Official Coming 2 America Thread

The Intergalactic Koala

Reporting for Duty
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Koalabama and the Cosmos
:francis:Okay here's the verdict.,,,

The movie is okay at best. Its not a trainwreck but more of a 'Where are they now" type of affair. Its a shame that Wesley did not have a bigger role in the movie because he damn near made this flick worth watching once it got into the "son" aspect which was wall head banging annoying as all hell:camby:. They really should had just did something more, like focus on the struggle between Wesley and Eddie, along with the oldest daughter trying to figure out who to turn to. Lesley Jones can fukk the entire off with her non funny ass:camby:.

If they would had focus strongly on the power struggle and the daughter, this movie would be its own thing besides a "REMEMBER THIS:damn::damn::lupe::lupe:", it would have been a pretty good flick in its own way.

Sadly the flick is drown by "remember this", the son being a anchor to the entire flick, overdrawn random scenes, and lack of direction for the overall movie.

5/10:shaq2:

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
This movie was dope and anyone saying otherwise went into this looking for flaws. It maintained the original story and brought back some of the jokes from part one. The acting was on point. The story was decent. Overall a good comedy, and without the swearing of the original(not that I mind) but that makes this one more family friendly. And yes, Snipes killed this shyt.

Edit - The funeral had me dying.

Last edited:

daboywonder2002

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
minnesota
I liked it. They expanded the lore and brought back as much of the old cast as possible. They even brought back the goddamn saxophone player from Sexual Chocolate in the first movie and Peaches and Sugar Cube. Wesley Snipes was probably the funniest character aside from the barbers. The women were all fine as hell. Lisa aged the best by far. She looked amazing.

Here are the negatives though:

- Zero mention of Darryl or Patrice. They must've had some kind of falling out or something. The movie referenced all kinds of random side characters from the first movie but leave them two out?

- The name of General Izzi's country is "Nextdooria" wtf? They could've done better than that.

- Too many random celebrity cameos. TF does Rick Ross need to be in here for? It wasn't distracting at least.

Overall it was a fun movie and I was lowkey emotional at certain points. I don't think there was any way this movie was gonna match the original. I'm such a big fan though, so I was gonna enjoy it for what it was anyway.

fukk it let's do a trilogy.

It made no sense to mention Darryl. I think they tried to get Patrice to do the movie. I guess she lives a normal life. i can't find any info on her at all. Social media, google, nothing.

threattonature

Veteran
Daps
It was solid. Had a few laugh out loud parts, the biggest weakness was that the son was not funny at all which brings the whole movie down.. I'll probably check it once more. Randy Watson still gets me.

Daps
There is no way those barbershop men would still be alive.

But if anyone watched Fuller House, it has the same vibe. The story isn’t that great, but you appreciate the nostalgia.