Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

kids coming from real struggle and their thirst/hunger. Most these kids on this show besides Miguel and ol boy Son are a bunch rich kids. Next Season they get Kreese or whoever out the way, intro a new gym from the hood with a Jim Kelly or Shonuff type sensei :wow::mjlol:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
T
This Sam getting paralyzed with fear shyt was a little :comeon:. bytch's voice had her shook?

Nah, that's exactly how trauma/ptsd can work.

She's not scared of HER, but everything that happened that led up to pretty much putting Miguel on what looked like his death bed is associated with her voice and image. When someone, even someone you might like or even love get's associated with a traumatic event, anything about them can short circuit your nervous system. She can't even walk by the hand rails without tensing up.

FTBS

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nah, that's exactly how trauma/ptsd can work.

She's not scared of HER, but everything that happened that led up to pretty much putting Miguel on what looked like his death bed is associated with her voice and image. When someone, even someone you might like or even love get's associated with a traumatic event, anything about them can short circuit your nervous system. She can't even walk by the hand rails without tensing up.

I know how it works and that's my problem with it. If you are gonna dive into mental health issues, do it properly. Don't use it as a plot device. It was way too convenient and predictable. All those people and places were associated with that shyt. Yet she's kicking ass and taking names until Tory comes along. She was having dreams about the broad. They were pretty heavy handed in letting you know it was about her in particular. They basically took being shook by someone and added some legit mental health elements to spice it up. She was the only one with lingering mental affects from that shyt? Last put not least, you damn sure don't magically, instantaneously recover from a traumatic experience by looking at a picture of some dude you never met :mjlol:. It was lazy and cliche and inaccurate. I have the same issue with Miguel's recovery.

Last edited:

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
I know how it works and that's my problem with it. If you are gonna dive into mental health issues, do it properly. Don't use it as a plot device. It was way too convenient and predictable. All those people and places were associated with that shyt. Yet she's kicking ass and taking names until Tory comes along. She was having dreams about the broad. They were pretty heavy handed in letting you know it was about her in particular. They basically took being shook by someone and added some legit mental health elements to spice it up. She was the only one with lingering mental affects from that shyt? Last put not least, you damn sure don't magically, instantaneously recover from a traumatic experience by looking at a picture of some dude you never met :mjlol:. It was lazy and cliche and inaccurate. I have the same issue with Miguel's recovery.

Oh okay I feel you on that. I also see how they could have overshot had they really fleshed either of those issues out that deserved more time. Like they could have realistically kept Miguel in the chair the whole season but I can see the trade off in pace.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
...you damn sure don't magically, instantaneously recover from a traumatic experience by looking at a picture of some dude you never met

although this is funny, she did meet him tho on several occasions that’s why he wrote in that letter that she felt like she was his granddaughter...also to further support this, when daniel took her fishing, they were reminiscing about the previous times they went fishing together with mr. miyagi and sam was able to easily balance on the front of the little fishing boat so she was definitely familiar with him