bnew

Veteran
Daps

full

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Just hit the mountain bike trail with my nephew. shyt was fun as hell. I took one jump and don't know how but I ended up turning the handlebars and landing sideways. He was right behind me and did the same thing and landed on top of me we were both :dead: :deadrose: and laughing. No injuries.

Good fukking time. I got itched up by some poison oak but it goes away after 2-3 minutes. Sweating makes it worse. The worst part of that is it sticks to your clothes then you rub your hand on your shirt then rub your neck and your neck is itchy.

I busted a spoke but that's a simple repair. I figure if you don't fall, almost get hurt, break something (on the bike) then you probably didn't go hard enough.

Good time with family. Doing something productive.

Now I'm about to hit the regular bike trail with my son for a couple hours. Was gonna take him mountain biking but he doesn't have enough experience under the wheels. He knows how to ride and rides but he does mostly on trail and streets. Doesn't jump curbs or anything. So we are gonna work on that.

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
is it possible to turn your mountainbike into an electric one? I currently have a CCM joint

I seen a chic in my work building take the battery off hers and her bike was a Shimano brand :jbhmm:

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
is it possible to turn your mountainbike into an electric one? I currently have a CCM joint

I seen a chic in my work building take the battery off hers and her bike was a Shimano brand :jbhmm:

Yes. There are kits you can buy on Amazon that bolt, strap and zip tie to whatever bike you have and that bike becomes electric.

They aren't super expensive either.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Bought a single speed bike off a guy a couple years ago. Needed new wheels bad.

Finally
Real talk, good on you for getting a helmet. Too many people think helmets are corny, ain’t nothing corny about cracking your damn head open. I’m trying to get my brother to wear one:snoop:

Wild thing is, is not even like the 90s anymore. There’s some good looking helmets out there now.

What kind brands we talking about?

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
eBike subsidies got yanked from the Tax Credit Climate Bill even though it was in the initial Build Back Better Bill... fukk Manchin :pacspit:

There's still hope down the road though according to the article.

I can freely admit, it will be a shytshow initially if/when eBikes get heavily subsidized and every Joe Blow takes advantage of it. I'd imagine a short-term spike in cycling-related deaths and stuff, but in the long run... :banderas:. It could really push cities to re-imagine (transportation) infrastructure

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
ok bike brehs, I’ve been commuting to work.

Couple days out the week and I love it.

low key I’m paranoid that someone was going to snatch my bike off the city bus rack

I know it sounds silly but that’s exactly what I would do if I was homeless and desperate :heh:

Are there any kind of wheel locks or anti teft surprise locks I can use?

I need something that will keep a thief from wheeling off and so I can catch him and give him the BEATS

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Generally people seem to love Kryptonite locks.

From what I’ve read, if you get a chain lock it’s better to leave it at the bike rack where you intend to lock it every day. Because it’s probably too heavy to carry with you as you ride.

That’s probably true with U locks or D locks (whichever name you prefer) but I don’t know.

Is there anything to lock a wheel? I don’t think so. Any cable lock can just be cut.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
ok bike brehs, I’ve been commuting to work.

Couple days out the week and I love it.

low key I’m paranoid that someone was going to snatch my bike off the city bus rack

I know it sounds silly but that’s exactly what I would do if I was homeless and desperate :heh:

Are there any kind of wheel locks or anti teft surprise locks I can use?

I need something that will keep a thief from wheeling off and so I can catch him and give him the BEATS

Generally people seem to love Kryptonite locks.

From what I’ve read, if you get a chain lock it’s better to leave it at the bike rack where you intend to lock it every day. Because it’s probably too heavy to carry with you as you ride.

That’s probably true with U locks or D locks (whichever name you prefer) but I don’t know.

Is there anything to lock a wheel? I don’t think so. Any cable lock can just be cut.

Just take off your front wheel (quick release) and set it next to your rear wheel then run whatever lock you have through both wheels and the frame of the bike.