Official Candyman Thread

hatealot

Banned
Daps
Just watched, I was super excited for it. It was fukking terrible :snoop: there wasn’t any buildup, it was all over the place and predictable,but the worst thing about it, it didn’t have any soul. This was corny as fukk, just some bland new black bullshyt.

I had to look up the director so I would know to advoid any of her future projects :snoop: also peele was a writer and I’m ready to chuck his ass in the bushes too, he's about to make me re-evaluate get-out because all of his shyt since has been horrible.
Peele has disappointed me too many times now

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
Peele has disappointed me too many times now
Get out looks like a fluke lol i dont what care what folks say any thing with Peele association been mid.

and i think the viel of something being filmed well is wearing off. We were used to predom black movies being so low budget in the 2000s that anything shot well we called it good (of course outside of the actually good movies).

with tech today its hard not to make a movie that looks good visually so the writing now is more apparent when it sucks. Its not like these movies are weird and risky like them A24 flickd, these movies plots be basic as hell yet they still drop the ball

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They're gonna cop pleas because he didn't direct this but his fingerprints are hard to ignore. Especially the advertising.

If that "Nope" joint is bad, I'm done with dude. Tired of making excuses for him.

Yeah. Idk what the hell has happens to black creatives in America (well i do know, our black skin is just the marketing but these movies arent made for us so we need to dead that group economics mindset when it isnt our group creating the product anyways lol)

Zero

Wig-Twisting Season
Daps
5 minutes in and they got a batty boy prancing around :comeon:
Couldn't even give him a black man to be with :snoop:

Not even trying to get TLR with it but there's 3 straight Black men in the whole movie.

1 is a jobless artist living off his girl (and they drive this point home multiple times) turned monster who they try to "redeem" by weaponizing him

1 is a bougie and pretentious art nikka

And the other turns out to be a fukking lunatic

It's like they went down a hashtag checklist making this bullshyt

#YaaaaasQueen
#DoBetterBruh
#WypipoBeLike
#AllCopsAreBad
#YouOkaySis

Terrible.

JordanwiththeWiz

you mad..you big mad..I’m happy..leave me alone
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
I hate to be that guy but movie theater experience is overrated. I enjoyed movies way better from the comfort of my home versus the movies. I seen this and Old at the movies both was trash. God bless HBO MAX Malignant was way more entertaining than this joint.