Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

-DMP-

The Prince of All Posters
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
LWO/Brady Bunch/#Midnightboyz
So, I discovered to day that DASH use to be DarkCoin, an alt coin I use to mine back in 2014.

So of course , I got curious to see what happened to the dark coins(dash) I mined back then. Apparently, I had about 35 on poloniex and sold most of them in August 2015 for like .01 bitcoin total.

Today that coin is worth about 700-800 EACH :pachaha:

You win some you lose some I guess

DrHackenbush

Happy wars/sad love songs
Daps
Sorry to ask again, but what do I need to do to buy Ripple and other currencies? A step by step instructions list would be helpful. I'm staying away from Changelly after reading about people getting scammed on Twitter. Is there one giant exchange to buy altcoins from?

Buy some ethereum or bitcoin from coinbase. Then sign up for an account on bittrex and transfer however much ethereum/bitcoin you want to swap for another coin like ripple etc. Bittrex has quite a lot of coins but most of them you can only exchange for ethereum or bitcoin

Check this video here

JDH

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Sorry to ask again, but what do I need to do to buy Ripple and other currencies? A step by step instructions list would be helpful. I'm staying away from Changelly after reading about people getting scammed on Twitter. Is there one giant exchange to buy altcoins from?
If you're interested in a coin, go on coinmarketcap and search the coin. There's a tab called "markets" where you can see on which exchanges the coin is trading on

Daps
I purchased the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet this past Cyber Monday, should arrive next week. In the interim I've downloaded the Exodus wallet onto my Laptop, I like it so far, the UI is very User Friendly.

I was nervous withdrawing my funds from GDAX because there was a several minute delay before I saw my ETH and LTC balances updated.
My BTC balance still hasn't updated in Exodus yet, which I'm annoyed by.:francis:

Network congestion must be crazy atm.:aicmon:

Hiphoplives4eva

Solid Gold Dashikis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
black love, unity, and music
I purchased the Ledger Nano S hardware wallet this past Cyber Monday, should arrive next week. In the interim I've downloaded the Exodus wallet onto my Laptop, I like it so far, the UI is very User Friendly.

I was nervous withdrawing my funds from GDAX because there was a several minute delay before I saw my ETH and LTC balances updated.
My BTC balance still hasn't updated in Exodus yet, which I'm annoyed by.:francis:

Network congestion must be crazy atm.:aicmon:
Yup, that's why ETH is my currency choice. Low cost for transfers and lightening quick!

Last edited:

Reece

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Stop buying IOTA you ugly muthafukkers :damn: I wanted to cop $3,000 worth while it still dirt cheap

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Most of The alt coins are bought with btc / ltc and eth and not US currency . I'm signed up on several websites since some of them offer coins that others don't . Most popular ones are bitfinex , Bittrex and binance . I think binance is the best option for Alts .

Does binance let you buy with your bank account, credit card or with bitcoins?

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Does binance let you buy with your bank account, credit card or with bitcoins?
Only with bitcoin and eth , so you would have to buy those two coins at coinbase/gdax and then transfer it to your wallet in binance where you can buy other alt coins.