Official Coli Gardening Thread..Vegetables/Fruits/Herbs/Spices..Freshest Thread Ever

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I ended up ordering soil directly from Miracle Gro, but that was 2 weeks ago, and they just sent the shipped email on Friday, so it’s going to be a while.

I read that rubber mulch is actually good because you’ll get less weeds. So I bought a bag of that from Lowe’s while standing in a long ass line spaced apart.

Rubber mulch has a bunch of chemicals in it , keep it away fro your veggie garden beds

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
:jbhmm: What about diatomaceous earth? Does that really work?

I had to get my soil from Amazon. :martin:

The jury is still out on mulch. Does anybody here have experience with colored mulch? It can get really windy here at times (ie, possible tornado here today :beli:) and them lil wood chips ain't gon cut it. So i started looking at rocks, saw they come in colors, researched effects, etc.

I was thinking about the white rocks (+shade) for greens; red rocks for peppers and tomatoes (supposedly increases production). :jbhmm:

diatomaceous is great, i started using it early last year and wont ever go without it again, i put on my tomatoes and kale, i actually put it on everything but concentrate on tomatoes and kales, especially once they are established , keep in mind it kills almost all "bugs" so if you like butterflys etc around your garden it will keep those away too

i use mulch to keep weeds away from around my garden but obviously never inside the garden, mulch with "preen" is supposed to be best for it, but you want to again use it around ur garden never inside of it

rubber mulch like i commented to the other post has a ton of chemicals in it, stuff is good for industrial applications since it never looses color , never degrades etc, but you want to keep away from anywhere basically where humans will be on a regular

newworldafro

DeeperThanRapBiggerThanHH
Daps
Reppin
In the Silver Lining
Garden confessions: Sometimes I’m afraid to pick my tomatoes b/c I see some pretty scary looking mofos on em.:damn:

I hate bugs:mjcry:

Garden Confessions :pachaha:Dope.

#gardenconfessions
When I put my hand in the soil, I get extra relaxed, the feel of soil is damn near hypnotically peaceful. Might get me a pot of dirt and sit in front of TV and just chill.:wow:, singing "Love It"

Last edited:

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
4BglYsu.jpg

MY LIL BABIES.

MR. SNIFLES

**** YOU THUNDAAAAAAAAAAH
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
THUNDER BUDDIES
Any brehs got tips on making an herb garden? All I got is an apartment so outside of a few plants I really want to get a herb garden growing in kitchen.

GONNA DO THIS IN MY LIVING ROOM WINDOW.

IM HOPING BY NEXT YEAR TO GROW ENOUGH VEGETABLES TO COMPLETELY CUT OUT BUYING VEGGIES FROM THE STORE.

Last edited: