Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

McTwerk

Dreams and Nightmares
Daps
Reppin
In the Cloud
Coinbase, Blockchain and kracken for me

I want to know if anyone uses changelly and how that is

Do you keep your coins on the exchanges? I'm seeing there is no one wallet to rule them all. Seems you can buy most coins they those listed above, but what do you use for a wallet for things like ripple, neo, and other alt coins?

Last edited:

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Do you keep your coins on the exchanges? I'm seeing there is no one wallet to rule them all. Seems you can buy most coins they those listed above, but what do you use for a wallet for things like ripple, neo, and other alt coins?
I use kraken for alts.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps

The only coins I keep on exchanges are the small percent of my portfolio that I consider 'mobile' investments. I will move this small portion around here and there, sometimes sticking it in upcoming projects Im betting on (that don't yet have their own wallets), sometimes doing a little day trading, and finally placing it on coins Im looking for short term gains on.

Never keep the bulk of your portfolio on exchanges. Always go to the websites for your investments and get their specific wallet and use that, or buy yourself a hardware wallet. But never keep your major stack on Exchanges, many of them have been hacked in years past, and dudes literally lose millions.

Now if you are just starting, and you don't really have a portfolio yet? Then sure, keep it on exchanges for now. But once you have a good chunk of money in Crypto just remember you will need to swap over to secure wallets. If all you are doing is testing the waters with ~3k or something small, you can just keep that on the exchanges because you are just starting.

paperbag

Death to the demoness Allegra Geller
Daps
I sold near the high on Friday.
Nice. I "lost" about 25% of my ether stake before i got out but it was all profit, so im not really trpping.

Got rid of all my neo @ 34cents, thank the lord, almost put in a buy order for 26 cents as a stab in the dark but i told myself nvm "it cant possibly go that low"
I'm still buying bitcoins though.
Same

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Let this be a lesson to those new to this.

Don't get greedy. If you have a ton of profits, secure it when the market is red hot like it was when BTC got up to 5K. Just like when things are about to get hot, Alts gain more percentage points than Bitcoin. When things start to crash? Alts crash harder than Bitcoin. The idea is to be ready to move immediately. Do not worry about potentially leaving money on the table, that's how you get burned.

The one thing I learned like I stated in the slack. I still don't really get the hype for Litecoin, but will hold it from now on. The reasoning behind it is that I think Monero and even Bitcoin Cash have a stronger future than LTC.

Just keep buying slowly as the knives keep falling. This is just the beginning.

Xyrax

Superstar
Daps
Watching these dudes with tons of ICO linked coins eat losses on top of the general BTC drop today is :huhldup: status right now.

fukking NEO took like two weeks to go from 52 per coin down to 17 a coin today. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuck. This is the time to buy in though. Coins are hitting lows they havent seen for months. Buy low sell high.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The ico market was getting out of hand. Some of the offerings seem like straight scams. I see why china move to crack down on them. Btc is the top dog and I think this recent bull market has spooked central banks and governments even more. I know they are trying to figure a way to gain control.

Wise

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Why do you guys speculate btc went down? How much more will it go down?