Daps
Just bought a mountain bike.

It's the diamondback release

d94fa352-9df9-4487-af7e-2fcbccec1fa3

This was my second choice. My first was

TopFuel5Deore_22_35071_A_Primary

I shopped around. I wanted the trek.

The trek wasn't available.

My plan is to ride this bike around a lil bit then sell it. Or maybe I'll like it and keep it :manny:

It just is what it is. I'll ride around on it and unless I fall in love I'll try to sell it locally.

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
I haven’t gone out for a ride in weeks. I was traveling and when I got back we got this crazy heat wave and I was trying to wait it out.

Today I had enough and I’m like, fukk it. If I stay on paths along the trees I should be ok. I’ll take it easy.

When am I going to fukkin learn?

97 degrees in New York today. Did I go out to ride at 5am when it was 79? That’s what a smart man would do. No. I fukkin went out at 2pm. Like an a$$hole. Sun blazing. Only 1 water bottle.

I was out in this bytch for hours. My polar heart rate monitor said I burned over 3,000 calories. There’s just something about me that I can’t go slow. I can’t take it easy and steady at a 120 heart rate. I always have to push it.

Dude I’m fukkin dead man. My hands are killing me. I need some padded gloves or something. I want to eat 8 pounds of Chinese food.

Cycling is the best. And the fukkin worst. What have I gotten myself into?

:snoop:

you in NYC? where you be biking?
i lived in Southern BK for a while and absolutely loved biking the Flatlands, Coney Island, Rockaways, Sheepshead, Canarsie... shyt, throw the bikes on a car rack and head down to the BK Bridge Park, go over the Manhattan Bridge into China Town and spend all day biking the West Side. :ahh:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you in NYC? where you be biking?
i lived in Southern BK for a while and absolutely loved biking the Flatlands, Coney Island, Rockaways, Sheepshead, Canarsie... shyt, throw the bikes on a car rack and head down to the BK Bridge Park, go over the Manhattan Bridge into China Town and spend all day biking the West Side. :ahh:
Nah I’m outside the city. I would be terrified to ride a bike in nyc. Drivers don’t give a damn. You need spidey sense to ride with those savages.

blacka5

Pro
Daps
Just bought a mountain bike.

It's the diamondback release

d94fa352-9df9-4487-af7e-2fcbccec1fa3

This was my second choice. My first was

TopFuel5Deore_22_35071_A_Primary

I shopped around. I wanted the trek.

The trek wasn't available.

My plan is to ride this bike around a lil bit then sell it. Or maybe I'll like it and keep it :manny:

It just is what it is. I'll ride around on it and unless I fall in love I'll try to sell it locally.
you plan on taking it on local trails? that seems like a lot of bike, especially suspension wise to just be riding around on

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
you plan on taking it on local trails? that seems like a lot of bike, especially suspension wise to just be riding around on
There's a number of mountain bike trails near me.

There's one literally 1 mile away from my house.

I went on it and I want to experience what a good mountain bike with full suspension is like compared to a hardtail which I've rode many variations of.

I could've rented a bike for $50. But that process seemed cumbersome and I really gotta make time and plan a trip because they'll fit me for the bike, adjust it make sure it fits me, then I gotta go somewhere ride, bring it back.

I figure I break the bread now. Get to experience it on my own terms and worse case sell it.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
Just take off your front wheel (quick release) and set it next to your rear wheel then run whatever lock you have through both wheels and the frame of the bike.

Oh nah I’m talking about the front rack on transit bus. It uses a tension bar to hold the wheel and frame in place while the bus is in motion.

The problem is, the rack is designed for quick load and unload. If a thief wanted to they could snatch grab.

But my problem is pretty much solved. I’ve been wrapping my chain lock on the wheel, won’t prevent theft, but it will stop them from getting far.

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Oh nah I’m talking about the front rack on transit bus. It uses a tension bar to hold the wheel and frame in place while the bus is in motion.

The problem is, the rack is designed for quick load and unload. If a thief wanted to they could snatch grab.

But my problem is pretty much solved. I’ve been wrapping my chain lock on the wheel, won’t prevent theft, but it will stop them from getting far.

Your bike lock should always go through your rear wheel and your bike frame.

If you have one long enough you can lock your bike in place by weaving it through the rear wheel, frame and connecting through the front wheel.

You're better off just locking the rear wheel to the frame.

Worse case scenario or any scenario is the dude stealing your bike just picks it up, tosses it in the back of a truck and peels out. Otherwise they gonna be carrying your bike on their shoulders.

I don't know if you can lock your bike to a bus. I can see issues on both sides.

In any case locking the wheel to the frame is always best case. The thief won't get anything of value. I'd be more pissed about vandalism. Some mad mf, cutting a chain or gear/brake cables.....

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I wish my city was more dense like NY. We got a decent downtown, but I would love to try and cycle NY.

I get super jealous when I see NYC lifestyle
I follow NotJustBikes on YouTube and his videos on cycling in the Netherlands, Copenhagen and Oulu make me jealous that Europe takes cycling infrastructure far more serious than America does.

JohnStarksMiddleFinger

Benz L. Bo$$ington
Daps
Reppin
North Carolina
I follow NotJustBikes on YouTube and his videos on cycling in the Netherlands, Copenhagen and Oulu make me jealous that Europe takes cycling infrastructure far more serious than America does.

Terry Barentsen is my favorite YouTuber, but I I only watch his hotline NY series.

Im check out notjustbikes

At30wecashout

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

Gotta be honest, this video makes me want to bike through a dense area now. I don't like that people autopilot across streets though. You see cats fully with their head down looking into their phones and they are still moving around oblivious to bikers coming right at them.