Official Candyman Thread

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Most of the people that liked "Them" was White folks. A lot of Black people hated it from jump.
It's a whole thread on here where nikkas was ready to fight over others shytting on how bad that movie was:mjlol:

Dudes was in there making up plot points
To defend the movie:mjlol:

Dudes were saying that even the music choice was brilliant and meant something

Talking bout. "He chose I Got 5 on It because it is a hidden message to Black America to pool their resources and build" :mjlol:

Then Peele came out and did an interview and said he had no message by picking that song
He just liked that song:mjlol:

And the theories fans coming out with for the movie are false:mjlol:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Yeeeeeeeeah.
This wasnt poppin like that.
shyt was mad short!

:what:

Wish they showed them lil pink toes getting bodied.
That scene was weak than a muthafukka!

Id probably give this shyt like a 6.5/10.

:manny:

All the murders in this Candyman were weak none graphic:francis:

They showed the trailer for the new Michael Myers movie
And in the trailer alone
He was stabbing an old black lady through the throat with a damm light fixture:francis:

Im pretty sure 75% of the murders shown in the trailer were Black:francis: and that trailer was graphic as fukk

Probably the most graphic movie trailer i ever seen:francis:

Movie will be trash as hell most likely tho​

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Man shut the absolute fukk up
People can have their own opinions
Like you ths arbiter of thought:mjlol:

"all of a sudden" :dead:

Like people dont shyt on wack movies daily

Like "all of a sudden"
This the only time people clowned a terrible movie:dead:

I swear yall just pathetic

you shut the fukk up. You can feel however you wanna feel about the movie. You quoting me.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's a whole thread on here where nikkas was ready to fight over others shytting on how bad that movie was:mjlol:

Dudes was in there making up plot points
To defend the movie:mjlol:

Dudes were saying that even the music choice was brilliant and meant something

Talking bout. "He chose I Got 5 on It because it is a hidden message to Black America to pool their resources and build" :mjlol:

Then Peele came out and did an interview and said he had no message by picking that song
He just liked that song:mjlol:

And the theories fans coming out with for the movie are false:mjlol:

That was "Us" , the Jordan Peele film lol. "Them" was a tv show about a Black family being terrorized by a White community that Lena Waithe produced.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think we so starved for good black film dudes are giving this a pass while acknowledging the idiotic plot points lol, these folks already got our money so idk why dudes cappin

It's gotten generally overall positive reception from critics and audiences so the consensus is that it's a "good" film.

Reminds me of Hereditary/Midsommar, where they were considered great from a critics standpoint, but online discourse and discussion around the films are mostly negative.

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
It's gotten generally overall positive reception from critics and audiences so the consensus is that it's a "good" film.

Reminds me of Hereditary/Midsommar, where they were considered great from a critics standpoint, but online discourse and discussion around the films are mostly negative.

The interesting part is that the RT scores are good for critics and audience. But I've peeped 5 podcasts are no one was really feeling it. It definitely won't br as polarizing as an a24 flick

I was excited for this one too. Went to Alamo and had dinner.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
The interesting part is that the RT scores are good for critics and audience. But I've peeped 5 podcasts are no one was really feeling it. It definitely won't br as polarizing as an a24 flick

I was excited for this one too. Went to Alamo and had dinner.
I need these podcasts breh :feedme:

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

I loved both Hereditary and Midsommar, but I think you're right, the mainstream appeal may not be there for this one because there aren't enough graphic kills or good jump scares.