Official Candyman Thread

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
How did Burke know what to do anyways as to complete da ritual??? That also goes unanswered.

Also not every Candyman had their hand cut off I am assuming as well. I mean Sherman had a handicapped utility hook somehow converted to farmhouse hook impaled into his wrist :deadmanny:.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
Scene that was cut from the movie third act with Helen allegedly

There is a scene right after Anthony gets kills and he wakes up in Candyman lair( the scene in the trailer where the bees are flying around inside some sort of church). This scenes includes Helen and basically explaining the situation and Tony Todd is present there as well asking him to join the congregation.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Not really because that one somehow placed his origin at a plantation in N'awlins. Da OG version & this one place it at Cabrini Green which I always have as well.

I prefer the 1st movie but love the NO setting for his backstory better in my opinion. It gave more validity to his pain and explained the mirror connection. That one made his character tragic and he also only killed white people in that one too

:lolbron:

White City Black

Ol’ Basquiat head ass
Daps
Reppin
Chicago's South Shore

There is a scene right after Anthony gets kills and he wakes up in Candyman lair( the scene in the trailer where the bees are flying around inside some sort of church). This scenes includes Helen and basically explaining the situation and Tony Todd is present there as well asking him to join the congregation.

I wish that scene was in the film honestly.

Overall I thought the movie was decent. My OG took me to see the OG when I was young, so I may return the favor with this one.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

Overall I thought the movie was decent. My OG took me to see the OG when I was young, so I may return the favor with this one.
Yeah makes waaaaay more sense then the cheap CGI fan nod at the end

colicolicoli

Droid Gang
Daps
Reppin
LBC
I enjoyed the movie, it was a good date night flick to me but I don’t like horror movies that much (yes im p*ssy) and I never seen the original.

I did think the boyfriend not getting his arm checked out sooner was odd but ehh the movie was cool. I wanna watch it again with my family

On another note, this was the first time I went to the movies and it was packed like pre-Corona with mostly black folks…it made the experience even better like always.

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You

They should not have cut that scene because it would've made a lot of the muddled stuff in the 3rd act 100% clearer. If it was to make the final run time then i could've lived without Teyonnah meeting that bougie black chick at the art museum or the extended scene of her getting drunk with her brother and his boyfriend.

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

They should not have cut that scene because it would've made a lot of the muddled stuff in the 3rd act 100% clearer. If it was to make the final run time then i could've lived without Teyonnah meeting that bougie black chick at the art museum or the extended scene of her getting drunk with her brother and his boyfriend.

That scene would have made the "hive" idea a lot better and also a great fan service for the original.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

they had to shoe horn how the black woman is doing so good even through all her trauma. That and her pops committing suicide were dumb (cause they didnt even use em for the plot point).

Ya' Cousin Cleon

OG COUCH CORNER HUSTLA
Daps
Reppin
Harvey World to Dallas, TX
Most creative people that I know don't fukk with twitter for a reason

and it's not even about being sensitive

it's just realizing it's futile trying to please almost 42 million people

gotta KIM and do your craft anyway.

I hate people like this, they never let black films breathe.

People like this speak from a place of jealousy and hate. I also can’t take them seriously because they’re not around black people in their daily lives and are the negro whisperer for their white, corporate payola backed website.

It’s one thing to not like a movie, it’s not another to trash black “art” because you weren’t good enough to ever be a part of those circles. I can also just about guarantee she loved Lovecraft Country, which was truly a mess.