Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
everyone knows the fed prints money. if they and other central banks can conspire and gang bang bitcoin and print money for the sole purpose of cornering it so that it doesn't take off.
so what if the price goes up... eventually the holders will have to sell. even if they don't, they can buy enough bitcoin to keep it underground and their experts agents just keep on talking down on it in the media.
i have to come to the conclusion that fiat money at this piont is too big to fail. 2014 was the year of bitcoin and look... $379.

the lies worked. and they'll keep working. worked back in the 1900's at the creation of the federal reserve and even in 2014 the next big thing when it was the year of bitcoin.
the chinese didn't even just ignore it like the banksters. they out right and banned it:mindblown: :why::what::damn::sadbron:

china never banned it. it's arguably the biggest Bitcoin market right now.

no, the holders do not have to sell eventually. and no they cannot buy enough bitcoins to keep it underground. A Bitcoin economy could run off 1 bitcoin.

2014 was not necessarily supposed to be the year of Bitcoin. I sure hoped it would've been but there are always a correction after a big bubble. We are currently at the bottom of this correction, or close.

There will be another bubble, much bigger than the previous ones

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
In other news Bitcoin is down $40+ since my post last week. Buy buy buy
Luddite.jpg

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
china never banned it. it's arguably the biggest Bitcoin market right now.

no, the holders do not have to sell eventually. and no they cannot buy enough bitcoins to keep it underground. A Bitcoin economy could run off 1 bitcoin.

2014 was not necessarily supposed to be the year of Bitcoin. I sure hoped it would've been but there are always a correction after a big bubble. We are currently at the bottom of this correction, or close.

There will be another bubble, much bigger than the previous ones
Your Call, Jack Ma: Will Alibaba Accept Bitcoin?

It will now be interesting to see whether the company’s management will take the initiative to start accepting bitcoin. One of Alibaba’s major marketplaces, Taobao, previously allowed merchants to sell bitcoins, as well as computers chips that help “mine” the virtual currency.

But when the Chinese government implemented new regulations banning financial institutions in the country from handling the currency, the e-commerce giant complied.

Apart from Alibaba, the Baidu search engine – also known as the “Google of China” – started accepting bitcoin payments last October. Baidu opened payments in the virtual currency for its Jiasule service segment, which assists in improving the speed and performance of websites. However, it followed in Alibaba’s stead, banning the virtual currency.

It remains to be seen whether Alibaba will adopt this option amid increasing regulatory scrutiny from the Chinese government. Regulators, of course, have argued that bitcoin poses a major threat to China’s capital control systems and financial stability.

Bitcoin proponents suggest that the size of bitcoin space is not large enough to affect adversely China’s financial stability.

Keeping aside the risks associated with bitcoins, this could be the perfect time for Alibaba to incorporate this option for its users. Given the growing hype and enthusiasm of its IPO, it would not come as a surprise if Jack Ma goes ahead and announces that the e-commerce retailing company will now be accepting bitcoins for payments.

However, if Alibaba does go ahead and incorporate bitcoin on its platforms, it will be an interesting irony considering that the fall in bitcoin’s price today was because of investors pulling their funds out of their digital currency wallets in order to get a piece of Alibaba stock. The price of bitcoin on the BTC exchange fell by almost 11% to around $404.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/25963-your-call-jack-ma-will-alibaba-accept-bitcoin/2/

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Your Call, Jack Ma: Will Alibaba Accept Bitcoin?

It will now be interesting to see whether the company’s management will take the initiative to start accepting bitcoin. One of Alibaba’s major marketplaces, Taobao, previously allowed merchants to sell bitcoins, as well as computers chips that help “mine” the virtual currency.

But when the Chinese government implemented new regulations banning financial institutions in the country from handling the currency, the e-commerce giant complied.

Apart from Alibaba, the Baidu search engine – also known as the “Google of China” – started accepting bitcoin payments last October. Baidu opened payments in the virtual currency for its Jiasule service segment, which assists in improving the speed and performance of websites. However, it followed in Alibaba’s stead, banning the virtual currency.

It remains to be seen whether Alibaba will adopt this option amid increasing regulatory scrutiny from the Chinese government. Regulators, of course, have argued that bitcoin poses a major threat to China’s capital control systems and financial stability.

Bitcoin proponents suggest that the size of bitcoin space is not large enough to affect adversely China’s financial stability.

Keeping aside the risks associated with bitcoins, this could be the perfect time for Alibaba to incorporate this option for its users. Given the growing hype and enthusiasm of its IPO, it would not come as a surprise if Jack Ma goes ahead and announces that the e-commerce retailing company will now be accepting bitcoins for payments.

However, if Alibaba does go ahead and incorporate bitcoin on its platforms, it will be an interesting irony considering that the fall in bitcoin’s price today was because of investors pulling their funds out of their digital currency wallets in order to get a piece of Alibaba stock. The price of bitcoin on the BTC exchange fell by almost 11% to around $404.

http://www.bidnessetc.com/25963-your-call-jack-ma-will-alibaba-accept-bitcoin/2/

of course it's a concern for China.

still, chinese exchanges are the ones with the most trading volume everyday.

reminder: you can never truly ban Bitcoin, there will always be an on-ramp

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mother Russia & Greater Israel
and what is @Ill right about other than Bitcoin has been going down for awhile?

any intelligent insight to share with us?

