Official Candyman Thread

Monoblock

Smoooth
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Really? That song made you not want to see the movie? I get why the use the track, it didnt hit like it should of, but not to the point it dont make me want to see the film.
I'm just tired and a little on edge don't mind me. I'll watch it again after I get some rest but right now I'm not feeling it at all.

23Barrettcity

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Eh. I'm not gonna pre judge a movie off of a trailer but it fasho wasnt hitting like that. And then when you add in US being underwhelming ultimately and them trash ass Twilight Zone episodes, Ima def be tempering me expectations on this one.
What ?this isn’t peeles movie

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Probably my favorite bit
ERy17VVXUAAbtol

Black dont crack :wow:

Oh shyt is that the moms from the first one who candyman cut off the dogs head and kidnapped the baby?

:ohhh:

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah, even though the villain died at the end, the heroine also died and she did so horribly. Her last days alive were filled with bloodshed and misery and she basically became the new Candyman. It doesn't feel like a victory at all and I guess that's the point: It's not.

honestly the ending it was certified it as a classic for me. Helen coming back and gutting her ex had me spooked like im not saying anybody’s fukkin name in the mirror 5 times cause they might pop up with the hook

:russ:

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
Looks interesting. The tone is really different. Candyman is a very gritty, bleak, ugly film. That trailer almost looks...gentrified, but with black people. Stylish, black millenials...shot similarly to Moonlight where the beauty of darker complexions literally seems to shine on the screen. It's a different time, and I'm not saying the film should look exactly like the first. It's just a jarring difference.

BTW real talk? I didn't see Candyman in full until last year. As I kid I used to sneak and watch as much as I could whenever it would come on UPN but that shyt scared me so much I'd often turn it off long before my mom could catch me lmao.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Looks interesting. The tone is really different. Candyman is a very gritty, bleak, ugly film. That trailer almost looks...gentrified, but with black people. Stylish, black millenials...shot similarly to Moonlight where the beauty of darker complexions literally seems to shine on the screen. It's a different time, and I'm not saying the film should look exactly like the first. It's just a jarring difference.

BTW real talk? I didn't see Candyman in full until last year. As I kid I used to sneak and watch as much as I could whenever it would come on UPN but that shyt scared me so much I'd often turn it off long before my mom could catch me lmao.

that might be the genius of it tho. Its too early to tell but the first was grimy like cabrini green. That bathroom scene with the bees in the shytty toilet water,pissy project hallways etc but now that area is gentrified so how can it not be displayed as that??

The twist is these millennials thinking its all good cause the buildings were brought down but just like an old indian burial ground that bad energy is still In the air. if thats supposed to be the baby from the 1st then it makes sense that something was imprinted on him when he was with candyman

Shyt im excited now

:wow:

darealvelle

Real Talk
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

They rarely played the first film on tv where I was at. They only showed the shytty sequels on usa or sci fi.

Piff Perkins

Veteran
Daps
that might be the genius of it tho. Its too early to tell but the first was grimy like cabrini green. That bathroom scene with the bees in the shytty toilet water,pissy project hallways etc but now that area is gentrified so how can it not be displayed as that??

The twist is these millennials thinking its all good cause the buildings were brought down but just like an old indian burial ground that bad energy is still In the air. if thats supposed to be the baby from the 1st then it makes sense that something was imprinted on him when he was with candyman

Shyt im excited now

:wow:
This I should a brilliant point man. Whew