Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
James Altucher's 10 predictions about where bitcoin and cryptocurrencies are headed

1. At least one country's currency is likely to fail soon — likely Argentina or Venezuela. This will lead to mass adoption of bitcoin among that populace. That will in turn lead to bitcoin rising by more than $50,000 when it happens.
  2. Mainstream banks will accept bitcoin, and will start offering storage and software access. They will also create cryptocurrency derivatives — as the CME is about to start doing.
  3. Despite the optimism, there will be a massive wipeout, and 95 percent of the alt-coins out there will go away — just like the dot-com bust. The surviving coins will go up a ton. This will happen within next four-six months.
  4. The U.S. government will secretly start accumulating one of the smaller cryptocurrencies to make it easier for gray-area transactions with other countries. This has already started happening but will really start to ramp up in 2018.
  5. China will invest heavily in another cryptocurrency, but probably not bitcoin. China will want to have a cryptocurrency that is competitive with bitcoin, but under its centralized control. This will, in general, provide legitimacy to all cryptocurrencies.
  6. One big problem with cryptocurrencies now is their volatility. At least one — basecoin — will likely dramatically reduce that in 2018.
  7. More companies will pay freelancers with crypto, which will lead to calls for tax reform. There will need to be greater regressive sales taxes, which will ultimately require government cuts and eventually less power for national governments. This is a long-term prediction.
  8. In the same way the internet changed the monopolistic phone industry, crypto will change the monopolization of government-backed money.
  9. A new government organization will be created to analyze regulation on cryptocurrencies. This will, ironically, lead to a huge upswing in bitcoin and coins that provide actual utility.
  10. Thousands of crypto companies will be created and go public, but only a few will be massive successes.
:martin:

Dat Migo

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Boston
Have a question: I sent .06 of ether from myether wallet to bittrex. It was cancelled because of not enough gas. It still says pending on bittrex and the value was deducted from my wallet. I read the value minus the gas used is suppose to go back to the wallet? Does this take long or am I screwed outta $25?

edit: nvm, went through finally

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Yeah
Thinking about getting in the game, not ten toes down...but preferably both my big toes deep...

I wanna move low key....not looking to make massive bread...but just enough to move around to that is things hit the fan my losses won't be too dramatic and if this whole thing turns into something legit down the line, I have a decent square to advance from.

I'm not tryna breakdance...just tryna two step.

Where should I begin :shaq:.

Wassup with IOTA?? Is that accessible through Coinbase?

Winston

All Star
Supporter
Daps
My portfolio just broke $100. % wise it's actually good but still, I can't even build my account with this:hhh: I'm so broke I bought IOTA at a monthly low but I could only buy 4 brehs, 4!

Right now I've got some Bitcoin, Ethereum, Litecoin, IOTA, Vertcoin, Navcoin, Ark, and Coss, and I'm currently mining SiaCoin and Bytecoin hoping for a come up.