Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
although this is funny, she did meet him tho on several occasions that’s why he wrote in that letter that she felt like she was his granddaughter...also to further support this, when daniel took her fishing, they were reminiscing about the times they went fishing together with mr. miyagi and sam was able to easily balance on the helm of the little fishing boat so she was definitely familiar with/met him before

I thought he died in 05...when she was 1. Or is that Pat Morita in real life :patrice:? I actually thought I might be wrong as I was typing but I was flowing breh :russ:

That said, I don't care if that was her actual grandpa that's not how trauma/PTSD works. It was a deus ex machina wrapped in "mental health" and nostalgia.

Rayzah

I'm Everywhere you ain't never there
Daps
wow impressive ending...shyt was dope except for the over the top house fight...idk maybe it was the homeowner in me that had me pissed throughout the whole fight...everything else was great tho down to phil collins’ ‘in the air tonight’...great season finale

...buuut I still don’t see what part of kreese’s flashbacks explain his obsession with manipulating kids tho :yeshrug:

Yea all I could think during that scene was somebody would have got shot after I came home. Kreese wouldn’t have been in season 4 if it was me. I can’t imagine how much it cost to fix all that shyt..

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wow impressive ending...shyt was dope except for the over the top house fight...idk maybe it was the homeowner in me that had me pissed throughout the whole fight...everything else was great tho down to phil collins’ ‘in the air tonight’...great season finale

...buuut I still don’t see what part of kreese’s flashbacks explain his obsession with manipulating kids tho :yeshrug:

I don't think it's as much about that as it is about fulfilling his kill or be killed, GI JOE, "leader of men" fantasies. He'd be doing it in the military if they let his ass back in. So since has has nothing and nowhere to go, kids are his only outlet. Eventually adults will start looking at him like :gucci: (see: Johnny).

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I don't think it's as much about that as it is about fulfilling his kill or be killed, GI JOE, "leader of men" fantasies. He'd be doing it in the military if they let his ass back in. So since has has nothing and nowhere to go, kids are his only outlet. Eventually adults will start looking at him like :gucci: (see: Johnny).

he’s no better than the creepy landlord/maintenance man who wanted to fukk tory...only difference is he gets his rocks off manipulating kids into destroying each other...the way he played on tory and robby’s emotions at the thought of sam and miguel hooking up was sick

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought he died in 05...when she was 1. Or is that Pat Morita in real life :patrice:? I actually thought I might be wrong as I was typing but I was flowing breh :russ:

That said, I don't care if that was her actual grandpa that's not how trauma/PTSD works. It was a deus ex machina wrapped in "mental health" and nostalgia.

I don’t think they’d have her balancing on a boat at one...there’s the TV “facts” and real life facts...ya maybe she might’ve been that young in real life when pat morita died but within the scope of the show she has memories of meeting/being around him at a somewhat later age

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he’s no better than the creepy landlord/maintenance man who wanted to fukk tory...only difference is he gets his rocks off manipulating kids into destroying each other...the way he played on tory and robby’s emotions at the thought of sam and miguel hooking up was sick

:whoa: I thought he just wanted to sit privately to discuss payment options. :francis: :russ:

He's actually way worse because he's actively recruiting them. He's basically like those pedophiles that get jobs coaching, teaching etc.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I don’t think they’d have her balancing on a boat at one...there’s the TV “facts” and real life facts...ya maybe she might’ve been that young in real life when pat morita died but within the scope of the show she has memories of meeting/being around him at a somewhat later age

Yeah I forgot about all that shyt. Sounds familiar now that you mention it.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
He's actually way worse because he's actively recruiting them. He's basically like those pedophiles that get jobs coaching, teaching etc.

as a teacher, kids sometimes want to impress you as much as they do their own parents sometimes more depending on how they view you and/or their relationship (or lack of one) with their parents...for him to drive tory into attacking sam at her house bcuz he implied sam and miguel were together is some real fukked up shyt...I just put it to the side cuz it’s a show but the thought of it is really fukking creepy tho

from his background I can understand teaching kids to defend themselves and I can even buy into the “no mercy” shyt within the context of an actual fight when you’re forced to fight back but this some other predatory shyt

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
as a teacher, kids sometimes want to impress you as much as they do their own parents sometimes more depending on how they view you and/or their relationship (or lack of one) with their parents...for him to drive tory into attacking sam at her house bcuz he implied sam and miguel were together is some real fukked up shyt...I just put it to the side cuz it’s a show but the thought of it is really fukking creepy tho

from his background I can understand teaching kids to defend themselves and I can even buy into the “no mercy” shyt within the context of an actual fight when you’re forced to fight back but this some other predatory shyt

His backstory was intended to show how he crossed over from the "never give up, fight to the death" good soilder, to the sadistic animal that takes pride in harming others. Like all good predators he can spot the kids that don't have anyone. That's why he took special interest in Tory and Robby. That's why he took special interest in Johnny all those years ago. Many predators are able to share a sob story with their prey to help them feel connected and let their guard down. You can definitely go pretty deep with this if you wanted to.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
tory was gonna give it up to the maintenance man :takedat: til kreese fukked it up for him :sadcam:

:russ:

IRL she woulda already been hookin or at the very least stripping. People present sex work like it's this luxurious, easy, fun thing when really it's usually some young girl who didn't have any other options and no guidance.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.

The looks on his homies faces when he told them he was brinking Cobra Kai back with Krease says it all lol

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California

The Mr Miyagi character officially died in 2011. Sam was born in 2001, which would have made her 10 when he passed. Remember, they're technically still in 2018 timeline wise.

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Bushed
Daps
Spoil it for me, did they bring back Mike Barnes or Terry Silver?