Official Coming 2 America Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
This is on Eddie for it not being very good to great.

Should have let Coogler have a shot at it or bring in another talented black director.

Coming to America works because John Landis was one of the great directors in the 80s and he was in a tough spot so he had to let Eddie cook more.

This needed a fresh director/approach. Not Craig Brewer and Kenya Barris.

Still enjoyable, but for this amount of talent on-screen, it should be better.

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
I enjoyed watching it cause I love these characters and like what they did with them. But i didn’t find it that funny. Way too reliant on callbacks, including a couple egregious ones in the end.

Comedy sequels are tough cause it turns into a greatest hits album and people want the hits not the new shyt. And I think that mentally held the movie back from going new places. It works thematically especially in context of the first one but it’s just not that funny.

that said I don’t think it’s possible to do a sequel to this that’s going to please everyone. At all. No way to capture lighting in a bottle twice. This is probably the best version of this that could’ve existed.

And maybe it’s just me but the PG13 shyt doesn’t help either.

Lord Scion

Quality Games
Supporter
Daps
Was it the original? Hell no
Was it enjoyable? Yeah

Me and the kid got laughs outta it & Lisa McDowel is still :noah: to me

Pretty much my thoughts. Nowhere near the OG but still makes an enjoyable experience.

I don’t fukking care, I clapped when Randy ”GOAT” Watson appeared :wow:

JayStarwind

Superstar
Daps
It was OK. You'd think it'd be better produced with the amount of star-power they have. All of the women look amazing :shaq: