Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I have $500 I'm willing to depart with.

Where is the best place for me start. I just got me a Coinbase account but haven't started actually buying any coins.

Ideally I'd like to put 300-350 into the Big Boys (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin etc) and then use like 50-100 to play around with up and coming alt-coins. The rest I'd invest in the soon to be Big Boy coins. Possibly get a litte into ICOs as well.

Vinny Lupton

Superstar
Daps

Where is the best place for me start. I just got me a Coinbase account but haven't started actually buying any coins.

Ideally I'd like to put 300-350 into the Big Boys (Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin etc) and then use like 50-100 to play around with up and coming alt-coins. The rest I'd invest in the soon to be Big Boy coins. Possibly get a litte into ICOs as well.
I wouldn't even put any of it into BTC. Too small tbh, you can see better gains in ETH and the others.

Do not use coinbase. Get on Gemini for eth, use bittrex for alts

Deposit the money now but don't make a trade immediately just because you have the ability to. Make a plan and pick the best entry points you can

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I wouldn't even put any of it into BTC. Too small tbh, you can see better gains in ETH and the others.

Do not use coinbase. Get on Gemini for eth, use bittrex for alts

Deposit the money now but don't make a trade immediately just because you have the ability to. Make a plan and pick the best entry points you can

Why do you advise against Coinbase?

How about Binance over Bittrex for Alts?

rosie93

Somewhere in Osaka
Daps

What coins do you think will be "big boys"? My bet is on Ripple tbh.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
What coins do you think will be "big boys"? My bet is on Ripple tbh.

Still doing a lot of research into it.

But so far there has been good talk of Ripple and IOTA as possibly being big players in 2018. TRON and Verge could be sleepers as well.

The more I've been looking into it the more exciting this crypto currency trading/investing is becoming.

I won't lie, I was skeptical at first but I'm seeing close friends come up something serious within just a year.

Gotta do a lot of due diligence.

Nikki_04

All Star
Daps
This is all so confusing. I have been reading all the different cryptocurrency threads and it all changes so fast that it makes it difficult for a newbie to keep up. I thought Ethereum was the popular one and on the rise still, but the last few pages are about dropping it for a bunch of new cryptocurrencies. It seems like a full time job to keep up.

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
This is all so confusing. I have been reading all the different cryptocurrency threads and it all changes so fast that it makes it difficult for a newbie to keep up. I thought Ethereum was the popular one and on the rise still, but the last few pages are about dropping it for a bunch of new cryptocurrencies. It seems like a full time job to keep up.

I just got into crypto early this month. Read up on the big three (BTC, ETH, and LTC) and then start reading about alt coins. The big three are just your entry point and you'll need to buy some of one or more of them to get into the alt coins.

Regardless, you'll only be able to accelerate your learning by putting some money up and getting your feet wet with buying and selling.

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
I just got into crypto early this month. Read up on the big three (BTC, ETH, and LTC) and then start reading about alt coins. The big three are just your entry point and you'll need to buy some of one or more of them to get into the alt coins.

Regardless, you'll only be able to accelerate your learning by putting some money up and getting your feet wet with buying and selling.

This. Only once you have skin in the game will you actually be able to slice through the noise and get what you need.