Official Coli Bike/Cycling thread

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County

Seems like a dope trail. I guess I never consider mountain bike trails could look like this, I was used to the type like down in North Miami Beach at Oleta River. Lot of switchbacks, super uneven rocky paths, sharp ass broken branches everywhere.

Wish I had thought to seek out trails more like this when I still had my bike.

WTFisWallace?

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Dade County

Motife43

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
ATL
I got one of these mid-pandemic.

FB-20A-SPD50-BLK-AA_V1_05_01_2019_2048x.jpg

I usually hop on one of the paved trails around Atlanta once a week for an hour to switch up my workouts and just zone out and listen to music. The most I've done in one ride was 21 miles (roundtrip) last month. But just trying to work my way up to attempt a ride to the Alabama border (60 miles)

Looking forward to browsing thru the thread and seeing yall bikes and convo

Last edited:
Daps
I've been wanting a Trek bike as of late for occasional commuting. Also, isn't it said you shouldn't be listening to music while riding?

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I've been wanting a Trek bike as of late for occasional commuting. Also, isn't it said you shouldn't be listening to music while riding?

You're not supposed to listen to music or podcasts or shyt while working out.

If the clips for the squat rack or bench, slipped or somehow wiggled loose and fell to the floor, you'd need to hear that. With any machine, if there's a pop, click, grinding, hell even your own body might make a noise or someone else.

It sucks because I ride and run on trails and it's required to announce yourself when passing, also just good trail etiquette. A lot of people listen with just one ear bud or don't have noise cancelling so you can hear them pass either running or riding.

If anything happens to your bike, there's going to be some audible sound associated with it.

You kind of make the choice if you want to be listening or not. Having headphone or an external speaker isnt wrong or bad. Just make sure you're doing your part and announcing your presence.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
You're not supposed to listen to music or podcasts or shyt while working out.

If the clips for the squat rack or bench, slipped or somehow wiggled loose and fell to the floor, you'd need to hear that. With any machine, if there's a pop, click, grinding, hell even your own body might make a noise or someone else.

It sucks because I ride and run on trails and it's required to announce yourself when passing, also just good trail etiquette. A lot of people listen with just one ear bud or don't have noise cancelling so you can hear them pass either running or riding.

If anything happens to your bike, there's going to be some audible sound associated with it.

You kind of make the choice if you want to be listening or not. Having headphone or an external speaker isnt wrong or bad. Just make sure you're doing your part and announcing your presence.

I've never used earphones when i'm on my bike, I got a JBL clip 3 thats loud(when theres not much traffic) enough for me to enjoy but not disturb others since i'm constantly in motion.

also I think it's illegal to have both earphones in your ears while riding a bike in NYC.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I got the mountain bike.

It has a gouge on the frame that was under the cardboard and shyt they wrapped around it for shipping.

That's pretty upsetting. It will also hurt my resell value.

So tomorrow I gotta call these fools and argue.

My plan was to assemble the bike tonight, dial in the settings and do some test riding. Wake up tomorrow, do a test ride and calibrate. Then just enjoy riding.

Now I gotta deal with bullshyt and argue.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

For anyone watching the ride starts near the 8 min mark.

That road isn’t bad but the camera picks up all the vibration because it’s mounted to the bike instead of like, a chest mount. It wouldn’t really be a problem if it was a GoPro or something. But I think this was with a phone and it probably doesn’t have stabilization.

Anyway I saw the pics of the bike in an earlier post. It’s absolutely beautiful. I just wish the shipping wasn’t so reckless.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
For anyone watching the ride starts near the 8 min mark.

That road isn’t bad but the camera picks up all the vibration because it’s mounted to the bike instead of like, a chest mount. It wouldn’t really be a problem if it was a GoPro or something. But I think this was with a phone and it probably doesn’t have stabilization.

Anyway I saw the pics of the bike in an earlier post. It’s absolutely beautiful. I just wish the shipping wasn’t so reckless.

Good look.

It took me forever to get out there. I didn't fully assemble the bike because I figured I'd ship it back or whatever. I just said fukk it. Put it together. It started to rain I put the bike up and those clouds passed so I loaded it back up.

I haven't calibrated the front or rear suspension. But it's a good ride. Dropper post works great. I need that on all my bikes. Just drop the seat and attack.

I'll calibrate it throughout the week.

I did this live via my phone so it's bouncy.