Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Daps
Is it safe to store bitcoin in a coinbase account? Currently holding mine in there would appreciate any advice.

Bitcoin aint dead lol i just jumped on two weeks ago and have made 20-30%

Not at all:gucci: if you plan
to hold your coins take the wallet or at best, a hardware wallet

altruicsense

Lord of the 7 Kingdoms
Daps
Reppin
Westeros
what the fork gonna do?

still can't believe after the election I told people bitcoin was gonna soar, but didn't put money where my mouth was :wow:

because at the time the prices were like 700-800ish and I was bytching about how I had bitcoins at $250 per a year or two earlier but sold them at around $500. Even at 700 then I could be :blessed: right now, but instead I'm sick as fukk. Mentally clocked out w/ this bitcoin shyt :hhh:. Prime opportunity I let go to waste.

People think they will get 2x the coins when the fork happens so they buying up BTC like crazy now...when the fork happens that shyt will crash.. the trick is to time your exit to just before the fork.

T.H.E.GOD

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm late on the wave? What would happen if I drop a grand right now? Looks promising or I need to probably put more down?

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Are we expecting btc to drop in price once the fork hits ? Because I might sell what I have and buy the dip

YES. If everything goes as expected, once the fork hits BTC should have a large correction (drop) and alt coins (all the other coins other than Bitcoin) will likely spike. Especially the more established alt coins. Keep your Bitcoin until maybe 12 hours before the fork, maybe even 16 just to be safe, then buy altcoins with every bit of bitcoin you have. You don't want to miss the window or you will be stuck riding bitcoins value down, while everyone that jumps ship to alt coins gets to ride a new surge. Right now Bitcoin is $7344.26, I think itll go higher closer to the fork then dip after.

Keep track of the timing of the fork here: 2x Countdown

And remember, the timers are sometimes off by hours because as we get closer to the forks more people start mining which clears blocks faster and speeds up the ETA. Im probably jumping ship on my Bitcoin into alts 36 hours before it just so I don't risk anything. Maybe even as early as 2 days.

I'm late on the wave? What would happen if I drop a grand right now? Looks promising or I need to probably put more down?

You can buy partials of Bitcoin if thats what you want. So no amount is too low. Just make sure you scope the market properly. At this point with bitcoin set to take a big dip in 11 days, I would wait until then to buy if I were you. Depending on the size of the dip you might get to buy at a much better price.

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
YES. If everything goes as expected, once the fork hits BTC should have a large correction (drop) and alt coins (all the other coins other than Bitcoin) will likely spike. Especially the more established alt coins. Keep your Bitcoin until maybe 12 hours before the fork, maybe even 16 just to be safe, then buy altcoins with every bit of bitcoin you have. You don't want to miss the window or you will be stuck riding bitcoins value down, while everyone that jumps ship to alt coins gets to ride a new surge. Right now Bitcoin is $7344.26, I think itll go higher closer to the fork then dip after.

Keep track of the timing of the fork here: 2x Countdown

And remember, the timers are sometimes off by hours because as we get closer to the forks more people start mining which clears blocks faster and speeds up the ETA. Im probably jumping ship on my Bitcoin into alts 36 hours before it just so I don't risk anything. Maybe even as early as 2 days.

You can buy partials of Bitcoin if thats what you want. So no amount is too low. Just make sure you scope the market properly. At this point with bitcoin set to take a big dip in 11 days, I would wait until then to buy if I were you. Depending on the size of the dip you might get to buy at a much better price.

Man, you sure about this?

Please don't have me making a dumb move that i'll regret later. :sadcam:

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute

If anybody is participating in the SENSE token release, here's a way to get some free tokens down the road.

http://tinyurl.com/FreeSENSE

Once you sign up with the Telegram app, you'll get access to the Sensay bot. Pass on the referral and you'll get 25 SENSE tokens.

As you pass it on to others, you'll get additional tokens.

Lookin' out for the Coli brethren.

:manny:

Last edited:

tuckgod

The high exalted
Bushed
Daps
Does the person have to install the app before you receive the coins?

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
What alts are you all thinking of getting into near the fork? i have som REQ that i got way below ico price, may look to get more. and move back in GRS if it drops below 50 cents and more ETP if it goes below $3 , Or NEO below $20