Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Daps
Reppin
I Am Everywhere.
Any alternative to coinbase?

CEX lets you buy in larger volumes but verification takes a while for most people, plus prices are inflated and the fees are higher.

Localbitcoins occasionally has decent deals. It's individual sellers there so it all depends on the seller. Prices are usually inflated there as well though and the payment methods aren't as convenient.

Coinbase is the best platform to buy crypto with fiat despite its flaws imo.

If you want altcoins (which aren't on coinbase) you can look into GDAX (cb affiliated), Bittrex, Kraken, BitPanda. Stay away from Poloniex. There's some other exchanges but I haven't traded altcoins in a while... Didn't find them profitable personally, after the July ETH crash. Maybe someone else can win there... They're risky but markets might be better now.

Last edited:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Finally!
I been hyping Veri for months and no one here was biting.
I have great faith in the founder of Veritaseum Reggie Middleton.

I looked into it. But it set off a lot of red flags for me. When watching the videos and speeches there were references to live business which I couldn't find. References to a working product that I also couldn't find. I went to the Git Hub which I absolutely insist on doing so I can see the codebase and its progress or lack thereof. But there's nothing there but forks with no commits of note since said forks. All the heavy lifting seems to have gone into getting the coin sale ready though. No product, but the coin sale tech was worked on pretty fukking hard.

Then I hit the site, and, no working product yet, but everywhere there is info for you if you want to buy the coin. You can't miss it. Nothing else practical yet; but they can sell you that coin. I found a roadmap which indicated they planned to hire staff starting around November of this year. Im going to wait until then and have a look.

Again this doesn't mean the project isn't kosher. I just have a bar that must be cleared if Im going to put money into something. Veri doesn't meet that at all right now. Many many coins run an ICO, then hit exchanges and coast for months with no product and even see positive price action that make a lot of early investors money. But they plummet when no project updates or product hits the market that shows the team is actually accomplishing anything. A few times when pressed hard for info by critics Reggie fell back and pointed to the valuation of the coin since ICO as an alternative to answering hard questions that need answers. That's not convincing to me because I have seen to many coins do that, then crash. There was also no whitepaper at all (at the time, I don't know about now) yet even though they have completed a crowdsale ICO months ago.

In any case, should they start adding staff in October and November, and the GitHub commits start rolling in once they staff programmers I'll completely change my tune and jump on board. Im willing to miss out on the early low price in order to ensure my investments have a higher chance of success long term. None of this means its shady by any means, it shares all the signs of an early early vision too. Just too early for me right now.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Veritaseum is a scam. Don't say I didn't warn you. Reggie is a salesman who doesn't have nearly the technical chops or capacity to evaluate talent to implement the kind of things he is aiming for. Not to mention the project has been around even before the ICO craze, they just created this new token offering to milk some easy money out of this crazy market

Money to be made off the speculation? Maybe. Will it be worth anything in 2-3 years time? Nop.

QuintessentialMan

Banned
Supporter
Daps
I looked into it. But it set off a lot of red flags for me. When watching the videos and speeches there were references to live business which I couldn't find. References to a working product that I also couldn't find. I went to the Git Hub which I absolutely insist on doing so I can see the codebase and its progress or lack thereof. But there's nothing there but forks with no commits of note since said forks. All the heavy lifting seems to have gone into getting the coin sale ready though. No product, but the coin sale tech was worked on pretty fukking hard.

Then I hit the site, and, no working product yet, but everywhere there is info for you if you want to buy the coin. You can't miss it. Nothing else practical yet; but they can sell you that coin. I found a roadmap which indicated they planned to hire staff starting around November of this year. Im going to wait until then and have a look.

Again this doesn't mean the project isn't kosher. I just have a bar that must be cleared if Im going to put money into something. Veri doesn't meet that at all right now. Many many coins run an ICO, then hit exchanges and coast for months with no product and even see positive price action that make a lot of early investors money. But they plummet when no project updates or product hits the market that shows the team is actually accomplishing anything. A few times when pressed hard for info by critics Reggie fell back and pointed to the valuation of the coin since ICO as an alternative to answering hard questions that need answers. That's not convincing to me because I have seen to many coins do that, then crash. There was also no whitepaper at all (at the time, I don't know about now) yet even though they have completed a crowdsale ICO months ago.

In any case, should they start adding staff in October and November, and the GitHub commits start rolling in once they staff programmers I'll completely change my tune and jump on board. Im willing to miss out on the early

Veritaseum is a scam. Don't say I didn't warn you. Reggie is a salesman who doesn't have nearly the technical chops or capacity to evaluate talent to implement the kind of things he is aiming for. Not to mention the project has been around even before the ICO craze, they just created this new token offering to milk some easy money out of this crazy market

Money to be made off the speculation? Maybe. Will it be worth anything in 2-3 years time? Nop.
low price in order to ensure my investments have a higher chance of success long term. None of this means its shady by any means, it shares all the signs of an early early vision too. Just too early for me right now.

https://steemit.com/money/@financialcritic/analysis-of-the-veritaseum-scam

Honestly I agree with all 3 posts above despite my faith in the coin. It could really go any which way in 2018 2019 and beyond..... you guys .....wait for below dates to come and go before passing final judgement on it. Ill keep the coin for now though. Its been really good to me since ICO earlier this year.
  • Veritaseum VeADIR Financial Machines will beta around 9/29/17
  • Veritaseum/Jamaica Stock Exchange digital asset exchange joint venture will beta around 9/29/17
  • Veritaseum joint venture digital asset exchange joint venture with top ten global securities exchange is slated to debut as proof of concept in 10/15/17, assuming the deal goes through
  • Veritaseum P2P OTC direct value trading will debut in the 4th quarter of 2018

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Veritaseum VeADIR Financial Machines will beta around 9/29/17
  • Veritaseum/Jamaica Stock Exchange digital asset exchange joint venture will beta around 9/29/17
  • Veritaseum joint venture digital asset exchange joint venture with top ten global securities exchange is slated to debut as proof of concept in 10/15/17, assuming the deal goes through
  • Veritaseum P2P OTC direct value trading will debut in the 4th quarter of 2018

Vaporware - Wikipedia

Jammer22

All Star
Daps
I'd hold for now.
Looking like China is going:demonic: on crypto exhanges.
This could get bloodier.

BTC $3.3K
ETH $236
LTC at $47

:damn::damn::damn::damn::damn:

Rell Lauren

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NYC
My Litecoin investment has been wiped out. Currently in the red. Contemplating on selling or holding off to see if it bounces back.