Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
I just got into crypto early this month. Read up on the big three (BTC, ETH, and LTC) and then start reading about alt coins. The big three are just your entry point and you'll need to buy some of one or more of them to get into the alt coins.

Regardless, you'll only be able to accelerate your learning by putting some money up and getting your feet wet with buying and selling.

Thanks. I did put a small amount of money into bitcoin cash and ethereum. I am waiting for it to arrive at the moment. I honestly don't understand how people use bitcoins and how alt coins are even profitable. But I guess that understanding will come with time.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
This is all so confusing. I have been reading all the different cryptocurrency threads and it all changes so fast that it makes it difficult for a newbie to keep up. I thought Ethereum was the popular one and on the rise still, but the last few pages are about dropping it for a bunch of new cryptocurrencies. It seems like a full time job to keep up.

Master The Crypto - Knowledge hub for blockchain & cryptos!

Check out that site above. I've spent all of today reading about Crytpo. I have off till Jan 2nd so I wanna get a handle on it by the time I get back to work.

I look at Bitcoin, Ethereum and Litecoin as the "reserve" cryptocurrencies akin to the US Dollar, European Euro, British Pound etc. They are the more "stable" (relatively) and established against other currencies. Just like established currencies that are backed by "steady" economies/institutions, we will not see tremendous short term gain from these cryptocurrencies, they are a long term play.

It's the altcoins, akin to emerging economies' currencies if you will, think Nigerian Naira, Thai Bhat, Kenyan Shilling etc that have the potential to really blow up and see strong gains. In the same way emerging economies can grow 6-10% per year over a 6-7 year period these alt coins can do that 10 times that amount of growth.

From what I've read ICOs can be where you really see some big gains as far as speculation is concerned.

This stuff is pretty interesting.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you advise against Coinbase?

How about Binance over Bittrex for Alts?

I don't know if you want to use bittrex right now. There's a lot of people in reddit having major issues. People can't withdraw funds.

Coinbase has issues but it's been solid for me so far. Binance has worked flawlessly for me. Only thing I don't like about it is that there's some alt coins I want to buy that they don't have yet (XRB).

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I don't know if you want to use bittrex right now. There's a lot of people in reddit having major issues. People can't withdraw funds.

This is where I am a little lost at in the loop.

My plan is to invest X amount. If and when my X reaches a certain threshold I'll cash out my initial investment plus a bit a of the profit. Then I'll just trade/invest with the rest of the profit.

I haven't heard too much about people being able to cash out their large earnings and such. Seems like when people want to cash out on a large amount there's some stop hiccup in the system.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is where I am a little lost at in the loop.

My plan is to invest X amount. If and when my X reaches a certain threshold I'll cash out my initial investment plus a bit a of the profit. Then I'll just trade/invest with the rest of the profit.

I haven't heard too much about people being able to cash out their large earnings and such. Seems like when people want to cash out on a large amount there's some stop hiccup in the system.

:whoa: Slow down. Don't make plans and don't think about large sums of money yet. You definitely don't need to be trading. Do your research , find a project that you think is viable long term and hold.

Just get a coinbase account, put money on Bitcoin, ethereum, and litecoin. Get a binance account, transfer some ethereum from coinbase, and buy alt coins.

I'm new to the game too and I'm not obsessing over this. There's too many random highs/lows, pumps and dumps, scams, etc. I'm trying to see where I stand in a year not day to day. I still check sure like coinmarketcap but I'm not reacting. If I see something I'm interested in dip I'll buy more but I'm not selling. If I start seeing big returns I'll get a hardware or paper wallet and get my coins off of the exchanges.