Official Cobra Kai: The Karate Kid Saga Continues Thread

KalKal

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
No Whammies!!
As someone that’s made martial arts their career (not karate) Re: what you said that I bolded.

That’s facts. And a lot of legit martial artists and mma fighters and coaches have said in casual conversations for years that the old Karate Kid flicks gave people a false idea of what effective training was. The whole idea of practicing stuff (like waxing a car) that’s not fighting and then translating it to fighting is goofy.

Miyagi’s entire philosophy of not actually training hard or fighting for real is not a good way to train. But it’s just a film series and show, so it’s not that serious.
:hubie:

But you aren’t wrong.
:salute:

The funniest part was when Daniel-san takes his daughter fishing, then hands her a staff and says "Cast the line!".
I'm pretty sure that's not how stick fighting works.

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
Absolutely. It’s impressive actually; even with the semi-sympathetic flashbacks/backstory, I still despise him to his core.
:pacspit:

Edit; It’s ridiculous that a Vietnam vet in the late 2010’s would still give a fukk about meddling around in the affairs of high school kids and 35 year old Karate beefs, but somehow I buy in :lolbron:

:russ: As ridiculous as a peewee hockey coach with enough pull to get a big shot lawyer fired. Just off the success of this show I'm a bit optimistic about the Mighty Ducks show that's coming out.

TheGreatShowtime

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Swamp
I still can’t believe ol girl is Allie.

Seen her on The Boys and some other shows and until like a few months ago..... didn’t know the connection :wow:

Elisabeth Shue has aged like fine wine. She was so sexy in The Boys :noah:

It would be dope if she made a sequel/reboot to Adventures in Babysitting. That movie is so underrated.

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Elisabeth Shue has aged like fine wine. She was so sexy in The Boys :noah:

It would be dope if she made a sequel/reboot to Adventures in Babysitting. That movie is so underrated.

She was on that and Back To The Future sequels

It’s crazy I never saw the connection to all that till recently

Black Samurai

Kill or Be Killed
Daps
Reppin
California
Just finished....

first off...... watching the after show..... when Netflix start doing after shows of their series?:dwillhuh:

Also..... Gotdamn how old is the guy playing Miguel? Nicca got a full grown beard:dwillhuh:

He's only 19. Peyton List is 22 and the chick playing Sam is already 24

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
:russ: As ridiculous as a peewee hockey coach with enough pull to get a big shot lawyer fired. Just off the success of this show I'm a bit optimistic about the Mighty Ducks show that's coming out.

With the way Goldberg was looking in recent pics I seen on here and Kenan likely too busy with SNL to star in this, I'm skeptical about this show now that I hear about it. But I could be surprised.

Just finished....

first off...... watching the after show..... when Netflix start doing after shows of their series?:dwillhuh:

Also..... Gotdamn how old is the guy playing Miguel? Nicca got a full grown beard:dwillhuh:

The hell after show are you watching? :dahell: You got Netflix US or some international shyt? :mindblown:

Just finished watching. I had binged the first two seasons in early December so not even a month ago. So I got to experience everything in a short timeframe which was lovely. :wow:

I don't know how I'll survive the wait until season 4. Will have to find something else to watch.:mjcry:

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
With the way Goldberg was looking in recent pics I seen on here and Kenan likely too busy with SNL to star in this, I'm skeptical about this show now that I hear about it. But I could be surprised.

Goldberg is actually healthy again which surprised me because all the former meth heads I've seen would still look depleted.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Yeah that was a bit of stretch, because the captain seemed to be a decent dude to them all. They should’ve shown Kreese already being badder when he was younger or the captain should’ve been much harsher on him so I could buy it
Yep. Also I thought there was gonna be some twist where kreese learned from Miyagi also, since it seemed like he knew karate already when he had to fight out back behind the diner