Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

illadope

きんが
Daps
Damn...the shyt just hit 300. Shoulda dropped liked $1000 and hoped for the best but again this shyt is way to iffy for me.

I been here from the START and it could all come crashing down tomorrow. That's the shyt that scares me.

Irsih probably made some GUAP in the past two months though :ohlawd:

From all the history thats out there & some other things...there shouldnt be a HUGE crash until it hits $$600-800. Even then a "HUGE" crash will be at around $400. Doubt we'll ever see under $100 again.

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps
Man I seriously missed all the way the fukk out on this man. I seriously want to kick myself for this humongous L :to: It was 180 2 weeks ago... 180!! :damn:

Exiled Martian

Was young I couldn't do good, now I can't do Bad
Daps
Reppin
Swag-hili Shores
Dayyymnnnnnn so... Bitcoin is at ~$320 on Mt. Gox, Litecoin is at $4.36 on BTC-E.

Also I'm looking at Primecoin right now because it's actually productive in terms of the proof-of-work system. As the name suggests it's geared around finding prime numbers, which makes it more along the lines of distributed computing programs in terms of real-world usefulness. I must admit when I first heard about Bitcoin a few months back, I misunderstood it at first, thinking that the value was coming from it doing computing work for some organization, not realizing that it's value was purely in being a decentralized currency

Sadly...The FED is eventually going to shut Bitcoin down after they are done with Liberty Reserve trial. They won't allow any currency/banking system that doesn't leave a money trail :lupe:

Honestly, it seems like a huge confidence game by a lot of the Bitcoin crowd. Now, some truly are faithful that it is this great thing, but I have to assume a lot just want to keep pimping it up to raise its price so that they can sell it for real money (USD)........At this point the average person cannot mine coins with any decent effectiveness--certainly not without a big investment of gear. That leaves them to buy bitcoins on the market. And then what? Spend them? Hell no, they are an investment vehicle now. And a damn risky one at that :yeshrug:

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
Major Bitcoin theft from website, claims owner
_70999471_70999470.jpg
Bitcoins are becoming more popular as a method of payment online
Continue reading the main story
Related Stories
A man who ran an online "wallet service" for storing Bitcoins has claimed hackers stole virtual currency from his site worth more than one million Australian dollars.

The Australian man said 4,100 Bitcoins (US$1.04m, £650,000) were taken in two separate attacks.

He said he would not report the theft to police as Bitcoin transactions are virtually impossible to trace.

This has led some users to speculate whether it was an "inside job".

In a radio interview with ABC News the man, who only used his online name TradeFortress, denied being involved.

The Bitcoin virtual currency is increasingly used to pay for things online.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the theft occurred on 26 October but users were only alerted this week via a message he posted on the wallet service's website.

"I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm sorry, and saying that I'm very sad that this has happened is an understatement.

"Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet-connected device, regardless if it is your own or a service's."

Bitcoin is the most well known of a handful of virtual currencies. The currencies are developed through a computer process called "mining" and can be traded on exchanges or privately between users.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-24871444

:deadmanny:

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
_70999471_70999470.jpg
Related Stories
A man who ran an online "wallet service" for storing Bitcoins has claimed hackers stole virtual currency from his site worth more than one million Australian dollars.

The Australian man said 4,100 Bitcoins (US$1.04m, £650,000) were taken in two separate attacks.

He said he would not report the theft to police as Bitcoin transactions are virtually impossible to trace.

In a radio interview with ABC News the man, who only used his online name TradeFortress, denied being involved.

According to the Sydney Morning Herald, the theft occurred on 26 October but users were only alerted this week via a message he posted on the wallet service's website.

"I know this doesn't mean much, but I'm sorry, and saying that I'm very sad that this has happened is an understatement.

"Please don't store Bitcoins on an internet-connected device, regardless if it is your own or a service's."

Bitcoin is the most well known of a handful of virtual currencies. The currencies are developed through a computer process called "mining" and can be traded on exchanges or privately between users.

Anyone who has large amounts of bitcoin and doesn't store it on cold storage deserves what they get. I only have 6 bitcoins not in cold storage.

Also if they do shut it down in the US which I doubt it will just make it grow like wild fire since places like Germany have already adopted it.

ADevilYouKhow

Rhyme Reason
Daps
Reppin
got a call for three nines
Anyone who has large amounts of bitcoin and doesn't store it on cold storage deserves what they get. I only have 6 bitcoins not in cold storage.

Also if they do shut it down in the US which I doubt it will just make it grow like wild fire since places like Germany have already adopted it.
You have an answer for everything dont you?

Bernie Madoff

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Otisville, Federal Correctional Institution
_70999471_70999470.jpg
Related Stories

HEY! He said he was sorry. :skip:

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Hey guys hows 100% roi would have sounded? Do not buy now though.

deaddd

Rookie
Daps
Hey guys hows 100% roi would have sounded? Do not buy now though.

talk about killing my action. you have no plausible reasoning as to why not to buy now though. a guy just bought 900k worth at $256.00 it will be a while before they dip below that price again...

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
talk about killing my action. you have no plausible reasoning as to why not to buy now though. a guy just bought 900k worth at $256.00 it will be a while before they dip below that price again...

Ehhhh some people might be rich enough for it at the moment. Its to rich for my blood. I have coins in the. Whats cool though if you own 21 coins you would basically have 1 dollar out of every million dollars ever printed.

deaddd

Rookie
Daps
Twitter just went public and is nice for $30 or less IMO so yeah you're right but you can buy fractions of BTC you don't have to purchase a full one. Don't have $30 to throw down on 0.1?

Dooby

إن شاء الله
Daps

You killed it yourself by mentioning your buy price. You don't do that.

irishfury

Get Money Gang
Daps
Twitter just went public and is nice for $30 or less IMO so yeah you're right but you can buy fractions of BTC you don't have to purchase a full one. Don't have $30 to throw down on 0.1?
You killed it yourself by mentioning your buy price. You don't do that.

Kylefall send me a pm. I am owner of one of the largest bitcoin local trading platforms.