1) That you've made less than $100 profit. In fact, by my calculations, you are in the hole for quite a bit right now. Hows that negative ROI treating you?
2) That Bitcoin is a vastly over-inflated bubble
3) That the technological adaptation of BTC is no where near where it needs to be to make any significant difference in the financial markets
4) That you're in denial. Please see the psychological chart I keep posting.
5) That you keep losing and I keep having ammo to make fun of you with.
6) That you're a blind pumper and people that followed your advice in the last few months have lost money
7) That I make great lists shytting on you

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
1) That you've made less than $100 profit. In fact, by my calculations, you are in the hole for quite a bit right now. Hows that negative ROI treating you?
2) That Bitcoin is a vastly over-inflated bubble
3) That the technological adaptation of BTC is no where near where it needs to be to make any significant difference in the financial markets
4) That you're in denial. Please see the psychological chart I keep posting.
5) That you keep losing and I keep having ammo to make fun of you with.
6) That you're a blind pumper and people that followed your advice in the last few months have lost money
7) That I make great lists shytting on you

i said intelligent :what:

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Serious question, why are you so adamant about buying up bit coins. At some point you have to realize that maybe you're wrong and you should wait it out and get in for a 50% discount.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Serious question, why are you so adamant about buying up bit coins. At some point you have to realize that maybe you're wrong and you should wait it out and get in for a 50% discount.

Because I don't believe I am wrong, no matter the price.

Yes I may have been wrong to jump in at the top in December. Sure, in hindsight I could've waited to get in.

Fact is, unless there are any changes to the fundamentals, I will keep buying, even if it goes down to 100$

Why? Because of risk & reward. Bitcoin is one of the rare binary outcome investment in the market today. I risk to lose 100% of my investement, but if I'm right, I stand to grow it by 1000%.

There are a number of fundamentals that explain the market's dynamics at the moment.

You see the price going down.

I see the number of daily transactions growing, the hashrate of the network growing exponentially (this means literally millions of dollars invested into mining gear), merchant adoption speeding up, ATMs popping all over the world, close to 200 millions in VC this year alone, established entrepreneurs and some of the smartest people in finance, technology, abandoning their career for new Bitcoin ventures.

I see governments around the world scared shytless of the potential of Bitcoin. Some outright banning it, others putting out glowing report about the consequences of this new technology.

No amount of bad news has justified the down trend we are in. It simply the market in action, shaking weak hands out of their coins while those who can see the bigger picture accumulate at lower prices.

The infrastructure continues to grow at a steady rate. Again, the price correction following a bubble is perfectly normal. 2 bubbles ago the price went from a high of 32$ to 1.50$. Should people have followed the advice you are giving me now and waited it out? In the grand scheme of things, does it matter if they bought at 32$, 15$ or 1$. Sure they may have gotten more bang for their bucks but considering the growth we have experienced, it makes little difference.

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Because I don't believe I am wrong, no matter the price.

Yes I may have been wrong to jump in at the top in December. Sure, in hindsight I could've waited to get in.

Fact is, unless there are any changes to the fundamentals, I will keep buying, even if it goes down to 100$

Why? Because of risk & reward. Bitcoin is one of the rare binary outcome investment in the market today. I risk to lose 100% of my investement, but if I'm right, I stand to grow it by 1000%.

There are a number of fundamentals that explain the market's dynamics at the moment.

You see the price going down.

I see the number of daily transactions growing, the hashrate of the network growing exponentially (this means literally millions of dollars invested into mining gear), merchant adoption speeding up, ATMs popping all over the world, close to 200 millions in VC this year alone, established entrepreneurs and some of the smartest people in finance, technology, abandoning their career for new Bitcoin ventures.

I see governments around the world scared shytless of the potential of Bitcoin. Some outright banning it, others putting out glowing report about the consequences of this new technology.

No amount of bad news has justified the down trend we are in. It simply the market in action, shaking weak hands out of their coins while those who can see the bigger pictures accumulate at lower prices.

The infrastructure continues to grow at a steady rate. Again, the price correction following a bubble is perfectly normal. 2 bubbles ago the price went from a high of 32$ to 1.50$. Should people have followed the advice you are giving me now and waited it out? In the grand scheme of things, does it matter if they bought at 32$, 15$ or 1$. Sure they may have gotten more bang for their bucks but considering the growth we have experienced, it makes little difference.

Wow, you are more delusional that I thought. All of those great points you make yet the PPS still goes down. In the real markets, thats a tell. You are being taken for all of your money and you are so far in denial that you can't see it.

"I will keep buying, even if it goes down to 100$". This is the epitome of your arrogance and stupidity. You are WILLINGLY buying a depreciating asset on the *hopes* that it will one day give you a 1000% return. Smack yourself breh. You need a reality check. You should really put all of your effort that you waste on a shyt product like BTC and use it on the real market. I think you would find way more success there.

And seriously, you should re-read all of your posts and open your eyes to how in denial you really are. "Because I don't believe I am wrong, no matter the price."

Price matters breh. A lot. If you can't see that, you should step aside until your head is less cloudy.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
Wow, you are more delusional that I thought. All of those great points you make yet the PPS still goes down. In the real markets, thats a tell. You are being taken for all of your money and you are so far in denial that you can't see it.

"I will keep buying, even if it goes down to 100$". This is the epitome of your arrogance and stupidity. You are WILLINGLY buying a depreciating asset on the *hopes* that it will one day give you a 1000% return. Smack yourself breh. You need a reality check. You should really put all of your effort that you waste on a shyt product like BTC and use it on the real market. I think you would find way more success there.

And seriously, you should re-read all of your posts and open your eyes to how in denial you really are. "Because I don't believe I am wrong, no matter the price."

Price matters breh. A lot. If you can't see that, you should step aside until your head is less cloudy.

Hey, he believes in the technology behind Bitcoin. Why bring him down?

ill

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Hey, he believes in the technology behind Bitcoin. Why bring him down?

Theres a HUGE difference in believing in the technology behind the product versus the investment opportunities that that technology presents. Why are you advocating spending $1000 on a single BTC a few months back when you can get that same exact technology today for a 60% discount.