Official Candyman Thread

nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
As Burke stated, Candyman to him was Sherman Fields. There was a "hive" of those referred to as Candyman. With Daniel Robataille being da original from da 1870's. So with that, everyone would have a different version of who Candyman is to them. Da movie showed 5. So da Candyman of da OG movie may not be da one that anyone else experienced, since there was a hive.
Except they didn't state all of that explicitly. You saw it at the end but by then it was too late. And even with that, why would one be summoned if the other was the reason you became a member? He had zero connection to the one in the film. And if he is transforming, what was the reason for the other to be doing the killing? And they seemed to be turning him into the hero...the vigilante.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Except they didn't state all of that explicitly. You saw it at the end but by then it was too late. And even with that, why would one be summoned if the other was the reason you became a member? He had zero connection to the one in the film. And if he is transforming, what was the reason for the other to be doing the killing? And they seemed to be turning him into the hero...the vigilante.

Killing is what kept his legend alive. Akin to Freddy Kreuger. Without people knowing,, he doesn't or can't exist. His connection to da one in da film is based on da fact that all of them died due to white supremacy/racism and a string of murders occurred after each anytime it occurred.
So while Sherman Fields was Candyman to Burke, that wasn't da case to others. Helen, for example who got da OG iteration of Daniel Robataille. And other residents of Cabrini Green at da time. Cause again, after each unjust murder, there'd be a string of murders so everyone had a different idea of Candyman was to him but at da core of it, da legend was da same to everyone.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think we so starved for good black film dudes are giving this a pass while acknowledging the idiotic plot points lol, these folks already got our money so idk why dudes cappin

Why are people going so hard on this film? Its horror flick and it will and does have a lot of problems. I am avid horror movie buff, trust me this movie is better than majority of what is out there that people say is good. Yes the scare factor is not there, but its a great film for horror type standards. People all of sudden just want to raise the bar for this film to say it was bad. I read somewhere that they thought this movie was going to be the Nolan of horror. Im like wtf? What type of fair expectation was that?

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
I havent seen the 1st one in years, but hot damn!
The whites fatality'd the shyt outa CandyMayne!!

:damn:

Yall had to set him on fire too!?!?!

:mindblown:

BXKingPin82

The Chairman of the Board will be... The Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx NY
NOT THE WHITE GIRLS!!!!!

:damn:

Now thats what i call...

White girl wasted!

:troll:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
As Burke stated, Candyman to him was Sherman Fields. There was a "hive" of those referred to as Candyman. With Daniel Robataille being da original from da 1870's. So with that, everyone would have a different version of who Candyman is to them. Da movie showed 5. So da Candyman of da OG movie may not be da one that anyone else experienced, since there was a hive.
Yeah that makes zero sense
That explains nothing

If there were multiple candy men
Then there would be multiple people with stories about them and not just 1 guy:mjlol:

Plot was stupid as shyt

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Why are people going so hard on this film? Its horror flick and it will and does have a lot of problems. I am avid horror movie buff, trust me this movie is better than majority of what is out there that people say is good. Yes the scare factor is not there, but its a great film for horror type standards. People all of sudden just want to raise the bar for this film to say it was bad. I read somewhere that they thought this movie was going to be the Nolan of horror. Im like wtf? What type of fair expectation was that?
Man shut the absolute fukk up
People can have their own opinions
Like you ths arbiter of thought:mjlol:

"all of a sudden" :dead:

Like people dont shyt on wack movies daily

Like "all of a sudden"
This the only time people clowned a terrible movie:dead:

I swear yall just pathetic