Official Coli Bike/Cycling thread

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I was gonna fanagle a mount for my bike to live stream the mountain bike trail to YouTube. The likelihood of anyone seeing the live stream is low and I already snapped a mount after a test ride. The ride went well, I finished it and was just getting ready to walk in the house and tightened it one more turn and it snapped. It's a $5 mount so it's no big deal, the stability is going to be all fukk up though, so I'll just wear my bodycam and upload the footage.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I was gonna fanagle a mount for my bike to live stream the mountain bike trail to YouTube. The likelihood of anyone seeing the live stream is low and I already snapped a mount after a test ride. The ride went well, I finished it and was just getting ready to walk in the house and tightened it one more turn and it snapped. It's a $5 mount so it's no big deal, the stability is going to be all fukk up though, so I'll just wear my bodycam and upload the footage.

for putting things back together.
J-B-Weld-33120-Professional-Grade

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Anybody here knowledgeable about wheels?
I have a checkpoint and I want to get another wheelset for road riding. my LBS gave me 3 quotes from $500-1000 range.
I have all the stats and all that but honestly it don't mean anything to me outside of weight. actually the cheapest set is the lightest
these are two of the sets :

Forza wheelset centre-lock disc brake 700c 12mm

These are like the budget wheels, the carbon ones they tried to show me at first are like $1000+ EACH :picard:
any tips or recommendations?

posted about these wheels way back in early June.....just got to my LBS today :stopitslime:
i'ma switch these on and get some tubeless beefier gravel tires so hopefully i don't get pinch flats on basic ass gravel descents

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Reading some things in this thread I'm glad I live in the Netherlands. I cycle to and from work most days if the weather allows it, about an hour through farmland. Get my cardio in without even trying :blessed:

no cap, my wife has a friend who is married to a dude from rotterdam near the hague and they live there half the year, other half they live near us
i've been thinking about going over there just to ride in yall mythical bike lanes

Wildin

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
So I hit that trail tonight. The mountain bike trail. It was fun. Very fun for my first time. GPS didn't really help and I don't know the trail at all. There are markers but I'm a curious person so I'm always thinking, what's over there? There is this bridge at the end of the trail, I fell twice. Turns out there's a pathway that gives you a straight shot, the way I was coming (3x) I was coming at it at the wrong angle, wasn't able to get enough speed. I did record everything on my bodycam. I'm going to upload the footage to YouTube, I'll definitely link it here.

Because I was using my electric bike, which is technically a mountain bike, I had too much psi in my tires, because I use it for commuting, so every bounce was damn near moon physics. I was bouncing all over the place. It takes some getting used to gaining speed, clutching the brakes...plus my pedals are double sided so one side I can clip in, I definitely didn't clip it, I would have broken my legs if not my neck.

Because my bike is basically an entry tier mountain bike it doesn't have the suspension of a good mountain bike, I basically have low entry front shocks/suspension, no rear. I imagine on a dedicated mountain bike it would be a different experience. Low key I liked having the electric because it was like riding a dirt bike.

I'm gonna hit it again. I landed on my ankle falling off the bridge, I have a race Saturday morning and I'm running full sprint tomorrow so I gotta take it easy. But Im sure I'll venture out there again, it's literally 1 mile from my house. It's a different experience than road/bike trail so I'll mix it up.

One of my co-workers actually runs that trail, which is odd because he road bikes, I didn't know he ran but he drives pretty far to get to my neck of the woods and runs it. I'll add it to my list of trails.

Cheesy

All Star
Daps
Reppin
The Hometown
no cap, my wife has a friend who is married to a dude from rotterdam near the hague and they live there half the year, other half they live near us
i've been thinking about going over there just to ride in yall mythical bike lanes
That's about the same area I live at. You should check it out sometime, get out of the urban area too, maybe find a 'cycling highway', which is a long bike lane without intersections and shyt, so you can really make some speed.

bnew

Veteran
Daps
I been doing 5 minutes everyday on my stationary bike for the past 2 weeks.

That's gotta make me a card carrying member of bike gang, I'm just like y'all brehs.

:mjgrin:

giphy.gif

desjardins

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Mustard Island
Man, yall weren't lying. After changing my wheel set it feels like I have a new bike :whew:
It's supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow where I live but I have to get out to the 50 mile paved trial in Valley Forge to really enjoy the wheels, might have to wake up at 7am to get out before it gets too hot

My factory wheelset I'm changing the tires from 38 tubed to some Gravelking SKs in 700x43 tubeless over the weekend

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Bruh I've wanted to ride my bike all week but I'm not gonna do it in this heat wave.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

1. Nice ride. Wish it had audio…music or something. Was this recorded on the phone? Looks like the road was rough as hell or maybe no stabilization on the camera.

2. The video of you jumping out the plane… :damn:

It was beautiful.

But…

nope.gif

Nabs

Superstar
Daps
Man, yall weren't lying. After changing my wheel set it feels like I have a new bike :whew:
It's supposed to be 100 degrees tomorrow where I live but I have to get out to the 50 mile paved trial in Valley Forge to really enjoy the wheels, might have to wake up at 7am to get out before it gets too hot

My factory wheelset I'm changing the tires from 38 tubed to some Gravelking SKs in 700x43 tubeless over the weekend
Early morning rides :banderas: