Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Fam I just got into this shyt this week. The #1 Rule I'm reading is DO NOT fukk up your real money gambling on this shyt. The Cryptocurrency market can go belly up and you can lose it all. I would NOT take ALL MY MONEY from any money institution to invest in this. Just whatever you can afford to lose.

Yep do a little bit at a time.

Willie

Bring me back some Gushers and a Sprite
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Ohio, USA
Who here hip to followcoin? I just started really paying attention to all this shyt within the past week. Definitely looking to put some $$$ in a few other places other than my bank and stocks

Any info yall can share will definitely be appreciated

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
You can do that? :lupe:

@Xyrax is "trading" coins a difficult thing to learn. I saw a youtube video with a guy who earned his bitcoin, didn't have to buy a thing? I presume this is very time intensive.

Yeah definitely. The only reason its easy right now is some very specific circumstances. Bitcoin is going through 2 hard forks in the next 5 weeks. Everyone who has bitcoin at the time of these two forks will get the forked coin for free. So everyone is taking money out of alt coins (causing them to dip or stay stagnant in price) and putting it into Bitcoin. After the forks are over people will diversify and put money back into the altcoins.

But until that happens we can be sure that altcoins are going to stay under downward pressure as people sell them off to gather more Bitcoin for the fork. Because that behaviour is predictable for the next 5 weeks its easy to make money swing trading because you know the altcoin prices are going to wave up and down in the same range. But after the fork? All bets are off and nothing will be predictable anymore and Im just gonna hold my shyt and hope it goes up.

I can't successfully swing trade unless I have a handicap like we have now. shyts difficult and nerve wracking.

mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Underdeveloped Minds Research Institute
Fam I just got into this shyt this week. The #1 Rule I'm reading is DO NOT fukk up your real money gambling on this shyt. The Cryptocurrency market can go belly up and you can lose it all. I would NOT take ALL MY MONEY from any money institution to invest in this. Just whatever you can afford to lose.

Good advice.

I have to echo this.

ONLY INVEST MONEY YOU ARE COMFORTABLE LOSING!

Don't liquidate a healthy stock portfolio to chase after crypto.

I started accumulating cryptos after my 401k was already greater than $100k and my personal stock/ETF portfolio was greater than $100k.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
If a couple thousand of dollars is all you have to your name, going all in Bitcoin is just as good a bet as anything.

If you are playing with 10s, 100s of thousands and can't figure out the risk of NOT having a tangible percentage of your portfolio in Bitcoin then I feel for you.

Sunalmighty

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Oakland, Ca
Just the downloaded coinbase app should have 1 whole bit coin in a year or so. Set up auto payment's.
I have that app as well. I've used fractional bitcoin and ethereum to invest in Electroneum. Bruh, if you wait until 1 year yo purchase 1 coin that shyt might be 2x value when you try to buy.