OFFICIAL CREOLE THREAD: Hey, Let's Talk About Creoles (Louisiana Creoles)

Daps
Mixed people aren't full Black, but they still have Black in them. Just like how most African-Americans have mixed blood in them. For me, my mother's side of the family had Cherokee and I think some native in them. However, my mother's parents was Black her father and mother. Well, her mother was West Indian (aka Black). However, we still classify ourselves as Black.

Contribute to the thread or bounce :camby:
no we don't and even the minority that do are still predominately black/ have no recent admixture :stopitslime:as far as creoles go i'm from Lousiana though not a city were they are known to have a significant creole population but from my understanding today creoles are Native American status(out of sight and and out of mind)..i could be wrong but i think alof of these mutts were absorb by the greater AA population/by marrying black/procreating black and thus lost their creole traditions and mutt bloodlines in the process.

i went to college in a town known for it's historical creole population though outside of this one lady i had a class with that i suspect was creole(though she could have been just lightskin sister i didn't notice any.there are a couple of high yellow mixed bread looking families in my neighborhood one of which obviously comes from old money and has one of the bigger/nicer homes in my hood that i suspect are creole but have no proof....the other stay in a smaller but still one of the nicer homes in my hood but the mom is a tatted up rachert whom used to work at a fastfood i patronized so even if they creole don't look like they inherited that old house nikka wealth.:yeshrug:even when i went to NO with a friend i didn't notice any creoles...by and large they are irrelevant to the black community at large which is a good thing:manny:

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
no we don't and even the minority that do are still predominately black/ have no recent admixture :stopitslime:as far as creoles go i'm from Lousiana though not a city were they are known to have a significant creole population but from my understanding today creoles are Native American status(out of sight and and out of mind)..i could be wrong but i think alof of these mutts were absorb by the greater AA population/by marrying black/procreating black and thus lost their creole traditions and mutt bloodlines in the process.

i went to college in a town known for it's historical creole population though outside of this one lady i had a class with that i suspect was creole(though she could have been just lightskin sister i didn't notice any.there are a couple of high yellow mixed bread looking families in my neighborhood one of which obviously comes from old money and has one of the bigger/nicer homes in my hood that i suspect are creole but have no proof....the other stay in a smaller but still one of the nicer homes in my hood but the mom is a tatted up rachert whom used to work at a fastfood i patronized so even if they creole don't look like they inherited that old house nikka wealth.:yeshrug:even when i went to NO with a friend i didn't notice any creoles...by and large they are irrelevant to the black community at large which is a good thing:manny:
Thanks for sharing that man because I didn't even know that. Also, it's great that our people were procreating with each other.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston
They are black. They are melaninated. Simple genetics

Look at what he says, (and he is mixed as well):
There's a term called "erasure" and it's valid. I don't think brehs of my tone should be the prime representatives of black people. There's been a movement to gradually lighten, weaken, and separate us since we got here.
It worked in Australia. It worked with Native Americans. Hispanics are the result of it.

^^^Light skinned black is an oxymoron

KOohbt

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Look at what he says, (and he is mixed as well):

^^^Light skinned black is an oxymoron
Ur reading comp is bad. Real bad. I never said they were the ideal rep of black people. I said they are melanin people..... Which is what black people are...they jir have less but they can't be white becuase of the melanin. Read Frances Cress Welsing, breh.

SirReginald

The African Diaspora Will Be "ONE" (#PanAfricana)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Pan Africanism
Ur reading comp is bad. Real bad. I never said they were the ideal rep of black people. I said they are melanin people..... Which is what black people are...they jir have less but they can't be white becuase of the melanin. Read Frances Cress Welsing, breh.
There's a reason why he has a -3,490 rep breh and it shows. I feel that breh is ignorant and naive in a lot of ways.

Michael9100

The Coli
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
houston

Dravidians have melanin and yet they aren't black.... Light skin "black" people are in reality just mixed race people; like the majority of Dominicans, Brazilians, Arabs and coloureds, they even look the same! .... yellowish skin

Sick Boy

Banned
Daps
Dravidians have melanin and yet they aren't black.... Light skin "black" people are in reality just mixed race people; like the majority of Dominicans, Brazilians, Arabs and coloureds, they even look the same! .... yellowish skin
What about light skinned people who have dark skinned parents and siblings:jbhmm:Are they two different races?

And are you Jamaican?:jbhmm:

Sick Boy

Banned
Daps
"White supremacy" created the one drop rule.......... How much sense does it make to say that someone with a white parent and a black parent is the same as someone with two black parents..?
In America if you look like you have black in you, then you will be described as black:manny:That's just the way we do things:yeshrug:You can be described as black but still officially be recognized as bi-racial