Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
To a newcomer it's really confusing

-A lot of different coins
-ICO
-Pre-ICO
-Different apps
-Different ways of paying

This is overwhelming I think to a lot of people, what's the best way to pick up all the basic information and to not feel lost in a forrest of options?

:patrice::lupe:

You ever get an answer for this? Any books, websites, blogs or videos you all recommend?

There's so much information idk which is shady and which is not, lots of different angles
:lupe:

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
You ever get an answer for this? Any books, websites, blogs or videos you all recommend?

There's so much information idk which is shady and which is not, lots of different angles
:lupe:
Just buy bitcoin and ethereum to start out, youre going to need them no matter what you try to invest in, if you want to eventually buy altcoins or icos.

Get comfortable with using a wallet to make transfers, coinomi is available in the app store, and it has shapeshift built right in if you want to exchange for certain altcoins right in the wallet, remember you can only send bitcoin to a bitcoin address, eth to eth address ect

Make an account on bittrex, go and look at the exchange and orderbooks until you understand what you are seeing

If you have a question about a coin google the name of the coin and bitcointalk ie., electroneum and bitcointallk, look for the result with [ANN] in the title that is an announcment page on the forum for that particular coin. it will tell you what the potential use of the coin is, and thing like the ico(inital coin offering) price, ico date, planned total number of coins, premine or no premine(the creator is setting aside coins for themselves or others) and all types of other info about the project.DO NOT listen to any of the fan boys on the forum, its just good for initial info to see if you want to research further.

If a coin has already had an ico or is available on an exchange look on coinmarketcap for the current and historical price info, current number of coins, total number of coins and markets(exchanges) where it is sold

If a project guarantees returns it's a scam, if you get in early enough you can probably make money ie bitconnect and regalcoin but you can also end up in a situation like bitpetit, people went to login on sunday and were told "down for sysytem upgrage" 2 days later the whole site is gone, twitter is gone and allegedly 10k bitcoins, not 10k dollars worth of bitcoins, 10k bitcoins, GONE

Read the entire bitcoin is $200 thread on here and also the ethereum thread, but any alt gains are from pure speculation, GRS, VTC, ETP all went 5x 10x in the last 30 days, can you actually use them for anything right now? Nope, but you could have made lots of money.

99bitcoins, steemit, and medium are some good websites to look through, but some of these writers get insanely technical.

Allways use strong passwords, 2FA when available and watch out for spoofed sites/links

DYOR - look it up

Alt=altcoin/alternative coin= anything other than bitcoin

openledger | The Cryptocurrency Dictionary

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
Are we expecting btc to drop in price once the fork hits ? Because I might sell what I have and buy the dip

bucks3115

Superstar
Daps
I like both Golem and Siacoin. Really interesting projects that could/should succeed. Got a rack of each at the moment.

Ripple is dead to me. Swell was supposed to be marketing/hype to support $XRP and basically everyone said Ripple will exist independent of $XRP. Had me like Wtf.

Bitcoin is the best investment in my opinion. Only 21 mil will ever be produced, already has a strong acceptance as currency worldwide. It's probably not tradeable anymore but I'm looking to acquire 5 coins and sit on it.

Fees are def a bytch. Kraken charges $5 withdrawal fee. Was testing the xfer to my Trezor wallet of 0.01 $BTC, shyt cost $5 bucks, smh.

school me on this
i want to learn about bitcoin
i hear its better to use it with gdax.com cuz there is no fees

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
If anybody is participating in the SENSE token release, here's a way to get some free tokens down the road.

http://tinyurl.com/FreeSENSE

Once you sign up with the Telegram app, you'll get access to the Sensay bot. Pass on the referral and you'll get 25 SENSE tokens.

Lookin' out for the Coli brethren.

:manny:

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
If anybody is participating in the SENSE token release, here's a way to get some free tokens down the road.

http://tinyurl.com/FreeSENSE

Once you sign up with the Telegram app, you'll get access to the Sensay bot. Pass on the referral and you'll get 25 SENSE tokens.

Lookin' out for the Coli brethren.

:manny:
A little background on this please? For the novices.

MajorVitaman

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
#ByrdGang (formerly Eastcoastnaga)
Just buy bitcoin and ethereum to start out, youre going to need them no matter what you try to invest in, if you want to eventually buy altcoins or icos.

Get comfortable with using a wallet to make transfers, coinomi is available in the app store, and it has shapeshift built right in if you want to exchange for certain altcoins right in the wallet, remember you can only send bitcoin to a bitcoin address, eth to eth address ect

Make an account on bittrex, go and look at the exchange and orderbooks until you understand what you are seeing

If you have a question about a coin google the name of the coin and bitcointalk ie., electroneum and bitcointallk, look for the result with [ANN] in the title that is an announcment page on the forum for that particular coin. it will tell you what the potential use of the coin is, and thing like the ico(inital coin offering) price, ico date, planned total number of coins, premine or no premine(the creator is setting aside coins for themselves or others) and all types of other info about the project.DO NOT listen to any of the fan boys on the forum, its just good for initial info to see if you want to research further.

If a coin has already had an ico or is available on an exchange look on coinmarketcap for the current and historical price info, current number of coins, total number of coins and markets(exchanges) where it is sold

If a project guarantees returns it's a scam, if you get in early enough you can probably make money ie bitconnect and regalcoin but you can also end up in a situation like bitpetit, people went to login on sunday and were told "down for sysytem upgrage" 2 days later the whole site is gone, twitter is gone and allegedly 10k bitcoins, not 10k dollars worth of bitcoins, 10k bitcoins, GONE

Read the entire bitcoin is $200 thread on here and also the ethereum thread, but any alt gains are from pure speculation, GRS, VTC, ETP all went 5x 10x in the last 30 days, can you actually use them for anything right now? Nope, but you could have made lots of money.

99bitcoins, steemit, and medium are some good websites to look through, but some of these writers get insanely technical.

Allways use strong passwords, 2FA when available and watch out for spoofed sites/links

DYOR - look it up

Alt=altcoin/alternative coin= anything other than bitcoin

openledger | The Cryptocurrency Dictionary

Thanks fam

Crispy

Cookie
Daps
Reppin
#GMB OG
well your boy did it !:blessed:

i done copped .067 bitcoin:troll:

after weeks of watching that sh!t go up:shaq:

while waiting for my bank transfer to hit my coinbase:feedme:

i finally copped some:banderas:

then i watched that sh!t drop from 5,800 to 5,550 in no time:mjcry:

I'm trying to build up a long position in bitcoin

so its no big deal:russ:

it is funny as sh!t tho:lolbron:

i got another $100 i'm going to play around with bittrex:feedme:

i came in to rep yall for sharing the game:salute:

but that sh!t seems to be broken:mindblown:

i'll hit ya when it comes back

looks like reps is back

i got some of yall

but its telling me i got to chill

sfgiants

BANNED
Daps
Reppin
NULL
im dumbass late, bought @ 5500 around ~3-4 weeks ago
shyts at around 7400/7500 now :whew:'

my co workers friend has 6 bitcoins he copped when they were around 800 i think. fukk. i wish i was on this earlier
better late than never tho :smugdraper:

edit - yall got these in shyts like coinbase or u got em in a wallet... if u got em in a wallet which one u using. everyone online says trezor, i dont know which to get

Beng Beng

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Is it safe to store bitcoin in a coinbase account? Currently holding mine in there would appreciate any advice.

Bitcoin aint dead lol i just jumped on two weeks ago and have made 20-30%