Official Call of Duty Black Ops: Cold War Thread

Cowboyz89

#WeDemBoyz Season Has Returned
Daps
Reppin
Fukk Trump
I tried to go back on it, but I'm done. Then again, when season one drops I might revisit it. But as of now, fukk that game. I'm glad it's coming out that SBMM is more than simply matching you up with clones of yourself. I've been saying since earlier this year on MW there's something going on with hit detection, aim assist, hit boxes, increases ping, etc.. Whatever it is has been cranked up on Cold War. I can't tell you how many times I go on a tear in TDM, Dom, Kill Confirmed, and all of a sudden it's like a switch gets flipped. Players are being nerfed in real time. Activision has patents that describe it.

United States Patent Application: 0190091577

I came back to post about this.

The entire structure of matchmaking is being changed for the worse in order to keep players average and increase the incentive to pay extra for upgrades.
Im not buying anymore COD games if SBMM is stil around.
So Im likely done.

SNYC

Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
Me and my husband still play but the majority of our friends list went back to modern warfare. :francis: Also when I play nuke 24-7 sometimes it throws me in a combined arms combat lobby wtf is that??
A woman (married at that) with a controller.... :salute:

And a C.o.D player :banderas:

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
This is the reason why I hate playing non search & destroy objective-based game modes without a squad. No matter what ill keep pushing the objective no matter how many times I die while my team is just camping for kills. We still lost this game of domination too. If I had 1 other person that was objective oriented, we would won

v2

Folks need to get penalized for that shyt because I've noticed very few going for da objectives in objective based matches especially on Nuketown.

Daps
Reppin
404/678/770 тσ 702
Ok the SBMM is hitting now. I’m in lobbies with nikkas jumping around corners with the AK-47u and camping with 4x. These kill streaks are low key trash af also. Sentry guns get destroyed with one grenade and air strikes like artillery and napalm are so useless. I swear KS have been trash across the board since blops3

Napalm strike particularly sucks.

Last edited:

LordDeathwatch

Valar Morghulis
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore, MD / Charlotte, NC
Me and my husband still play but the majority of our friends list went back to modern warfare. :francis: Also when I play nuke 24-7 sometimes it throws me in a combined arms combat lobby wtf is that??

My CoD Friends list is split about 70/30 in favor of MW. :francis:

As for the Nuketown thing, they've done that to me with Fireteam as well, just tossing me into the Combined Arms lobby. That & the weapons attachments not having matching names is annoying AF.

BonafideDefacto

The Coli's Jetsetter & Globetrotter
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Bay
A few points...

• This game has grown on me a lot. I can play both core and hardcore without skipping a beat due to their balanced weapons and hit detection system. I would encourage casuals trying to get into this not to just play team Deathmatch, but get into modes like Fire Team and Assault
  • SBMM plus me being maxed out...I'm still averaging over a 2KD in most lobbies :blessed:
  • The killstreaks aren't completely useless, they just require a skill-set to use them. Gone are the days of camping for killstreaks that are OP. As I said earlier, this game ain't meant for people who play slow and camp. The spawns system, matchmaking system and killstreaks require movement and some finesse. The killstreaks are even deadlier in objective based games vs multi-player. You just have to know how to place them. The days where half ur kills coming from killstreaks are over:hubie:
  • I've that they put more of an effort into explaining the weapon stats and sliders in this game. I just don't know how they'll effectively move MW guns with these when MW weapons have an issue with weapon stats
  • Only thing that irks me is that my favorite gamemode, Search & Destroy, is shyt in the Black Ops 'engine'. The maps and general game flow is not good for that gamemode. Maybe the new maps will change my opinion...but I need some S&D in my life

CBSwagga

All Star
Daps
I need some people to run with preferably Xbox to party up. Drop some GTs

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
A few points...

• This game has grown on me a lot. I can play both core and hardcore without skipping a beat due to their balanced weapons and hit detection system. I would encourage casuals trying to get into this not to just play team Deathmatch, but get into modes like Fire Team and Assault
  • SBMM plus me being maxed out...I'm still averaging over a 2KD in most lobbies :blessed:
  • The killstreaks aren't completely useless, they just require a skill-set to use them. Gone are the days of camping for killstreaks that are OP. As I said earlier, this game ain't meant for people who play slow and camp. The spawns system, matchmaking system and killstreaks require movement and some finesse. The killstreaks are even deadlier in objective based games vs multi-player. You just have to know how to place them. The days where half ur kills coming from killstreaks are over:hubie:
  • I've that they put more of an effort into explaining the weapon stats and sliders in this game. I just don't know how they'll effectively move MW guns with these when MW weapons have an issue with weapon stats
  • Only thing that irks me is that my favorite gamemode, Search & Destroy, is shyt in the Black Ops 'engine'. The maps and general game flow is not good for that gamemode. Maybe the new maps will change my opinion...but I need some S&D in my life

K/D don't mean shyt nowadays with this variant of SBMM. The pros ain't even maintaining 2s.

Pimp

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I came back to post about this.

The entire structure of matchmaking is being changed for the worse in order to keep players average and increase the incentive to pay extra for upgrades.
Im not buying anymore COD games if SBMM is stil around.
So Im likely done.

SBMM was made so casuals can enjoy the game. If 30 million people buy COD about 20m are casual players maybe more..If the top 10% of players were in normal lobbiess you would have chopper gunners up every minute.

This is what happens when you have top players in normal lobbies.. This nikka stopped playing the game because he couldn't do shyt to people on his level.

THASTUNNA

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South East Houston
SBMM was made so casuals can enjoy the game. If 30 million people buy COD about 20m are casual players maybe more..If the top 10% of players were in normal lobbiess you would have chopper gunners up every minute.

This is what happens when you have top players in normal lobbies.. This nikka stopped playing the game because he couldn't do shyt to people on his level.

The pub stomper MarkofJ