Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
This. I was way late to the game but got in around the 4400 mark, and that was only ~12 days ago. This is a sound investment and you can't compare today to the people who got in for 1000, 200 or a dollar. That ship has sailed. Most average people today are buying at most a few coins and people like me are buying fractions at a time to accumulate a coin or two. I'm not waiting for dips when putting in 1000-2000 every other pay cycle. It's a long term investment and the time to 'trade' bitcoin seems to have passed unless you got hundreds of thousands to put in and want the quick terms of 2-4%.

I work in cyber security and have been hearing about bitcoin for years but waa always reluctant since my stock portfolio was doing fine. I'm kicking myself now for that, but hindsight is always 20/20. I don't get too concerned with buying at the highs because I believe we haven't seen the true high yet. When I'm buying 0.10 coins at a time the difference between 5400 and 5600 is basically mute.

Just my two cents.

+1

I could go back in this thread and find similar "waiting for the dip" posts every single year.

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
+1

I could go back in this thread and find similar "waiting for the dip" posts every single year.

I've seen it a few times already in the short time I've been following this thread. Good for you for being ahead of it and trying to share the knowledge with the rest of us.

I'm currently long of BTC, ETH and Ripple. I got some EOS and will probably look at some other alt coins too. Are there any alt coins you are long in that are a good entry or do you stay away from alts in general?

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Swing trading has been straight easy mode since the first week of this month. All altcoins being suppressed by BTC because of the two upcoming forks means you can swing trade with complete faith alts will dip again. This shyt is like trading with training wheels. Making a shytload of money selling a coin when it spikes, then rebuying it when it inevitably dips again. In and out, over and over on the same fukking coins multiplying my holdings in them.

Im going to miss this shyt after the forks, but itll be eased by the fact that the altcoins will soar in price after the forks anyway so... $$ literally raining from the fukking sky. Farming gold in video games is harder than this shyt. :deadmanny:

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Swing trading has been straight easy mode since the first week of this month. All altcoins being suppressed by BTC because of the two upcoming forks means you can swing trade with complete faith alts will dip again. This shyt is like trading with training wheels. Making a shytload of money selling a coin when it spikes, then rebuying it when it inevitably dips again. In and out, over and over on the same fukking coins multiplying my holdings in them.

Im going to miss this shyt after the forks, but itll be eased by the fact that the altcoins will soar in price after the forks anyway so... $$ literally raining from the fukking sky. Farming gold in video games is harder than this shyt. :deadmanny:
Which ones are you buying?

Jammer22

All Star
Daps

U ain't scared of capital gains tax?
:patrice::lupe::lupe:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Which ones are you buying?

IOTA, STEEM, PIVX, Bitcoin itself, Civic and QTUM.

None of the trades are based on the potential of the projects, only their repeating 'wave' patterns. These coins have waved up and down and up and down over and over since October 1st. You need volume, but if you have a good amount its free money. Take STEEM for example. Small dollar coin that keeps dropping to .98 cents a coin then back up to 1.13 - 1.23 a coin every few days. Buying at .98 cents and selling at 1.13 ain't really shyt but 15 cents, but if you buy $2300 worth at .98 you get 2,320 ish of them. And when you sell that's 15 cents multiplied by 2,320 = $348.00

Its small ball shyt, but if you don't mind making racks $200 - $300 a time, and trading like 5 times a day so you can stack those gains, you can build thousands a week. Im being careful though, not doing it with a large part of my portfolio (it gets hard to sell 8,000 of a coin that cheap when you're trying to cash out, so you have to keep it around 4k coins or less) but its still free money.

U ain't scared of capital gains tax?
:patrice::lupe::lupe:

Not with these returns nah. The percentage gains that Im getting off of this is meteoric; even considering ~35% capital gains tax Im still gonna eat off this for now. But once the market normalizes and making these sort of gains become harder to guarantee (after the 2 forks) there's no way this shyt would work. The price volatility and gains tax + tx fees would eat your ass alive. :deadmanny:

shyts fun for now though. Got about 2 more weeks.

Azul

Sunkissed.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Comfort Zone
Just the downloaded coinbase app should have 1 whole bit coin in a year or so. Set up auto payment's.

You can do that? :lupe:

@Xyrax is "trading" coins a difficult thing to learn. I saw a youtube video with a guy who earned his bitcoin, didn't have to buy a thing? I presume this is very time intensive.

chkmeout

marshawn lynch handshake
Daps
You can do that? :lupe:

@Xyrax is "trading" coins a difficult thing to learn. I saw a youtube video with a guy who earned his bitcoin, didn't have to buy a thing? I presume this is very time intensive.

its time consuming with no or very little knowledge of trading.

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I haven't been paying attention to this stuff for a while. Bitcoin rallied to 5K. Yet, I've seen no move in other coins. LTC has been stagnant. Gotta catch up on everything. Blockchain is the future. Wish I had been involved in the stock game before Nvidia blew up. Not entirely sold on altcoins and Bitcoin in the long term.

Crude Abolitionist

End Slavery
Supporter
Daps
Yeah breh, I don't know shyt about it :mjcry:

I ordered books on cryptocurrency.
51SYIitHjAL._SX311_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

There is alot out there hit them books and get in there.

Doobie Doo

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh, NC
Seriously thinking of dumping my individual stocks and just investing it in bitcoin. I'd still have my index fund so I wouldn't be missing much :patrice:

Fam I just got into this shyt this week. The #1 Rule I'm reading is DO NOT fukk up your real money gambling on this shyt. The Cryptocurrency market can go belly up and you can lose it all. I would NOT take ALL MY MONEY from any money institution to invest in this. Just whatever you can afford to lose.