Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Yeah, Thomas Ian Griffith (Terry Silver actor) is an official martial arts guy. You can easily tell way back in TKK3 when he's doing his kata and shyt. His kicks are still quite clean and solid at his what...60+ years of age. He the most official karate/ma main cast member throughout all of the movies and show (tho the Mike Barnes actor was also of official karate ilk), aside from Jackie Chan:patrice:, if you counting that movie:mjpls::aicmon:...which none of us do.:martin::camby:

Funny how duke completely gave up all acting and everything like over 20 years ago and they were able to pull him back in for this joint and he pulls it off effortless and bringing new dimensions to the character to boot.

dude did his own stunts from what it looks like....from his imdb

Trained Tae Kwon Do under Master Jun Chong. Besides Tae Kwon Do and Kenpo Karate, he's also trained in kickboxing, wrestling and fencing. He also has experience in stage combat.

Brian O'Conner

All Star
Daps
4 episodes in is it wrong that I'm rooting for cobra Kai to win the tournament?

The actor who plays Kreese is doing such a great job. Every scene he's bringing the heat...man's should get an Emmy for best supporting actor..he's really putting on a masterclass in acting this season

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
4 episodes in is it wrong that I'm rooting for cobra Kai to win the tournament?

The actor who plays Kreese is doing such a great job. Every scene he's bringing the heat...man's should get an Emmy for best supporting actor..he's really putting on a masterclass in acting this season
not wrong at all. one reason i love this show is all of the characters are flawed and no one is perfect

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Question about the last 2 episodes

Terry'd bribe didn't matter though, right? Sure, the ref that he paid was willing to overlook any fouls that Tory did to Sam, but Tory only did the one accidental elbow to the eye, right?

Like, Tory beat Sam fair and square, didn't she?

No
Sam got that point fair and square Tory was in bounds and slid back when she was hit

Khalil's_Black_Excellence

The King of Fighters
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
not wrong at all. one reason i love this show is all of the characters are flawed and no one is perfect

Yep. And contrast to that, even some of the most unlikeable characters, whether they're annoyingly unlikeable, a$$holes, or even outright villains, pretty much all of them have even shown some sides of context to both what makes them that way and things that go against that, at least a lil bit to show that none of them are completely yin or yang.

SOSRadio

On air
Daps
Did they make the LaRusso kids so unlikable this season so that we wouldn't feel bad about them both taking L's at the end? I mean at least the son was peer pressured and tried to apologize to lil breh Kenny (and then caught those body shots :russ:), but Sam was just needlessly fukking with Tory the entire season.

Deltron

The Return
Top Supporter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The year 3030
Did they make the LaRusso kids so unlikable this season so that we wouldn't feel bad about them both taking L's at the end? I mean at least the son was peer pressured and tried to apologize to lil breh Kenny (and then caught those body shots :russ:), but Sam was just needlessly fukking with Tory the entire season.
sam been on that ever since tory got on the scene though, so it's not totally out of nowhere

brother being a dikkhead to kenny was kinda surprising...although he been sorta dikkish at home so :yeshrug:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps

:francis: Tory did lead the assault on the LaRusso house, I wouldn't be in a rush to dead the beef with her either.

El Poyo Loco

Akrassikauda = Black Scorpion
Daps
Reppin
The 5 Boroughs
Silver did Tory no favors by fixing the final match now Tory knows she didn't earn it

Now that Silver is running CK may we see the return of Mike Barnes

The thing that kills me about CK is they still act like Daniel hasn't beaten anyone he took out most of CK in the tournament before Johnny and fought Chozen for his life

The complex characters is what makes this show watchable. Daniel had to turn into Johnny a little to get through to his son, his wife was a little badass herself.

Robbie vs Eli was the best match and nobody has still beaten Miguel

TheNatureBoy

Veteran
Daps
:francis: Tory did lead the assault on the LaRusso house, I wouldn't be in a rush to dead the beef with her either.

Yeah, reading some of the comments here I think Sam still being mad is justified :hubie:. Tory was the one who brought weapons to a Karate fight :skip: and came to her home starting shyt. Cobra Kai broke Dmitiri's arm, any retaliation that Miyagi-Do did was mild. The brother though :camby:

Having said that, they did a good job with Tory this season :ehh:

Overall I really enjoyed S4 and like some of the things they set up for next season.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Silver did Tory no favors by fixing the final match now Tory knows she didn't earn it

Now that Silver is running CK may we see the return of Mike Barnes

The thing that kills me about CK is they still act like Daniel hasn't beaten anyone he took out most of CK in the tournament before Johnny and fought Chozen for his life

The complex characters is what makes this show watchable. Daniel had to turn into Johnny a little to get through to his son, his wife was a little badass herself.

Robbie vs Eli was the best match and nobody has still beaten Miguel

:sas2: