Official CryptoCurrency Thread (Bitcoin, Litecoin, Ethereum & More)

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
i saw the newegg bitcoin discount for korean made laptops and external hard drives.
ebay/ebay sellers too have been going crazy with deals lately probably cause of alibaba's come up. alibaba got the game shook.
once alibaba goes bitcoin it's a wrap for ebay.
but that's bad for some of us on ebay..

ebay is going to adopt bitcoin by next year anyway

无名的

Superstar
Daps
I had $200 in profit I made on Bitcoin sitting on BTC-e forever. I just threw it into PPC at $0.80 for the hell of it and put a limit at $0.86 overnight, while I slept. shyt tanked. I forgot Bitcoin even existed until an article I read said it touched into the $300s (:flabbynsick:)with the reason possibly being the BABA IPO. I checked the prices and saw PPC doubled and my god damn order filled for like a $5 profit instead of $200.

:noah:

But Bitcoin is so flabby right now.

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
I had $200 in profit I made on Bitcoin sitting on BTC-e forever. I just threw it into PPC at $0.80 for the hell of it and put a limit at $0.86 overnight, while I slept. shyt tanked. I forgot Bitcoin even existed until an article I read said it touched into the $300s (:flabbynsick:)with the reason possibly being the BABA IPO. I checked the prices and saw PPC doubled and my god damn order filled for like a $5 profit instead of $200.

:noah:

But Bitcoin is so flabby right now.

I bought at $430 thinking the price would increase :mjlol: pure greed since I could of bought at $390 lol

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
https://www.paypal-community.com/t5/PayPal-Forward/PayPal-and-Virtual-Currency/ba-p/828230

PayPal is excited about all the innovations taking place in payments these days. More choices in how people create value, share it, buy, sell and trade it – that’s exactly what PayPal is all about. And we believe Bitcoin offers unique opportunities as more people and businesses experiment with it. We are excited to work with businesses and business models that allow us to offer new experiences and the trusted service our customers expect. We hope to do more with Bitcoin as its ecosystem continues to evolve.

Kritic

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
just cause paypal/ebay talk about it doesn't mean it's gonna happen. i'm sure the people at paypal knew about bitcoin years ago but it's direct competition to their existence so did nothing about it to change.

the big dogs like ebay and amazon have nothing to gain with bitcoin going mainstream. amazon barely makes any money as it is charging fees...

take newegg for example. newegg [used to] takes all sorts of payments, paypal included... then stopped taking paypal... but paypal is so mainstream ppl asked for it back and they had no choice but to take paypal payments. not sure what kinda deal paypal has with big business. but like ups shipping has with big business, i assume they give big business a nice cut. or they should for their own existence.

but paypal is/was too greedy trying to squeeze every penny out of every transaction that's why a lot of small businesses want an alternative payment method.

it's interesting to see bitcoin develop to the mainstream...

https://blockchain.info/wallet/paypal-vs-bitcoin

http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-versus-paypal-comparison-2013-12
chartoftheday_1681_daily_transaction_volume_of_payment_networks_n.jpg

http://techliberation.com/2013/12/0...coin-when-paypal-or-visa-work-perfectly-well/
comment posts..
people tried donating to wikileaks with credit card and paypal, how did that turn out.

question: is wikileaks good, or bad? answer: doesnt matter, because visa, mastercard and paypal made that decision for you :smile:
I friend of my wife has a small second hand clothes shop. Her bank sent her a message that her card terminal is EndOfLife, she has to buy a new one. Costs: 800 eu (1100 usd). That is a lot of money for her. She'd love to do bitcoin-only business.
Moral: look at (small) shop-side, more than consumer side.

Last edited:

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Gonna make my obligatory "Bitcoin is for trading not for investing" post again....

If you make some bread off of it cool, just remember this shyt is not backed by anything and if it call comes crashing down anyone who has put major money in it will regret it.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
just cause paypal/ebay talk about it doesn't mean it's gonna happen. i'm sure the people at paypal knew about bitcoin years ago but it's direct competition to their existence so did nothing about it to change.

the big dogs like ebay and amazon have nothing to gain with bitcoin going mainstream. amazon barely makes any money as it is charging fees...

take newegg for example. newegg [used to] takes all sorts of payments, paypal included... then stopped taking paypal... but paypal is so mainstream ppl asked for it back and they had no choice but to take paypal payments. not sure what kinda deal paypal has with big business. but like ups shipping has with big business, i assume they give big business a nice cut. or they should for their own existence.

but paypal is/was too greedy trying to squeeze every penny out of every transaction that's why a lot of small businesses want an alternative payment method.

it's interesting to see bitcoin develop to the mainstream...

https://blockchain.info/wallet/paypal-vs-bitcoin
http://www.businessinsider.com/bitcoin-versus-paypal-comparison-2013-12
http://techliberation.com/2013/12/0...coin-when-paypal-or-visa-work-perfectly-well/

comment posts..

You must be kidding, Ebay is a special case because they own Paypal so obviously Bitcoin is a competitor to their service but Amazon should be licking their chops at something like Bitcoin.

Minimal transaction costs. NO CHARGEBACKS. Do you have any idea how much Amazon must spend/lose every year because of fraud protection and chargebacks ?

The guys are Ebay/Paypal surely are some damn smart people. They recognize the Bitcoin threat and fully acknowledge its disruptive power.

They will eventually have no choice but to adapt. Ultimately it will cut down on their bottom line because once Bitcoin gets rolling they will not be able to charge the transaction fees they are used to. What they will have to do is imitate other important Bitcoin processors such as Coinbase/Bitpay/Circle and offer Bitcoin wallets and services. My guess is they will end up acquiring one of these.

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Gonna make my obligatory "Bitcoin is for trading not for investing" post again....

If you make some bread off of it cool, just remember this shyt is not backed by anything and if it call comes crashing down anyone who has put major money in it will regret it.

Bitcoin is money.

Money, fundamentally, has never been backed by anything other than its uses as a store of value,currency & unit of account.

For better understanding :

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps

let me add

when the USD comes crashing down, anyone who has put major money in it will regret it

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
Bitcoin is money.

Money, fundamentally, has never been backed by anything other than its uses as a store of value,currency & unit of account.

For better understanding :

Like I said...if you make some bread off of BTC cool....but the dudes putting their savings and shyt into this NOW? They are in for a rude awakening.

Trust me breh, I love BTC...some of my most satisfied purchases over the past few years has been paid for with BTC :mjpls:

heisenburrr

Have Fun Staying Poor
Daps
Like I said...if you make some bread off of BTC cool....but the dudes putting their savings and shyt into this NOW? They are in for a rude awakening.

Trust me breh, I love BTC...some of my most satisfied purchases over the past few years has been paid for with BTC :mjpls:

oh, should we wait until it's mainstream?

what rude awakening are you suggesting? what exactly will cause it to come crashing down?

it's cool you've used BTC. but you clearly don't understand it.

Bitcoin is an hedge against fiat currencies. I will take back what I wrote, it is not an investment. Simply a way to opt out of the evil fiat monetary system which should come crashing down soon enough.

Again, people are putting all their savings into an hyperinflated USD, you don't see any problem with that ?