Official Candyman Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Looks interesting. The tone is really different. Candyman is a very gritty, bleak, ugly film. That trailer almost looks...gentrified, but with black people. Stylish, black millenials...shot similarly to Moonlight where the beauty of darker complexions literally seems to shine on the screen. It's a different time, and I'm not saying the film should look exactly like the first. It's just a jarring difference.

BTW real talk? I didn't see Candyman in full until last year. As I kid I used to sneak and watch as much as I could whenever it would come on UPN but that shyt scared me so much I'd often turn it off long before my mom could catch me lmao.

Peele's palette for direction and lighting and setting is always so glossy, I don't care for it, but I respect his work.

I think the remake of Suspiria (2018) had the right kinda look for an up to date Candyman (not saying in terms of film quality...i know its a divisive film)

However, as I said earlier the new Candyman trailer does kinda work on its own. So great points made by @Makavalli

Last edited:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Interesting :ehh: Looks like they went the straight horror route, which I'm not against but I felt the first one was a suspense movie.

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I think the remake of Suspiria (2018) had the right kinda look for an up to date Candyman (not saying in terms of film quality...i know its a divisive film)

However, as I said earlier the new Candyman trailer does kinda work on its own. So great points made by @Makavalli

I feel asleep on that movie and woke up to some freaky ass naked dancing witches. The visuals also looked like an acid trip too lol