hold my money.

I'm surprised he's only made $100.

I made $1000 after my money cleared and if it was instantaneous, it would have been about $5000.

:troll:

L&HH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
PG x MD
The problem is instantaneous purchases. The first time I bought, I had to float my money out there until it withdrew from my bank. Took six days. That's dangerous with Bitcoin volatility. After that, I had to wait 30 days to purchase up to $1,000 instantly from Coinbase.

As I've mentioned many times, I think Bitcoin is a good theoretical concept that isn't even close to business implementation right now... but as a speculative investment, if I could get instant money there, I could make a lot of money on the volatility all day long. Of course, another nice "in theory" concept because I don't trust the exchanges to hold my money.

I made $1000 after my money cleared and if it was instantaneous, it would have been about $5000.

:wow: at that 5gs though

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn

So you could have lost it all in theory in that "waiting" period? I'm guessing it was on an upswing when you put your money in or it was relatively stable at the time? I basically see at knock off forex that is driven by news at this point and that has no other grounding. You also get to deal with a host of hackers, the government banning it at any moment, and completely unscrupulous businesses and people with no accountability.