Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I just have coinbase how y'all buying alt coins

If you are in the U.S. (or anywhere really) the easiest exchange to use is Bittrex. Buy Lightcoin (or ETH or BTC) and create a Lightcoin/Bitcoin/Eth wallet on Bittrex and send your coin from Coinbase to Bittrex. Bittrex lists god knows how many Altcoins.

You can start there. I suggest buying as lightcoin because when you xfer from Coinbase to Bittrex you have to pay a fee. For Bitcoin that fee is pretty fukking high... losing $100 in transfer fees is stupid when if you transfer Lightcoin instead the fee is like $1.20 for the same transaction. :mjlol: But if all you have is bitcoin on coinbase, you might have no choice.

Anyway, transfer to the correct Bittrex wallet, sell that coin for BTC, then you can use your BTC on Bittrex to buy any altcoin they list.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
If you are in the U.S. (or anywhere really) the easiest exchange to use is Bittrex. Buy Lightcoin (or ETH or BTC) and create a Lightcoin/Bitcoin/Eth wallet on Bittrex and send your coin from Coinbase to Bittrex. Bittrex lists god knows how many Altcoins.

You can start there. I suggest buying as lightcoin because when you xfer from Coinbase to Bittrex you have to pay a fee. For Bitcoin that fee is pretty fukking high... losing $100 in transfer fees is stupid when if you transfer Lightcoin instead the fee is like $1.20 for the same transaction. :mjlol: But if all you have is bitcoin on coinbase, you might have no choice.

Anyway, transfer to the correct Bittrex wallet, sell that coin for BTC, then you can use your BTC on Bittrex to buy any altcoin they list.
I have light coin in coinbase how do i cop through bittrex

Grizzly

Home Run Hitter
Daps
Reppin
Bigupyuself
so I need Ethereum to buy WAVES.... ok. I just setup my Coinbase account. How much Ethereum do I need to buy 10 shares of WAVES?

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
I have light coin in coinbase how do i cop through bittrex

Here is a youtube tutorial. Im a little drunk and don't want to fukk up the instructions.

Just make absolutely sure when you create your bittrex wallet that you get the deposit address for Lightcoin if you are sending lightcoin. You can't send lightcoin to a Bitcoin receiving address... If you did you would lose all your money/crypto. The receiving wallet has to be the same type as the crypto you are sending.

Saucay

Banned
Daps
Trying to forecast or predict the future is a sure way to lose your money OP. What's the investment thesis behind your assertion? What's the data / historical price movement? A 250%-500% return over a 6mo period is fukkING insane. Unless you a legit fortune teller who can see into the future or you have access to insider info, which I don't think is the case since BITCOINS are not based on the performance of a single company or a specific industry sector...I'll keep my $1K breh. :sas2:

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Trying to forecast or predict the future is a sure way to lose your money OP. What's the investment thesis behind your assertion? What's the data / historical price movement? A 250%-500% return over a 6mo period is fukkING insane. Unless you a legit fortune teller who can see into the future or you have access to insider info, which I don't think is the case since BITCOINS are not based on the performance of a single company or a specific industry sector...I'll keep my $1K breh. :sas2:

Unavoidable at this point. Bitcoin was $638 per bitcoin 1 year ago. Now its $4589.30 per coin. No way that kind of money is being made and people won't notice. The insane gains won't last but there's still a lot of gains to be made. The pace will probably slow down a bit though.

the cool

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Here is a youtube tutorial. Im a little drunk and don't want to fukk up the instructions.

Just make absolutely sure when you create your bittrex wallet that you get the deposit address for Lightcoin if you are sending lightcoin. You can't send lightcoin to a Bitcoin receiving address... If you did you would lose all your money/crypto. The receiving wallet has to be the same type as the crypto you are sending.

thanks a lot for the help. i have 4k invested in litecoin through coinbase and 800 invested in bitcoin. i haven't bought ethereum yet nor any other alt coins. am i doing the right thing

Red

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
thanks a lot for the help. i have 4k invested in litecoin through coinbase and 800 invested in bitcoin. i haven't bought ethereum yet nor any other alt coins. am i doing the right thing

Breh, slow down and read some articles and get familiar with what you're investing in as much as possible. Especially true if you're planning on investing into alts otherwise you're going to fukk around and invest in a wrong coin, buy at the top, panic and sell for a loss and repeat and repeat until you get rekt.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

dumb ass.

if you'd have invested $1K when OP posted you'd have more than $23k right now

Saucay

Banned
Daps
dumb ass.

if you'd have invested $1K when OP posted you'd have more than $23k right now

I am still waiting on facts. One of the great ironies is that investors imagine the future to be what they see in the rear-view mirror. I can tell y'all don't know shyt about investments.

Btw, Heisenburrr, get you fakkit-ass bytch made c*nt out of here. Don't ever call me dumb when I am having a civilized conversation with you just because your one-neuron having brain can't understand what I am saying. You feel me bytch!?